Register

New owner of bisexual.com

is there a new owner here

Re: New owner of bisexual.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shapshifter View Post
    The site stays up and running for the revenue ads and foolish custies who pay for a membership bring in.

I have continued to pay for membership since it was an option. The site is still up and running. So, given how little it cost, I got what I paid for.
    JEM

Quote Originally Posted by Shapshifter View Post

It does seem that there might be----the site itself went down for a time last year, but came back and the chat room, after having been gone for ages----also came back and knock on wood----has been staying up running for almost two months now--which is a record the past few years.

I figure that someone some place is at least tending to the site in some minimal way---it does cost money to have a site that has to make use of a lot of bandwidth or whatever, and keep servers going for so long-----you do have to shut them down for service or replace them and have others take over from time to time--Drew has been gone for a few years now.

This site simply could not continue to operate on its own.

Perhaps if someone did take it over---they are biding their time to make changes and such if that is their plan or I guess--at least keep it going on the basis it now is running.

So far though---there has not been anyone come forth to say that they have taken over ownership or management of the site and what they intend to do with it....

The Domain ID is 1890128_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN. The server names are NS1.CONEPUPPY.COM and NS2.CONEPUPPY.COM and they are located in St. Louis, MO. The registrar is TUCOWS, INC. The registrant is Brian Kyle, Microniche Enterprises Inc., 11 Brentwood Lane SW, Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada, T1B0B4. Phone +1.4035800789 Email imbriankyle@hotmail.com Brian Kyle is also listed as the site technician. My guess is he is the owner.

source:
    http://www.tucowsdomains.com/whois
    Last edited by bw299; Jul 15, 2017 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Added source

Quote Originally Posted by bw299 View Post
    The Domain ID is 1890128_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN. The server names are NS1.CONEPUPPY.COM and NS2.CONEPUPPY.COM and they are located in St. Louis, MO. The registrar is TUCOWS, INC. The registrant is Brian Kyle, Microniche Enterprises Inc., 11 Brentwood Lane SW, Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada, T1B0B4. Phone +1.4035800789 Email imbriankyle@hotmail.com Brian Kyle is also listed as the site technician. My guess is he is the owner.

source:
    Well, that answers our question. I am pretty ignorant when it comes to the technical aspect of computers and the internet--I know how to turn my computer on--do what I do on it and that is about it--and really--all I care to know.

Thanks for looking up who this site is registered to--I knew that someone had to have taken it over--guess they are just going to keep it going like this--at least for now.

I guess we can thank them for fixing the chat room--now I wished that more people would either come back to the site that used to come but left or more people come to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by bw299 View Post

source:
    Interesting bit of Sleuthing.

Mr. Kyle is the brother of Andrew Kyle (aka: Drew) who owned and operated the site until he passed away. His brother wanted to sell it (for a silly amount, I asked), and I guess he decided to keep it running.

I wish he would moderate (or hire or assign a moderator) to remove jack offs and trolls like Pole Smoker.

Quote Originally Posted by NjbiGuy01 View Post
    Mr. Kyle is the brother of Andrew Kyle (aka: Drew) who owned and operated the site until he passed away. His brother wanted to sell it (for a silly amount, I asked), and I guess he decided to keep it running.

I wish he would moderate (or hire or assign a moderator) to remove jack offs and trolls like Pole Smoker.
    Maybe what we need to do as members is 1) become cash-paying members to make it worthwhile for Mr. Kyle, and 2) send him emails expressing our commitment to the site and requesting more active moderation.

LOL, you're one of the biggest trolls here.

This site is still up and running since "Drew" or Andrew Kyle abandoned it, and it's still up and running since it brings in revenue from ads and people who actually are gullible enough to pay for a membership for a long dead and abandoned site. Drew did not KHS, he just got lazy.

I am assuming that when you say that "Drew's" brother---has a "silly price" for the sale of the site---means that he wants BIG $$$$$ for it??

I did figure it would be too much money to be reasonable....

I would think just the domain name alone (bisexual.com) would be worth some $$. It's too bad they aren't willing / able to provide a moderator. Hell, I'd pay a few bucks if it meant getting rid of the neighborhood troll. Boot the local troll, add some regularly refreshed articles, blogs and cross-advertise with some other sites and they could easily triple the number of users and ad revenue in a matter of months. Even if their goal was to see the site, they could get a lot more if the site was alive and active. Doing nothing is penny wise and pound foolish.

All I can say is, I hope this site becomes the community it once was.

no i am not here to spam sites but i wouldnt mind being a moderator. I am one on another site and i am told i am pretty fair one too.

Quote Originally Posted by DMercator View Post
    I would think just the domain name alone (bisexual.com) would be worth some $$. It's too bad they aren't willing / able to provide a moderator. Hell, I'd pay a few bucks if it meant getting rid of the neighborhood troll. Boot the local troll, add some regularly refreshed articles, blogs and cross-advertise with some other sites and they could easily triple the number of users and ad revenue in a matter of months. Even if their goal was to see the site, they could get a lot more if the site was alive and active. Doing nothing is penny wise and pound foolish.
    Exactly. One of the things missing from Bisexual.com is advertising. Advertising is big $$$ and the site is missing out on it. Also, other sites would pay $$$ to have links on Bisexual.com. Another thing is other sites that have free membership options severely limit access to free members. If members want full access, they have to pay for it, which means more $$$. Active moderators who are paid with free, full memberships and given the notoriety of titles would also greatly improve traffic on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by 12voltyV2.0 View Post
    I am assuming that when you say that "Drew's" brother---has a "silly price" for the sale of the site---means that he wants BIG $$$$$ for it??

I did figure it would be too much money to be reasonable....
    He had mentioned some lofty numbers when we last spoke. I wished him luck and he stopped responding to e-mails anyway. I offered to be a moderator (which I had discussed with Drew before he passed). Yes, the site has some potential, but I just don't see this guy pursuing it. I suspect he's hoping to get an offer and eventually sell it, but in the meantime it's barely functioning beyond "tolerable"....
    Last edited by NjbiGuy01; Jul 21, 2017 at 5:42 PM.

I'd throw my hat in the ring to be a Mod.

Quote Originally Posted by nashs.bath View Post
    I'd throw my hat in the ring to be a Mod.
    I wish somebody would! I sure as hell don't want the responsibility. But I'd be more than willing to pay membership fees if the owner or a designated manager would take an active interest in developing and moderating the site. As it is now you can wager the same 30-40 people are going to be online on a weekly basis; pretty piss-poor for an international web site.