Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: A Hormone-free Thread

ok, sounds like a nice change;

1. it is very rare for anyone to see me without any makeup on, though I spend lots of time trying to make it look like I am not wearing any.

2. I can tie a snell hook as well as bait my own hook ( we carry baby wipes in the tackle box to clean your hands)

3. I am a clean fanatic, even so far as I take two showers a day (minimum)

Lisa

hugs n kisses

Quote Originally Posted by Randypan View Post
    Oh no! People on a sexuality based site talking mostly about sex.
    I have little problem with people talking about sex in here. It is just that sometimes it gets so personal and graphic. If this were a private, membership only, "pay to view" site, then I would have no problem with it what so ever. But this site is open to the whole world, and a lot of people judge us by what they see in here. Some of the threads in here make us look like nothing more than a bunch of perverts who think about nothing but sex ..... at least in some people's eyes.

So why can't we tone down the more intimate parts about what we do in bed and confine it to chat or private messages, and use the forum to show the world that we are just like everybody else... We have the same issues and problems that everyone else does. We care about and are concerned about the same sorts of things that everyone else cares and is concerned about. Show them that we are not necessarily defined by our sexuality, but we just feel comfortable being around people of the same sexuality because we understand each other and what we have gone through and continue to go through in life because of it.
    http://adamkadmon43.com

Wind is caused by the trees waving their branches.
    ........ Ogden Nash

Quote Originally Posted by AdamKadmon43 View Post
    I have little problem with people talking about sex in here. It is just that sometimes it gets so personal and graphic. If this were a private, membership only, "pay to view" site, then I would have no problem with it what so ever. But this site is open to the whole world, and a lot of people judge us by what they see in here. Some of the threads in here make us look like nothing more than a bunch of perverts who think about nothing but sex ..... at least in some people's eyes.

So why can't we tone down the more intimate parts about what we do in bed and confine it to chat or private messages, and use the forum to show the world that we are just like everybody else... We have the same issues and problems that everyone else does. We care about and are concerned about the same sorts of things that everyone else cares and is concerned about. Show them that we are not necessarily defined by our sexuality, but we just feel comfortable being around people of the same sexuality because we understand each other and what we have gone through and continue to go through in life because of it.

Well said. There are SO many times when I come to the threads only to see the same questions over and over again. Yes this is a site based on bisexuality, but like sexuality it is not the only thing that defines us as individuals. We are composed of other thoughts and interests and an exploration into those areas can lead to some interesting and thought provoking exchanges.

Belle

I couldn't find an applauding hands emoticon AK and Belle, so applaudes with vigor. Exactly, what happened to intelligent threads.
    MarS,
    Official Assistant Thread Killer

Jeez, I even got booted out of the thread...lol...lets try this again...

Thanks for the thread, I must say, I dont often reply to the threads because of the nature of them, but am pleased to see this here. I appreciate you for that.

My three...

1. I love life first!...My grandbabies first...then my kids...(even through their in explicable moments...), then my extended family and friends...Life eventually leads to death and I also love that I have helped others to cross over with peace...(I do a lot of end of life care...)...not to be morbid...there is a beautiful part of death that I've experienced in my years. I've become less afraid of it as a result...(but also have grieved a lot as I have a hard time letting go of the "containers" that hold the beautiful lives I've loved.)

2. I love Vermont....it's magical moonlight...it's down home atmosphere...the relaxed feeling I get when I sit near a babbling brook here. I always come "home" to Vermont...(at least since I moved here in 72)...The winters are romantic, the spring is renewing, the summers fill me with nostalgia...and the Fall...my personal favorite...pulls out the kid in me...with the leaf piles to jump in and the vibrant colors of change....sigh...I love Vermont...

3. I love my "peeps"....People have always fascinated me. I like gentle and goofy natures, creative, giving and real....and I love to love them. I'm the always the hopelessly, hopeful romantic (in a non sexual sense)...if that makes sense...lol, in that I make friends for life...so if you only want a fair weather friend....then perhaps I am not the one to talk to.

....and I LOVE so much more...but I will keep it at three...

THANK YOU! for the wonderful thread.

Blessings...Mati

Yes! Some of us are sexually obsessive, but that can't be the total of who we are. It's nice to read about other interests, too. Some of us could list more than three, easily!

Quote Originally Posted by Randypan View Post
    Oh no! People on a sexuality based site talking mostly about sex.
    Oh, for Pete's sake, get a grip. Tess didn't say that it was wrong to talk about sex in these forums, or even that it was wrong or inappropriate that this is a major topic of conversation...nobody said that.

Personally, I don't care at all if people write sex-oriented threads, and unlike some of the others who have posted on this topic, I don't even care if people want to share graphic details...if I'm offended, I won't read them (and I don't need a button to be able to ignore someone or something).

But when there are 15 threads active at any given moment, give people a break if they want to start *one* to talk about something other than sex!

Like I said earlier in this thread, there have been around 5 threads so far this year, all based around the question of whether men or women give better head...not to mention endless threads about whether you prefer pussy or cock. Please. Are these topics so endlessly fascinating, or could it be that limiting ourselves to talking only about sex is somewhat...um...limiting? Since bisexuals have multiple dimensions to their lives, it makes sense to me that our forum topics might reflect more dimensions than just the sexual...but I'm weird, I know.
    I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)

Ok, time to face the sad music...Tess seems to be gone, at least for the short term.

So unless/until she returns, I volunteer to step forward and try to keep this thread going.

Here's my first exercise as new custodian:

• If you had been an animal (non-human), what would it have been, and why? (This is *not* the same as asking what animal you might choose to be.)

I think I would be a mouse. In real life I've always been somewhat "small and quiet", good at observing from the shadows. I'm also very frugal, and make good use of existing resources, making do when necessary, enjoying luxuries, but not requiring them.
    I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)

Quote Originally Posted by Annika L View Post
    Oh, for Pete's sake, get a grip. Tess didn't say that it was wrong to talk about sex in these forums, or even that it was wrong or inappropriate that this is a major topic of conversation...nobody said that.

Personally, I don't care at all if people write sex-oriented threads, and unlike some of the others who have posted on this topic, I don't even care if people want to share graphic details...if I'm offended, I won't read them (and I don't need a button to be able to ignore someone or something).

But when there are 15 threads active at any given moment, give people a break if they want to start *one* to talk about something other than sex!

Like I said earlier in this thread, there have been around 5 threads so far this year, all based around the question of whether men or women give better head...not to mention endless threads about whether you prefer pussy or cock. Please. Are these topics so endlessly fascinating, or could it be that limiting ourselves to talking only about sex is somewhat...um...limiting? Since bisexuals have multiple dimensions to their lives, it makes sense to me that our forum topics might reflect more dimensions than just the sexual...but I'm weird, I know.

Well said Annika.....thanks for taking over Tess's abdicated position.

Quote Originally Posted by Annika L View Post
    Ok, time to face the sad music...Tess seems to be gone, at least for the short term.

So unless/until she returns, I volunteer to step forward and try to keep this thread going.

Here's my first exercise as new custodian:

• If you had been an animal (non-human), what would it have been, and why? (This is *not* the same as asking what animal you might choose to be.)

I think I would be a mouse. In real life I've always been somewhat "small and quiet", good at observing from the shadows. I'm also very frugal, and make good use of existing resources, making do when necessary, enjoying luxuries, but not requiring them.
    I believe that I would have been a lioness. Tall, forceful, subtle to the pry which may harm her cub. Relentless in protection of her cub. Can rip an enemy apart with her strength.

Belle

ALthough.....the height of a giraffe and the big ole pouhy bellie of a kangeroo.....come to mind too.
    Last edited by onewhocares; Sep 26, 2009 at 5:36 PM. Reason: A need for humor at the end.

I think I would have been a puppy. Loving, excitable, energetic, loyal, and naive.

Well, I'll probably get a ribbing for this...but I think i would have been a cat. I love to be "pet" and cuddled...love my hair to be brushed...I like a warm hand on my back...it's reassuring. I also love to be playful...giddy and silly.
    If I had the choice...I would be a calico...presenting my colorful character.
    Another fun topic...Thanks Annika for carrying it on.
    Mati

Ok, here are my 3:
    1. Music, all of it not just one or two styles, the whole menu.
    2. I would rather laugh than frown, so I do.... a lot!
    3. Inspite of all the wingnuts that are out to destroy the Earth, and everything that lives on it, I still think it's worth saving our little section of the solar system.

What animal would I be if I wasn't born human, I don't know, I don't think there is one silly enough ..... wait a second, there is, the Platipus, lol.
    Without life there is no laughter... Without laughter there is no life

Picking 3 Non-Sexual Factoids

This is tricky as I am on here with a few people who know me, and I am trying to think of things I have not told any of them.

1) If I were every to come into sudden profound wealth, after bestowing gifts on the people who I have loved most, I would buy an Egyptian sarcophagus to have in the living room of a palatial estate I would also purchase. Ideally, this would be somewhere isolated with lots of property and beautiful gardens and maybe even oceanfront, but with access to cultural activities close enough for a short commute (by helicopter would be fine).

2) Pecan pie is my favorite holiday dish. I use the recipe right on the Karo light corn syrup bottle, and my dysfunctional family insists that I provide this for Thanksgiving and Christmas each year. I always use pecan halves, not pieces, and take the time to make them into a decorative pattern. I cheat and buy the pie crust, though. Betty Crocker, I'm not.

3) You wonder what sort of idiot buys aquarium and fireplace dvds ? Guilty as charged. I have the Aquaria DVD and a couple with fireplaces. No, I don't watch them with sex music in the background. The DVDs are soothing to have playing if I want to chillout and read or am working on a project, and I am too lazy to keep saltwater fish, which is a huge time and cost commitment. Laugh it up.

Quote Originally Posted by smartsexychick View Post
    would be fine).

2) Pecan pie is my favorite holiday dish. I use the recipe right on the Karo light corn syrup bottle, and my dysfunctional family insists that I provide this for Thanksgiving and Christmas each year. I always use pecan halves, not pieces, and take the time to make them into a decorative pattern. I cheat and buy the pie crust, though. Betty Crocker, I'm not.
    You just won my heart.... Pecan pie is my most favorite dessert in the whole Universe. If you ever want to add an interesting twist to that pecan pie, try this: Before you dump all the other ingredients in the pie shell, put in a layer of chocolate chips on the bottom of it.

........ Ogden Nash

Yay for something other than sex!!!! I love sex just as much as the next person but I'm also happy to talk about something other than penis and pussy!

About me

1. My favorite foods are weird...Olives, broccoli, and any flavor of doritoes

2. I keep a running list of commonly mispronounced words in Indiana, I don't know why...It fascinates me. Examples----toilet=torlet, wash=warsh, interesting=inneresting, ignorant=ignert

3. I miss my grandpa every day of my life. He was my best friend and he's only been gone about a year and a half. I hope the ache gets better soon.

Now, if I could be one animal....I know it's not an animal but can I be a butterfly? So beautiful and free. I think it's amazing how they glide through the air....not to mention the metamorphasis.
    Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all. Emily Dickinson

lol ok

1) there is much that I could change...but don't....I fail to see any reason for change that is not needed or warranted....hence I still love the same type of clothes I did as a teenager....jeans boots and shirts

2) I hate saying good bye....its like its a ending, a finale...and I believe that a journey never ends and some day paths can cross again...so its not goodbye... but may your journey cross many paths and bring many smiles.....

3) there is no greater impact that I can make on anything, than my toes against a brick....cos by god it brings tears to my eyes faster than any emotion I have ever felt....
    The only thing more painful than a broken heart, is catching yourself in your zip and having very cold hands

Quote Originally Posted by still_shy View Post
    Now, if I could be one animal....I know it's not an animal but can I be a butterfly? So beautiful and free. I think it's amazing how they glide through the air....not to mention the metamorphasis.
    Butterflies are indeed animals (they certainly aren't plants), so they are fair game!

BUT, the game was not to choose what animal you would *like* to be! (If that had been the case, I'd have chosen either a cat or a dolphin.) The game was to tell us, if you had been created as an animal, what animal *would* it have been?

Shy, *are* you beautiful and free? If so, you might have been a butterfly. But otherwise, look at what you are, and tell us what you would have been.

Seems like we're coming due for a new topic soon...keep your eyes peeled!

After rethinking my answer I decided I am indeed like a butterfly. I'm unique, lovely to look at , and free as can be. I think the butterfly is a very good way to describe myself, as I started my life over at 25 and am now free of the chains that bound me for the first 25 years of my life. The metamorphasis (sp) and the freedom that embody the butterfly also define me.
    Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all. Emily Dickinson

Hmm.... Three things:

1)I'm a writer, I've even had a short story published (albeit in a rather small print-run anthology). I count the moment when I learnt that it would be published as one of the best times in my life.

2) Even though I hate censorship, it really does fascinate me and I love to research this issue and I could probably talk at length about film censorship in the UK and comparing film censorship policies of different countries.

3) Although I often describe myself as agnostic, I like to believe in reincarnation and a few other spiritual concepts.

As for the animal question.... That's a tricky one. I'd probably say a chameleon because I seem to change (in terms of interests, views etc...) so much from day to day and year to year, also I often try to "blend in" but also have my own distinct appearence and identity. Also, I think chameleons are pretty cool (although I wouldn't want to have a pet chameleon).

Just noticed the music question; I'm currently listening to a live version of "One Hundred Years" by The Cure
    Last edited by izzfan; Sep 29, 2009 at 3:30 PM.
    "World out of balance
    World without end
    We are not afraid
    Let the night come..."

-Poppy Z. Brite

I probably would have been created as a JackAss.

........ Ogden Nash

Three non sexual things about myself...

1) I love true crime shows AND books. CSI isn't true crime, but I like it.

2) My brothers and I used to have a tradition of seeing "popcorn movies" the first weekend out then going for ice cream or Denny's. My oldest brother moved about 3 years ago, so we missed out on Batman Begins, 300, and The Dark Knight. That made me kinda sad.

3) Sephora is slowly becoming my favorite store. I didn't think I'd love makeup so much.

*Taylor*
    You can't change the way I am. . .are you strong enough to be my man?
    --Sheryl Crow

Protect your unicorn!!

Pssst! There's naked men ------------->Here!

آزادی راست کاملاموجودات ذی شعوراست

Thank you. . .

Question Re: A Hormone-free Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AdamKadmon43 View Post
    I probably would have been created as a JackAss.
    Adam, it says interesting things about you that you would think this.

Ok, everyone, time for a new exercise!

What is the best vacation you ever took?

For me, it was absolutely the trip Kel and I took to Scotland two years ago. For 11 days we bicycled around the Speyside area (between Inverness and Dufftown, and down Loch Ness and back), visited a few whisky distilleries (Kel and I are both Scotch fans), and stayed in B&Bs. We also rented a car one day and drove out to the Isle of Skye. Scotland is such a beautiful country, and the people there are wonderful! We can't wait to go back, and would love to live there for a time.

For me, lets see...

1. I am very Intutive, and have used it in many ways..

2. I've worked to try to make the World a better place..

3. I can grow just about anything

I like this thread!
    Let's see if we can get it up and going again!

Three things about me that do not relate to sex:
    #1. Hubby and I have met (in person) two members from this site who have previously posted on this thread!
    #2. Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars makes me want to break out into dance anytime, anyplace!
    #3. I'm currently battling breast cancer.
    Last edited by by~his~side; Feb 4, 2018 at 8:45 PM.

[QUOTE=brutal_priestess;141714]Because I'm a total bitch and kinda sick of noticing that a majority of these threads are about sex, I'd like to create this thread to talk about anything but sex. I mean, if it comes up no big deal but honestly, I tend to feel a bit left out considering I like to keep my private life private, especially on forums that don't have a members-only section.

Then why the hell are you on a site like this!?

Interesting timing, you bringing up this thread just as I returned!

Ok, so I did a bad job taking this over after Tess left. I’m willing to try again, now that we seem to be down to what, a dozen members? Do we have a dozen? Half a dozen?

Next question:

Describe your most awkward (non-sexual) moment.

For me it would have to be that time in Beirut, getting out of the clown car with 16 other people, and a woman’s cell phone dropped into my purse...and then started ringing with a rather unique ringtone that she immediately recognized, and she accused me of trying to steal her phone. Loudly. In Lebanese.

Quote Originally Posted by by~his~side View Post
    I like this thread!
    Let's see if we can get it up and going again!

Three things about me that do not relate to sex:
    #1. Hubby and I have met (in person) two members from this site who have previously posted on this thread!
    #2. Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars makes me want to break out into dance anytime, anyplace!
    #3. I'm currently battling breast cancer.

Interesting timing?
    I thought I was resurrecting a thread that already had a topic.
    (List three things unrelated to sex that nobody knows about you.)
    I apologize.
    Go ahead...pick a new topic. It's what Tess would have wanted.

Dee

PS- welcome back

Wow---kinda cool that this page was resurrected---I miss so many of those who once posted here---so many good people who once came here but no more. Glad to see a few of those old names back on!!!