Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A Hormone-free Thread

Because I'm a total bitch and kinda sick of noticing that a majority of these threads are about sex, I'd like to create this thread to talk about anything but sex. I mean, if it comes up no big deal but honestly, I tend to feel a bit left out considering I like to keep my private life private, especially on forums that don't have a members-only section.

Anyway, so let's start simply: Why don't you tell the nice readers three things (non-sexual, for those of you who aren't very good at reading) about yourself? I'll start.

1) I love crazy knee socks.
    2) I used to be Goth, now I'm just kinda Goth. I guess. Well, I wear too much eyeliner and dark clothing....
    3) My favourite band is and probably always will be The Cure.

Re: A Hormone-free Thread

Okay, three things:

1. I enjoy complicated mystery novels.
    2. I use to drink wine, but developed a tolerance for it, so now I drink whiskey.
    3. I was born and raised in Florida and never lived anywhere else.

There you go.

1. I still watch Power Rangers, the original.
    2. I absolutely LOVE the band Queen. RIP Freddy!
    3. If I were a man, I would be gay.
    oh and 1 more:
    4. I was born and raised a West Virginia girl.

1) I cannot snap my fingers to save my life. People have tried teaching me, many times. My fingers slide off my thumb like mush regardless of how I try. This occasionally leads to a bit of social awkwardness when you're expected to snap 'em. I have actually mimed snapping my fingers while clacking my tongue for the sound before.

2) I have a deep love of anything and anybody who goes against norms, outside the box, especially in relation to gender and sexuality. Sometimes I even consider myself an "advanced queer" simply because of my interest in the queerness that goes beyond the HRC platform- give me pomosexuals, people who identify as dykes and fags and then fuck each other, butch transgirls who strap it on and femme fairy transguys, bio kings and queens, nudists, kinksters, poly folk, sex workers . . . people who challenge and stretch my understandings of identity politics and what it means to be queer.

3) I was a hardcore Ayn Rand-obsessed Objectivist in high school and a little bit of college. I read everything she wrote, fiction and non-fiction both, and was pretty dang serious about it (I think I still have a profile on an Objectivist dating website, actually, now that I think about it). Time and learning a little bit more and maybe even losing some of that teenage idealism has softened me quite a bit, and now, like for many, I imagine, it's trickled off into a softer, kinder, and more practical brand of Libertarianism.

(I hope #2 doesn't fall into "sex" . . . I didn't mean for it to. Aack!).

Ok, I am happy to chime in and see where this thread can lead.

Three things that come to mind....

1) Scuba diving
    2) Creative writing
    3) Humor - so I hope the occasional sexual double-entendre is considered an exception in your mind

by the way.... isn't Florida too hot to be in all those dark clothes?
    Last edited by catraveller; Sep 21, 2009 at 8:21 PM. Reason: grammatical error correction

Three non-sexual things:

1. I love old film noir thrillers.
    2. I like to be rather youthfull and trendy.
    3. I was born and raised in Oslo, Norway, where I still live.

1- I can pick almost anything up with my toes if my foot is bare. Even a roll of quarters. (Not my fault is you pictured a part of the male anatomy in your mind.....this was not intended to be sexual at all)

2-I won money on a major New York radio station (95.5..wplj) because I was the 95th caller and knew the theme song they were playing was from the 70's show THE COURTSHIP OF EDDIE'S FATHER. I won more money when I knew the name of the kid that played Eddie. His name was Brandon Crews.

3-I think this is my favorite thread of all time! Ibrutal_priestess for thinking of it.

Quote Originally Posted by by~his~side View Post
    1- I can pick almost anything up with my toes if my foot is bare. Even a roll of quarters. (Not my fault is you pictured a part of the male anatomy in your mind.....this was not intended to be sexual at all)
    by~his~side I can go one better. I can pick up a quarter, penny, etc.flat off the floor barefooted. And with socks on I can still pick up a good bit of stuff.

1. I am a motorcyclist with over 1 million miles of riding behind me.

2. I have loved aviation since my dad took me flying when I was 6 (I still remember that flight)

3. I love to go to historic places.

Nice change of pace.....

1. I have a phenomenal sense of direction. People call me from all over if they are lost and I manage to get them to their destination. (oddity I know).

2. I am a cook but never make the same thing twice as I never follow a recipe.

3. I love being six feet tall.

Belle

For all you *nice* readers out there (if you're not nice, please skip reading the following items):

(1) Fall is my absolute favorite season! I prefer clouds, rain, and cool temperatures to clear skies, strong sun, and heat.
    (2) My partner and I celebrate the change of seasons by brewing mead. We've brewed many different kinds, including apple, peach, berry, and ginger.
    (3) Following a trip to Scotland, where Kel and I bicycled from distillery to distillery, we both became raving Scotch fanatics. *cough* ...but lovely, sweet, low-key ones.

Ok, you not-nice readers can read the rest of this.

I'm also wondering whether the Priestess intends this thread to be 100% hormone-free, or just free of synthetic hormones. I also hope that in addition to being hormone-free, we can keep this thread free-range.

*awaits the next exercise in this thread with baited breath and fingertips*
    I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)

Three things:

1) I hide my insecuritiies by being a joker.

2) I love being "in love"

3) I am constantly amazed at how little I actually "know" as I get older.

p.s. i could list 1,ooo more and still not have scratched the surface, good thread.

1. At 69, I am having the time of my life! I have a bi GF, who I should have had when I was a young man. I've never felt so loved, or as well understood, as I do, presntly.

2, I often misread others and reveal too much information, or that which is far beyond boundaries of aceptability. I feel, that since they brought the subject up, they want to research all facets of the subject. I feel that no subject is taboo for honest and open discussion, but I dislike subjects brought up to antagonize, irritate, or embarrass others.

3. I love all things mechanical, animals, and people who are genuinely intelligent, loving and caring. I do not like free-loaders and human parasites who expect a free ride, nor those who fail to take responsibility for their own actions.

1.) I have a huge gap between my big toe and toe #2. I have many people convinced I was born with 12 toes and had two surgically removed. I can easily lob golf balls at you with this gap.

2.) I have more passions than I can entertain, from cooking, fishing, writing, drawing...list goes on.

3.) I work with my parents and brother and feel it will be the death of what little sanity I have left.

Quote Originally Posted by _Joe_ View Post

3.) I work with my parents and brother and feel it will be the death of what little sanity I have left.
    Oh Joe, I can commisserate with you whole heartedly! I have worked here since 1982......what SANITY?

Belle

Quote Originally Posted by Annika L View Post
    Ok, you not-nice readers can read the rest of this.

I'm also wondering whether the Priestess intends this thread to be 100% hormone-free, or just free of synthetic hormones. I also hope that in addition to being hormone-free, we can keep this thread free-range.

*awaits the next exercise in this thread with baited breath and fingertips*
    *chuckles* I guess I'm just a reactionary poster. I was getting a bit sick of seeing threads about cum, anal sex, cocks, etc ad naseum on the first two pages. Yeah, I could speak of such things, but I don't wanna, so I figured maybe I'd make a thread where others could do the same. A lot of folks have made it a big fucking deal about these forums being a safe place for self expression, and I really refuse to believe that bisexuals are surely shaped by the things they do in bed. That's exactly why so many folks give us crap.

Anyway, new exercise: What are you listening to right now? Music-wise preferably (I'm a total music junkie. I listen to a bit of nearly everything except for country and rap), but if you're not listening to any music feel free to get creative.

Right, almost forgot. I'm currently listening to Doomed to Walk the Earth as Slaves to the Living Dead by Carpathian Forest.
    Last edited by brutal_priestess; Sep 22, 2009 at 3:52 PM.

Cool Re: A Hormone-free Thread

'Take A Hint' by JR Ewing from Maelstrom, a recent (now defunct) hardcore punk band from Norway; I'm sure you know it Priestess...

3 things about me:

1.) There are very few people who know the "real" me...and not the "me" that is portrayed to the world.

2.) I cannot wear tennis shoes unless they're Nike Shox. I'll be quite upset if they ever quit making them.

3.) I have a very good sense of style. I have a giant closet full of clothes and adorably sexy shoes. Yet, everyday I leave my house in jeans, a t-shirt of some sort, my hair in a pony tail and no make up.

I am currently listening to my child fighting sleep and NCIS on TV. lol.

3 things about me

1. Feel I never lived up to potenal in live and in sports. I left to much on the table and never trying enough.

2. Everyday my son is the reason I get up out of bed and do things in the world. A few times the pain has almost been to great, but the thought I my son and wife without me is to sad to go through with anything. Some day are so bad I wish i was killed in the accident. Now i keep going just to piss off the bitch who caused the accident.

3. I loved to spend money on stuff.
    If you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with.

Loving this thread!

3 things about me:

1. Gorillas are my favorite animal. Beautiful and strong.

2. I've never met a craft I didn't like, except scrapbooking which I just cannot wrap my mind around!

3. LOTRO is my favorite game, right now. It used to be Horizons and then Anarchy...so, subject to change at any time!

Currently listening to: Audio book: Reaper Man by Terry Pratchett

1) Love music of all kinds with indie and anything 80s being my current favorites.

2) I'm currently working on 3 different comic books and 2 additional strips and hopes to one day finish one and maybe even get it published.

3) I love to learn.
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by brutal_priestess View Post
    *chuckles* I guess I'm just a reactionary poster. I was getting a bit sick of seeing threads about cum, anal sex, cocks, etc ad naseum on the first two pages. Yeah, I could speak of such things, but I don't wanna, so I figured maybe I'd make a thread where others could do the same. A lot of folks have made it a big fucking deal about these forums being a safe place for self expression, and I really refuse to believe that bisexuals are surely shaped by the things they do in bed. That's exactly why so many folks give us crap.

Anyway, new exercise: What are you listening to right now? Music-wise preferably (I'm a total music junkie. I listen to a bit of nearly everything except for country and rap), but if you're not listening to any music feel free to get creative.
    Oh, I'm completely with you on the wearisomeness of threads about cum, etc. I mean, sheesh, when 5 separate threads *since 2009 started* ask whether men or women give better head...well for one thing, one begins to wonder whether the issue has more magnitude and importance than one had originally thought. Or maybe it was just one thread after all, and I've just been suffering a lot of deja vu.

So yes...our new task! I happened to be listening to "Tell Me About the Forest" by Dead Can Dance...not their best song ever, but a very cool group with some excellent music that I imagine most metalheads would *hate*. I can't speak to how a Cure fanatic would find them...I rather like the Cure, myself, so they can't be mutually exclusive.
    I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)

1) I have my name on one US Patent and am working on a second one now.
    2) For work, (most of the time) I get to do what is of interest to me and can work at home whenever I want to.
    3) Best of all, I love to ride my bike.
    JEM

Quote Originally Posted by Annika L View Post
    So yes...our new task! I happened to be listening to "Tell Me About the Forest" by Dead Can Dance...not their best song ever, but a very cool group with some excellent music that I imagine most metalheads would *hate*. I can't speak to how a Cure fanatic would find them...I rather like the Cure, myself, so they can't be mutually exclusive.
    Oh I like some Dead Can Dance actually. I've really only started getting into metal over the past year. It's just that I've had a very good teacher and bypassed all the crap.

Quote Originally Posted by mrplayfuluk View Post
    'Take A Hint' by JR Ewing from Maelstrom, a recent (now defunct) hardcore punk band from Norway; I'm sure you know it Priestess...
    It sounds familar but I just happen to listen to a few Norwegian bands mostly cos a lot of good black metal bands have come outta Norway. Eheh.

Right, so I'll think of a new theme later. For now I'm listening to Cosmic Keys to My Creations and Times by Emperor. Honestly, I don't have much metal on my ipod, currently and yet it so frequently shuffles it up....

Gonna talk music here----I do listen to a form of "Country music" ---a form more real and still close to the historical roots and traditions of "country music" than is the (mostly as far as I am concerned) CRAP that is passed off as being "country music" by the bright lights who run Music Row down in Nashville!!!

My current favorite genre of music is called "Americana"

This is a group I have come to know in the past few years, Chatham County Line from Carrsboro, North Carolina, doing a really great song they wrote called "Birmingham Jail" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEqj0lsCo8A Sorry the sound and video quality is not the best--the vid was shot by a fan of the group at a show.

If you have MySpace--you can go to their site where they have "Birmingham Jail" posted on their musical selections.
    "Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere..." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Nice change, I must admit ;-)

Well, here it goes:

1. I absolutely love languages, esp. English. And I am damn good at imitating sounds from other languages. That's why I became a translator and an English teacher, I guess. (I'm Italian mothertongue)

2. I'm interested in anything related to Witchcraft. Now, I don't mean the "bad" ones (Satanism's just not for me) or the fake-hip-Buffy style Wiccans. What I do like is the special way witches used to relate to nature and its rhythms and energies. I often call myself a solitary modern witch, as I follow no tradition or specific path, just my instinct.

3. Almost every time I walk on the street or travel with public transportation, people ask me for directions. Seriously. If someone needs directions, be sure they will choose me. I have no idea why... And the same happens to my partner (even worse when we're together!). Funny thing is, it also happens when we're not in our country! Maybe it's because we both have that "good girl" appearance which makes us look harmless. If only they knew... (evil laugh in the background). Just kidding, of course. We are good girls indeed.

Indaco,

You hit on a point that I recently over-heard............the person was saying that people, who have "deviate" sexual needs, are EVIL people! That's not the first time I've heard that theory.

I never could understand why some folks equate sexual diversity with being a bad person.

Personally, I feel that I am as good-hearted and considerate of others, as anyone I know. I pay my bills and obey laws. (well, maybe I do speed a little too much) I am respectful, open doors for ladies and am polite in public.

My GF, who is also bisexual, is one of the most decent, considerate and loving people I know...how could she be considered evil?

No, it's those who see evil where there is none....that's the evil!

Sorry, got off thread, there!

Oh wow, BP.. youknow ho wlongits beensince ive bothered with the Threads?? ThankYou!

1. I enjoy reading with a passion. Especially Sci-fi, historic non/fiction and Fantasy. My Fave writers are Mercedes Lackey, David Weber and JOhn Ringo.I cant stand mysteries or romance novels.

2. Ive startes wearing make up now an then. Ive bene tryingto "girlie up" soem in teh last 3 years. Ive even bouhta few linen skirts! I guess its an effort to balance teh masculine parts of me that atre running rampant with my martial arts love.

3. Im working hard to do soemthing about my self esteem. Its just such a project, that I usually give up. I truly appreciate when someoen says soemthing sweet about me to me .. but I cant honestly see any of it.

Ok, am I gunna be teh Only nerd who is gunna admit to listeningto Clark Howard, consumer advisor genius???

Nin

Quote Originally Posted by brutal_priestess View Post

I am sure with you on this one.

It never ceases to amaze me that so many people are so willing to volunteer so much about the intimate details of their personal sex life to the whole world.

However, I won't list anything else about myself because I can not think of three things about me that would be very interesting to anyone else.
    http://adamkadmon43.com

Wind is caused by the trees waving their branches.
    ........ Ogden Nash

Oh no! People on a sexuality based site talking mostly about sex.