Register

View Poll Results: Do you prefer men or women?

Voters
908. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer men.

327 36.01%
  • I prefer women.

581 63.99%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Are you more into men or women?

Generally more men then women. This is a tough question for me because I have only physically been with one woman. I am extremely attracted to woman, and if I haven't had that fantasy or role-playing side of me satisfied in the bedroom (car, kitchen floor, picket-fence..whatever) then I tend to long more and seem to want more women. I guess it will depend on if I ever get close enough to another woman to be able to answer that question honestly.

On a whole I prefer women. Women are far more beautifull than men and I feel an emotional and romantic connection to women that I do not feel and could never feel with a man.

Having said that nothing turns me on more than the sight of a hard cock and all my sexual fantasies are currently about men. This is where I get confused

berryhard

not a easy poll to work with. there should be a third choise of something like "both". I am mostly hetro and love women but also love sucking cock when i can.

It's always been about the depth of a relationship for me. Always been in LTRs with women my whole life with a few wives mixed in. Sex always follwed rather than led. Never had a one night stand with a woman. The intensity led to sex. That said, I've also had a few intense deep friendships with men that never turned sexual. I think if one of them initiated, I'd have been onboard. Too chicken myself at the time. In short if there's a connection, that deep, taking the sexual plunge is always an option. My only one night stand was with a man, which opened up my eyes big time. Combine that with a real connection, and me thinks it could be mind blowing. We'll see I suppose.

I answered women but it's a difficult question to ask. With the girls my attraction and feelings can be instant and undeniable so I can find it pretty easy to like-like a girl. With a guy those feelings will develop in time not merely as a physiological reflex either. On several very memorable moments when that guy and I were chilling, thinking over our friendship, in the ease of the moment I nearly - without thinking - nearly let the words "I do love you." fall out of my mouth. "I--" stopped myself there.

So clearly I can love either just as much but with girls it comes naturally easier. I also suspect this may be typical this kind of "in between" male bisexuality and also makes my M/M dynamic fundamentally different to a proper gay guys dynamic. I feel that my brain is a straight brain modified to also respond to 'some' guy and as such is naturally better at falling for girls than falling for guys.
    Last edited by M. Wolfe; Aug 13, 2009 at 4:58 PM.
    "Homo sapiens, the first truly free species, is about to decommission natural selection, the force that made us.... Soon we must look deep within ourselves and decide what we wish to become."

- Edward O. Wilson

Question Re: Are you more into men or women?

Meaning no offense to the maker, but speaking personally (& not for the New York Area Bisexual Network) what a limited poll to have on a bi/fluid/pan site like this one. Since it doesn't have a few more options that usually go with our community, like maybe a "I'm kinda 50/50" option, a "I dont really notice gender more go for the person" and maybe a "hooray for Transgender/Genderqueer people" one too.

There was literally no choice for me to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by coyotedude View Post
    Currently I am in a long-term committed relationship with a wonderful woman whom I adore.

But I appear to be one of those few bi guys who could have a romantic relationship with a man. Not just sex, but flowers and hand-holding and walks on the beach and gentle kisses and staring into a male partner's eyes as we tell each other "I love you."

I suppose that's why I keep thinking that bisexuality is so much more than sex.

Peace
    I'm one of those few bi guys too. While married to a wonderful woman, I have been in a very emotional long term relationship with a male lover. It was actually quite difficult for both of us cause emotions ran too deep, and we had to call it off. I still hurt. BUt I couldn't let it progress any deeper, so we had to call it off..

I prefer women but do really apreciate the pleasures of a good hard cock to play with and suck occasionaly.

Lightbulb Re: Are you more into men or women?

Quote Originally Posted by coyotedude View Post
    But I appear to be one of those few bi guys who could have a romantic relationship with a man.
    and

Quote Originally Posted by mikey3000 View Post
    I'm one of those few bi guys too.
    When people keep popping up saying "I'm one of those few", after a while it seems to me it's not actually as "few" as perhaps the media et. al. would like to lead us all to believe . . . hmm???

Prefer women over men, but like to suck dick couple times a month.

I love having sex with men, but it is only sex for me; there is no emotional connection. I have an emotional connection to women and I do like having sex with women. I also find that I form an emotional connection to transgenders and do love to have sex with a transgender woman (that is male to female).

equally into both but men suck cock better

I prefer women overall and am not sure I could have the same type of relationship with a man that I do with a woman in terms of emotional bonding and such.

I do however enjoy giving and receiving oral with a guy... and I love watching a man orgasm as much as I do a woman. (Especially if i am the one that made them orgasm! )

As for penetration... so far I have only had one experience with M/M anal and that was as a Top. I liked it and want to do it some more but one time makes it hard to choose a "preference" in that aspect.

I am a bi man who prefers women to men 60/40

Quote Originally Posted by GayAZN View Post
    Men. I have never been attracted to women at all.
    That's very interesting. I wonder how you came to see and self-identify as being in the bisexual/fluid/pansexual part of the LGBT spectrum then.

Quote Originally Posted by nyabn_webmaster View Post
    That's very interesting. I wonder how you came to see and self-identify as being in the bisexual/fluid/pansexual part of the LGBT spectrum then.
    He doesn't. We have a few gay men here. Which is perfectly fine. The problem is that some of them make comments that veer dangerously close to misogyny -- or at least a hatred of all women who aren't lesbians.

Right now I'm more into men than women...but most importantly I'm very happy being Bi-sexual

Quote Originally Posted by Bi-Zarro View Post
    He doesn't. We have a few gay men here. Which is perfectly fine.
    LOL Oh our bad, didn't think of that at all.

i'm engaged and really love women 100% of the time, but 5% of the time i just really want a big c**k as well LOL. i couldnt ever see myself having a romantic relationship with a guy.
    Last edited by poserpo; Aug 27, 2009 at 5:23 PM.

Generally I prefer women, but if I wasn't already married to one, I wouldn't be opposed to a relationship with a man either. As in all things, the chemistry would have to click.

However, it's the female form that generally catches my eye.
    "The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion." -
    Arthur C. Clarke

Thumbs up Re: Are you more into men or women?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_C View Post
    As in all things, the chemistry would have to click.
    Yeah, that's the ticket, you've said it all right there.

Quote Originally Posted by nyabn_webmaster View Post
    Yeah, that's the ticket, you've said it all right there.
    And it only took me 30 odd years to figure out.
    "The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion." -
    Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mobydick187 View Post
    Women are for marraige and men are fun, I tend to keep it at that. Men and women have two different benefits and qualities that complement one another. Sort of like ying and yang so it doesn't make sense for two men to marry as they wouldn't complement each other as well as a male female partnership. However sex is sex and is ruled by impulses and desire so if I bang a few men on the side of my marriage no harm done.
    Ahhhhh... What?

Women are awesome and just as much fun as men (in my opinion they are more fun but that because I lean towards women romantically and sexually)

No need to knock on women or make them sound like they are only good for marriage (which reads: they are good for supporting me and washing the dishes). Ladies are awesome and all kinds of fun.

Depends on the day I'm having, really. Blah when I'm feeling less braindead I'll come back to this post and write something more substantial.
    "With enough courage you can do without a reputation."

Rhett Butler, Gone with the Wind

I agree with you. Prefer women, but enjoy being with men.

If the question is about sexually: prefer men.
    If the question is about all else: prefer women.

The only guy other than Brad Pitt, that really turns me on, I married. As for the womyn, it is different I like to play lots, with the womyn I am with. I guess it is like a guy going from a womyn to another but I form relationships. The young lady I am with as you all know is quite younger than myself but I have met a very interesting womyn my age and there goes the feelings. I am into one man but I love to play with womyn.

Sexually I'm an either/or guy. Either I want sex with men (like now) or I want sex with women. It's never and. Romantically, it's all women.
    g

I am a married man, attracted to both sexes, but only in love with a woman. I couldn't see myself loving a man in that way, but sexually I am attracted to both.

this point of contention comes up more often than not here; but it is also a frequent stumbling block in any discussion regarding sexual orientation. it is if bisexuality is some sort of foyer, or waiting room, before going on into the next room. for me, that is nothing but a los!

to date i have had a relationship with 5 men and 4 women, in most cases overlapping one another. i am bisexual, now and always; i have offered on several occasions on what a day is llike for me as far as being out and about amongst other people; i scope out what appeals to me, with no emphasis on any one sex. i'm far more likley to be attracted to any combination of sexes at any given moment.

for me however, the depth and breadth of the relationship is of far more importance; i dont have sex with anyone that doesnt matter to me! in my last two realtionships, with a man and with a woman, the ltr's overlapped like most as i have previously indicated. i was with the woman for just under 20 years, and with the man, just over 14 years; my relationship with either was just as strong as any way you wish to consider. i was with both 'unto death do you part', and for me that is what ended both; a day does not go by that i give each of them more than just a passing thought.

i am what society calls a serial monogomist; what i get from a man or a woman is as different as day and night, and one does not over power the other.

so be the prevelant belief or whatever the latest study shows, contrary to my above commitment, for me it only proves that you have to be very careful when broad statements are held as truths for the specific participants under consideration!
    Last edited by citystyleguy; Jan 4, 2010 at 11:36 PM. Reason: spelling
    get in! sit down! hold on! and shut up!