Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Bisexual.com's Interview with Angie Bowie

Quote Originally Posted by blackout View Post
    No, I do not want to be on Kate's good side, i just have a problem with assholes like you.

Is that right? How so? Please elaborate, instead of quoting a ton of text and not replying to it.
    Blackout people say they support you and they do not like that you got banned but they have no balls and saying what they think and if some one does not like it to bad.
    You where standing up for a freind and the person should be a man and wait tell the person they are mad at is in the room and go into prvt and talk to them.
    Not tell every one in the room how they feel about the person.
    There is also guys who say which rooms you can and can not go into but they are morons and they need to get a life.
    blackout hope to see you back soon and to all the ones who try to tell people where and when they go to leave them alone and just talk to the freinds you have and who cares what they do or say here.

How many guys have crshes on Margaret Cho?

The poll is open.I think Margaret is hotter than a blast furnace!
    =-Roger

"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
    No matter what an activist tells you, no matter what a pastor or article says, this whole biphobia thing is only about one thing: JEALOUSY!

Unofficial Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Huey_durden View Post
    "Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
    LMFAO! Nice one! Although I'm not quite sure whether the "retards" would see the humor in it...
    "I used to be influenced by peer pressure, but my friends talked me out of it."

The interview is fine, but please, please get rid of that nasty picture
    shiveringman

Quote Originally Posted by shiver View Post
    uh-oh, you've don it now, the site nazis will be after you....lol

Sigh, are we back to this again?
    Can you please review this thread and others about RESPECT. I don't care if you don't find the authors in the photos attractive, but I will not sit and have you insult them. Particularly in this case because the author happens to be me!
    Why do you think it is acceptable to do this sort of thing? Would you think it acceptable if someone came into your workplace and said "ah, all these people are good workers, but that one there is nasty looking."
    There is such a general lack of respect around here and in the bisexual community. People don't treat each other as people.
    And if you're so bloody bold as to call someone "nasty" then at least have the balls to put a face shot in your profile.
    One more disrespectful comment like this and you'll be banned.

Respectfully yours,

Jon Pressick
    Feature Articles Editor

Quote Originally Posted by tradeqt View Post
    Sigh, are we back to this again?
    Can you please review this thread and others about RESPECT. I don't care if you don't find the authors in the photos attractive, but I will not sit and have you insult them. Particularly in this case because the author happens to be me!
    Why do you think it is acceptable to do this sort of thing? Would you think it acceptable if someone came into your workplace and said "ah, all these people are good workers, but that one there is nasty looking."
    There is such a general lack of respect around here and in the bisexual community. People don't treat each other as people.
    And if you're so bloody bold as to call someone "nasty" then at least have the balls to put a face shot in your profile.
    One more disrespectful comment like this and you'll be banned.

Respectfully yours,

Jon Pressick
    Feature Articles Editor
    You're too tolerant and patient, amigo... Were I in your shoes, I would have banned him already. If not for the insult, then at least for not bothering to read the rest of the thread before throwing in his cent.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    You're too tolerant and patient, amigo... Were I in your shoes, I would have banned him already. If not for the insult, then at least for not bothering to read the rest of the thread before throwing in his cent.
    You might not think so if you'd heard how much I was cursing when I wrote that!

I don't think they are saying the person is nasty looking just the the act in the picture is nasty. I think the guy is attractive in the picture but I did feel thrown off by the picture in the story. It took me awhile to realize that it was a picture of the author. In fact I didn't know it was a picture of the author until today.
    I thought is was a picture illustrating what happened at a party.

Is that what you were going for Shiver?

Oh and be specific with your questions and statements people. Because as we can see there can be more than one answer to the same query.
    Just sayin is all...
    No matter what an activist tells you, no matter what a pastor or article says, this whole biphobia thing is only about one thing: JEALOUSY!

Your piece on Angie was quite good, but she is impossible to capture in one interview.
    Angie is one of the most clever, sharp-witted, and unbelievably adaptable people I have ever met and had a great time when she came to California getting her settled before David started his gig at the Universal Ampitheatre and she began working on her own career with voice and acting and stayed on for a some time while he finished his American tour.
    Mostly I helped her through a mutual friend/writer in NY who asked if I would show her the ropes around Hollywood during those times which was a lot of
    glam rock and of course David was king and Angie was the unmentioned queen who demurely put herself in the background, because once she opened her eloquent mouth, she tended to dominate the scene with her well spoken and girls school educational b.g. but with a psychedelic omelet of goodies which would pour from her mouth via that incredible creative mind of hers.
    Few people realize that most of Bowie's transitions can be directly attributed to her mind and her avant garde processing way before computers. She is one of the truly genuine artistes I knew from that period including Jim Morrison who I turned onto acid (what a monster he was on that first trip) and freckled and fat cheeked while at UCLA, and in those LA days, hanging at the Whiskey and On the Rox, everyone knew everyone. Angie came in like a breath of country air and one of the first things she did was get a platinum blonde hairstyling of a 50's Kim Novak and looked knockout. If you would forward this to her, just tell her that Freddie W. friend of Cliff J. would love to hear from her. Years ago, we tried to connect and lost one another. There are no people today who come near her thinking except perhaps early Madonna.

can u PLEASE change the subject before next Thanksgiving

Depends, will you learn manners by then?

Quote Originally Posted by getsum83 View Post
    can u PLEASE change the subject before next Thanksgiving

Quote Originally Posted by tradeqt View Post
    My guess is she's talking about cheating, but then again, I'm not sure. She might be talking about poly. From what I've read about her relationship with David, which I specifically did not ask much about, as you can read about that anywhere, I think there was a lot of cheating, and she must have been hurt by that.

I think that with the type of personality of person who becomes a rock star or any other similar type person---when you think about it--that while they may seem to be supremely self-confident---such people are actually quite in need of constant reassurance that they are "special" and the like.

Throw in that someone like David Bowie makes more money than any human being should ever have access to--and that people---traditionally females--but probalbly also males as well---make themselves readily available to a rock or other star for sex or whatever else---that is just too hard of a temptation for most people to not take advantage of. And it seems, going back to the pesonality type of the person who performs----he or she craves that attention----someone new, hot and sexy comes around saying how much they love you and all---you are not going to pass that up!!!

It always gets me in the biopic films that the spouses of such people get all bent out of shape when their star husband/wife "steps out" on them time and time again---in many of these cases--how did the non-star part of the couple meet the big star?? They were most likely either a groupie type of person or they did meet them at a backstage party and were of course swept off their feet by the star's celebrity and most likely his or her seemingly strong personality.

I think that if you were ever to get involved with anyone like a David Bowie or Mick Jagger or any other celebrity type---you can pretty well figure--they are gonn cheat on ya!!!

It's one of those big DDDDDDDUUHHHH things, ya know???
    "Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere..." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

You bring up some interesting points, volt.

Do you excuse, or justify dishonesty with celebrity, then?

Yes, I understand you're saying that it ought to be obvious the celebrity will cheat and if there's a s/o involved they ought to know the obvious and either accept it or not.

What I'm asking is, do you and perhaps others think status excuses honesty, communication and respect? If so, why?

It's one thing to be open and let your s/o know you're 'stepping out' a bit. It's another to not let them know and doing it anyway. Going behind the s/o's back in my humble view is cheating. If there's openness and honesty it's not cheating, so long as both partners agree.

Just curious about this subject and how others see it. Recently someone presented similar questions to me, but they were rather condemning of my replies. No need of that when I didn't judge them for theirs. Oh well, takes all sorts I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by void_dweller View Post
    You bring up some interesting points, volt.

Do you excuse, or justify dishonesty with celebrity, then?

Yes, I understand you're saying that it ought to be obvious the celebrity will cheat and if there's a s/o involved they ought to know the obvious and either accept it or not.

What I'm asking is, do you and perhaps others think status excuses honesty, communication and respect? If so, why?

It's one thing to be open and let your s/o know you're 'stepping out' a bit. It's another to not let them know and doing it anyway. Going behind the s/o's back in my humble view is cheating. If there's openness and honesty it's not cheating, so long as both partners agree.

Just curious about this subject and how others see it. Recently someone presented similar questions to me, but they were rather condemning of my replies. No need of that when I didn't judge them for theirs. Oh well, takes all sorts I guess.
    Cheating is cheating, IMO. Period. Celebrity status doesn't excuse dishonesty. But, that said, it does usually provide plenty of temptation. Or so I've heard.

I was not excusing or explaining away that because someone is a celebrity--they have card blanche to go and cheat--and not to say that all do --but it does seem that if you get involved with such a person---certain things do seem to just naturally go with the territory----and for someone who does get involved with a celeb type who steps out --don't be at all surprised that it happened.

Human nature being human nature----it takes a very strong and exceptional person who does not step out--especially when you throw into an already vioatile mix---mind altering substances like booze and drugs--partying to all hours and tons of great looking bodies offering up wild sex at any moment---how realistic is it that people are not going to cheat????

Got to get real folks-and in terms of the times that David Bowie was doing what he did---it was the time of "do whatever feels good to you!--how dare you hold yourself back with old fashioned notions of things like fidelity!!!"

It was the time of free love, drugs, sex and rock and roll baby!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 12voltman59 View Post
    I think that with the type of personality of person who becomes a rock star or any other similar type person---when you think about it--that while they may seem to be supremely self-confident---such people are actually quite in need of constant reassurance that they are "special" and the like.

Throw in that someone like David Bowie makes more money than any human being should ever have access to--and that people---traditionally females--but probalbly also males as well---make themselves readily available to a rock or other star for sex or whatever else---that is just too hard of a temptation for most people to not take advantage of. And it seems, going back to the pesonality type of the person who performs----he or she craves that attention----someone new, hot and sexy comes around saying how much they love you and all---you are not going to pass that up!!!

It always gets me in the biopic films that the spouses of such people get all bent out of shape when their star husband/wife "steps out" on them time and time again---in many of these cases--how did the non-star part of the couple meet the big star?? They were most likely either a groupie type of person or they did meet them at a backstage party and were of course swept off their feet by the star's celebrity and most likely his or her seemingly strong personality.

I think that if you were ever to get involved with anyone like a David Bowie or Mick Jagger or any other celebrity type---you can pretty well figure--they are gonn cheat on ya!!!

It's one of those big DDDDDDDUUHHHH things, ya know???
    I read about how Angie and David met each other because they were having sex with the same guy at the same time.

The bio info that I read it in leaned heavily that they were having a 3 way (it didn't actually say a 3 way but that's what I picked up from it); but it said they were both having sex with the same guy at the same time.

I also read an article about Angie's marriage to David where it was clear that it was an open marriage/open relationship.

I think in many cases celebrities and certain politicians (like Bill Clinton) have open relationships/open marriages but you just don't hear about it since it's part of their private life.

Here's a link to something else I found about Angie Bowie and bisexuality: http://www.bettyjack.com/angie/lecture.html

please get rid of that horrid picture... I'd rather see a pile of dog feces that that discusting looking person.
    shiveringman

please get rid of that horrid picture... I'd rather see a pile of dog feces that that discusting looking person.
    And I would rather hear from someone who had something to say about the article than from an ill-mannered, repetitive, illiterate like yourself.

For goodness sake, shiver... If you're going to criticize...
    A. use proper grammar.
    Ex. I've seen blind people take better pictures that that picture of your penis on your profile. Focus, man, focus.
    B. use proper spelling.
    How discusting (vice disgusting) are those out of focus penis photos on shiver's profile.
    C. Have the couth never to criticize the individual; and perhaps the wisdom to not just blatantly insult one of the guys who run this site (the guy who actually owns it if I'm not mistaken).
    C. 1. It would be an exception if you were insulting against a particular opinion expressed by him. But, to just insult an image without provocation... Perhaps we need to sit in the corner a while and think about our behavior? Best wishes, and in pace requiescat.

Well put allbi and Blue---

I thought we had stopped this petty kind of snipping---I am sick of this shit on this site---

People---can we please stop the personal attacks???!!!!!

I am both pissed and saddened that this site that was once a great place to be has degenerated to this point.

Stop this shit!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 12voltman59 View Post
    Well put allbi and Blue---

I thought we had stopped this petty kind of snipping---I am sick of this shit on this site---

People---can we please stop the personal attacks???!!!!!

I am both pissed and saddened that this site that was once a great place to be has degenerated to this point.

Stop this shit!!!!
    I have to agree, volty....I am so very saddened that no one seems to consider that their words may be hurtful. Being anonymous and hiding behind a screen name does not give license to feel empowered to make comments that are rude, crude and so very unacceptable.

Please THINK before you hit the enter button...think about how you would feel if someone made similar comments to you!! We may be in cyberspace, but real people and real feelings are attached to these names as well as the pictures and we all need to be respectful of that fact.

Kate

I give up. Further explanation in the forums.

Thumbs down Re: Bisexual.com's Interview with Angie Bowie

I can't believe I'm reading this crap. Why are people complaining about a photo on the journal? I have notice that those who complains either don't have a photo of themselves or has nothing else to show but penis (which is gross by the way).

If you think you can do better than what Jon has, go at it! Stop bitching and start writing.

I rather see a lot of this cry babies go somewhere else than Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I can't believe I'm reading this crap. Why are people complaining about a photo on the journal? ...
    Evidently, Delilah, some folks perhaps can't read and can only look at the pictures; thus criticize the picture because they have not the depth to understand the article to debate/discuss intelligently.
    ...or they could just be an asshole who is so miserable that they actually believe causing harm to others will make the asshole feel better about him/herself.

I would say... they could just be drunk or have used bad judgement... but to come back again and say the same... no... definitely... this is a glacial calving of character.

Neither tradeqt or anyone else is enslaved to contribute to our community. While most of us respect his contribution, and carry that respect to our treatment of tradeqt, some folks truly are the 'lowest common denominator' Hitler wrote of in "Mein Kumpf" and are unable to rise.

Quote Originally Posted by allbimyself View Post
    And I would rather hear from someone who had something to say about the article than from an ill-mannered, repetitive, illiterate like yourself.
    illiterate huh? yes I guess I must be.
    Repetitive? you say repetitive, why do you say repetitive, I am not repetitive, if I was repetitive then I'd be repeating every thing which was repeated by myself who may have already spent time repeating what's been repeated.

ill mannered? well not I am in good health so how could I be ill-mannered..
    gee goly wally.. you are little petty aren't you?
    shiveringman

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebiyou View Post
    Evidently, Delilah, some folks perhaps can't read and can only look at the pictures; thus criticize the picture because they have not the depth to understand the article to debate/discuss intelligently.
    ...or they could just be an asshole who is so miserable that they actually believe causing harm to others will make the asshole feel better about him/herself.

I would say... they could just be drunk or have used bad judgement... but to come back again and say the same... no... definitely... this is a glacial calving of character.

Neither tradeqt or anyone else is enslaved to contribute to our community. While most of us respect his contribution, and carry that respect to our treatment of tradeqt, some folks truly are the 'lowest common denominator' Hitler wrote of in "Mein Kumpf" and are unable to rise.

tsk tsk.. watch the spelling.
    shiveringman

illiterate huh? yes I guess I must be.
    Repetitive? you say repetitive, why do you say repetitive, I am not repetitive, if I was repetitive then I'd be repeating every thing which was repeated by myself who may have already spent time repeating what's been repeated.

ill mannered? well not I am in good health so how could I be ill-mannered..
    gee goly wally.. you are little petty aren't you?
    When you don't offer anything original to the discussion but only repeat what other morons have said you are being repetitive. As far as the definition of ill-mannered, you can pick up a dictionary. Of course, that may be difficult for you as I'm sure you haven't seen a book since you sat on your daddy's knee while he read to you.

It takes a big man like you to criticize someone's picture via the anonymity (there's another big word you can look up in the dictionary) of the internet. Then follow it up by calling someone else petty. You are pathetic.

Talking Re: Bisexual.com's Interview with Angie Bowie

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebiyou View Post
    A. use proper grammar.
    Ex. I've seen blind people take better pictures that that picture of your penis on your profile. Focus, man, focus.
    B. use proper spelling.
    How discusting (vice disgusting) are those out of focus penis photos on shiver's profile.
    C. Have the couth never to criticize the individual; and perhaps the wisdom to not just blatantly insult one of the guys who run this site (the guy who actually owns it if I'm not mistaken).
    C. 1. It would be an exception if you were insulting against a particular opinion expressed by him. But, to just insult an image without provocation... Perhaps we need to sit in the corner a while and think about our behavior? Best wishes, and in pace requiescat.

Oh please allow me to respond. direct to the statements so kindly made about my protest about the picture. Of course if you were able to comprehend the message behing the statement and not get so huffy over a simple opinion, then you may have taken a different approach and understood just how simple my protest is.

A. use proper grammar
    I ain't gonna speaks to well. I ain't got no good grammer. sorie

You've seen blind people? is that possible when if you live your life in the dark? Styep one, remove rock, step 2 crawl out from hole whence you came, step 3 see the wonder of the world
    Focus: I hardly know you and your partner so I will pass!

B. use proper spelling.
    Proper spellingus? spolling spelin smelling? I don..t git it? wotever do yew meen?
    How discusting (vice disgusting)
    Is discusting a vice? never thought of it as such, is it possible?
    are those out of focus penis photos on shiver's profile. Out of focus penis photo's huh? I'd say they are very in focus.. my penis was smiling all day and is v ery photogenic, as a matter of fact, my penis is hoping to run for political orifice one day. and when it wins the federal erection it will have the balls to do what's right, even though it may be hard to control the power, you'd be lucky to have a penis like working on the inside very often. My penis may be the only stiff competition around right now, but with power comes great responsibility.

Insult the guy who owns it? wow, you must have a crystal ball because that';s exactly what I have done but taking a stand against that picture. reading between the lines is a great gift to have, your forsight is incredible.

C. 1. It would be an exception if you were insulting against a particular opinion expressed by him. But, to just insult an image without provocation...

provocation? How about perception, I perceive the picture to be horrid.. you think it is beautiful we disagree.. however I am right according to me and that's really what matters, am I to be worried or concerned because the limitations of one person's perceptions allows them to see only what they want to see and nothing more from an opinion expressed? I doubt I will lose much sleep if your feelings(or any other person's feelings) are hurt or if you choose to ignore or are unwilling to accept that not every person agrees with you, just as not everyone agrees with me.

It really is a matter of choice to voice an opinion regardless.. remember that freedom of speech thing, perhaps you've heard of it.

Perhaps we need to sit in the corner a while and think about our behavior?

Thanks for the offer, but like I said before I hardly know you, but if you want to fill me in on what you'd like us to do when "we" sit in the corner, I may consider sitting there with you. and yes we can discuss "our" behaviour, however, since I have no issue with my behaviour, I would still be willing to sit and discuss your behaviour.

Best fishes...to you too!
    shiveringman