Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I'm Still Here

Re: I'm Still Here

When mine was in it was like a balloon. They inserted it and inflated it to seal. They taped gauze around the edges for minor leakage. I had a coil of tubing with a clamp and an adapter to take the plunger for feeding. I had to hold the tube about shoulder high release the clamp and slowly push the plunger slowly. I got adept at it . I forgot once and backwash the mess onto the recliner. That was in 08. I don't miss it a bit. When I got pissed off I'd pull out the tube and shake the end at the iffender. Stay strong brother you're not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpygrandpa View Post
    When mine was in it was like a balloon. They inserted it and inflated it to seal. They taped gauze around the edges for minor leakage. I had a coil of tubing with a clamp and an adapter to take the plunger for feeding. I had to hold the tube about shoulder high release the clamp and slowly push the plunger slowly. I got adept at it . I forgot once and backwash the mess onto the recliner. That was in 08. I don't miss it a bit. When I got pissed off I'd pull out the tube and shake the end at the iffender. Stay strong brother you're not alone.
    My tube had no balloon, just a hard rubber ball at the tip. When it came time to have it removed, I'd expected them to deflate the balloon and pull the tube. Instead, the Dr just wound the tube around his hand and gave a sudden, mighty jerk! That hurt like hell and I was not very happy!

Mine had a balloon... somewhere in my stomach. Yep, when the doc removed the old one, he deflated the balloon (and I know that because he told me) and... yanked the old one out. Yep, it hurt like hell and more so when he quickly shoved the new one in - then had the nerve to ask me if I was okay. Hell, no, I wasn't - that shit didn't feel good!

The doc who did mine didn't even warn me, he just did it. I'd have decked the bastard but didn't want to make a scene. LOL

I guess I was lucky. Mine had a small rubber ball and was stitched in. When it came time to remove it my gastro guy undid the stitch and pulled the tube out. He said I shit out the little rubber ball within the next 24 hours. It was simple and there was no pain. Now when he installed it that was a different story and I was awake the whole time and it was painful.

If nothing else, I can expect to get it ripped out again (1) if I need to have it replaced or (2) it's being removed permanently...