Register

Sounding or stretchinb

Does anyone know if stretching the urethra will effect the ability to hold back your pee?

Re: Sounding or stretchinb

I have no idea, but owwwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Jazminedress View Post
    I have no idea, but owwwwwwww
    It actually does not hurt(much), if done slowly! I have worked up to a 12mm, fairly comfortable.

being able to hold your pee is muscular; I'd do kugels to strengthen those muscles...

Quote Originally Posted by mewanturcum View Post
    It actually does not hurt(much), if done slowly! I have worked up to a 12mm, fairly comfortable.
    Still sounds like an owwwwwww, had a STD test once, after that, nothing is going there

I had it done to me last week, weird feeling but doesnt hurt and ive not had any such effects

Quote Originally Posted by KDaddy23 View Post
    being able to hold your pee is muscular; I'd do kugels to strengthen those muscles...
    Actually, your bladder has a muscle itself. That's what controls urination primarily.

Kegels are for the pelvic floor muscles. Those can also influence urination, but they're not the primary muscle except for people who have lost their bladder to cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazminedress View Post
    Still sounds like an owwwwwww, had a STD test once, after that, nothing is going there
    You have nerve endings only at the tip (where you have a lot of them, obviously). When they stick a camera into your bladder to check for cancer, it goes in thru the urethra via the tip of the penis. They give you a mild numbing gel for the tip, but you don't feel the rest of it much at all; certainly, there's no pain. It's really not a big deal, and you should not be scared of this, if your dr thinks you need the procedure. Urologists do this all day long and they're really good at it.

I have to say that I have zero interest in "play" in that area tho.

Quote Originally Posted by mewanturcum View Post
    Does anyone know if stretching the urethra will effect the ability to hold back your pee?
    Your bladder is basically just a holding station for pee. It's connected to your kidneys via tubes called ureters, and to the penis (in men) via the "output" tube called the urethra. Your kidneys squirt a tiny little bit of pee into your bladder every 15-20 seconds. Your bladder has a nerve to tell your brain when it's full and a muscle to help evacuate the bladder. Once your bladder is full, there's not really any place else for the pee to go, so if you ignore the warnings then it will just start to leak out and you'll wet yourself. Older guys sometimes have problems with the muscles weakening over time and may need to wear pads. Dear friend, you don't want to go there for "fun".

"They give you a mild numbing gel for the tip, but you don't feel the rest of it much at all; certainly, there's no pain."

Yeah, no; my urologist was 100% sure that I had bladder cancer and stuck that scope through there... without a drop of numbing gel and I can tell you that it hurts like a motherfucker! I had expected to be a bit numbed but, nope; he just said, "Breathe..." which, by the way, doesn't help. And... I didn't have bladder cancer.

I've been catheterized for medical reasons multiple times in the last couple of years. The times with the gel were no big deal; in particular, the camera they insert is pretty thin and very flexible. For me, the anxiety was a lot worse than the reality.

The times without the gel (basically, emergencies due to a blockage) were less pleasant and done with thicker tubing, but they had to be done.