Register

Bisexuality Awareness Week

Who knew? September 16 - September 23. There's actually a fair amount or reading out there on this.

From Men's Health - "This week (September 16-23) is Bisexuality Awareness Week (#Biweek). In honor of #Biweek, Men’s Health will share stories about bisexuality—our hope being that when a bisexual or questioning man Googles “Male Bisexuality” or “Bisexual Man,” they can learn that they are valid, and there’s a growing bi community out there just waiting for them.

https://www.menshealth.com/sex-women...e-bisexuality/

Re: Bisexuality Awareness Week

well, I guess thats a step in the right direction

It is a bit telling on the publication and writer that there is a photo of a man waving the Pride (gay) flag and not the bisexual flag. (yep there is one)
    The article seems fairly well written focused more on deniers of bisexuality.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bi flag.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	323 Bytes 
ID:	55795

I understand that the rumour that bi guys spred HIV was wrong. It had to do with Latino South American men saying that they were bisexual when interviewed when in fact they were gay. This was due to Machismo attitudes and being gay was not allowed. There was a number of these men who were found to be HIV. It went from that point and spread.
    Last edited by tenni; Sep 18, 2020 at 11:01 PM.

I read the article.
    I know it may be somewhat odd.
    But, unlike the author, I would not be comfortable if the majority of my friends were bisexual.
    I like to have mostly straight friends even though I am mostly gay.
    Being with too many bisexual or gay men would make me feel too much sexual tension that is completely lacking when with straight friends.
    JEM

I agree with you, jem... the others in my closed group and I tried an open house, meet and greet coffee date for people that were bi and looking to meet others...... it very quickly turned into a * we thought it would be a sex orgy * complaints from the males.......

we made some new friends that want friendship and coffee only.... and that was great, but that was 4 people out of about 20 ..... and we were clear, its coffee, meet and greet, nothing else and it was open to males, females and trans /non binary...... but most females avoided that one.....

the poly one, we had about 13 people turn up, and all of them wanted friendship, coffee and advice as well as a chance to meet similar minded people, and it was a mixture of straight and LGBTQIA people.......

The ladies bi and lesbian meet and greet, over 40 females turned up and apparently they had a ball... us guys got told not to come home at 5 pm, and we were finally allowed home at 11pm...lol......
    it excluded males at the request of the females... and we are not allowed at the sex toy party they are having ( sulky face )

whats ironic is the LGBTQIA support group for my area, does not get anybody turn up for their social meets.....

so yeah I can get what you are saying about preferring straight friends over bi ones cos of sexual tension..... even with my partner who is intersex female, she gets respected more as a person by straight people, trans and bi/lesbian females than she does by bi males that see her as a fantasy fuck........

We are going to carry on with the meet and greets / coffee dates for the ones that want friendship and coffees but they will be invite only from now on..... we may do open meet and greets in the future but not sure if we will do another bi male one, simply cos of the way most acted..... and some of the bi males said to us on the quiet, its why they perfer long term friends with benefits over casual sex.....
    The only thing more painful than a broken heart, is catching yourself in your zip and having very cold hands

I think with the men, it is an expectation of "Lets Fuck", and honestly a whip it out and see who is bigger. With the women, it's not just about getting off, it is the whole experience of seduction, of course this is a generality

I wish we lived closer, the coffee meet and greets would be awesome to go to

Coastocoast

It is a bit interesting as the hello to let's do the deed in 3.2 seconds is all too common. Trying to get to know someone is always difficult and there is never acceptance of bisexuality on face value. Tonight my taking things slow earned me the usual you gay and will not admit it to yourself lecture. I am again at the throw up my hands and say to hell with it stage for the moment.

I don't know about anyone else but I celebrate bisexuality every day and it tickles me that Bisexuality Day also happens to be on my birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazminedress View Post
    I think with the men, it is an expectation of "Lets Fuck", and honestly a whip it out and see who is bigger. With the women, it's not just about getting off, it is the whole experience of seduction, of course this is a generality

I wish we lived closer, the coffee meet and greets would be awesome to go to
    you would be welcomed in a heart beat, I have shared some of your threads and comments with people that do not belong to the site, and you have a small but very loyal fan club.......

they love the way that you talk as a person about different aspects of being you..... rather than telling other people what to think and feel and say and who to dislike ( the anti JK rowling movement).... so yeah.... definately would be very welcome and I dare say, you would find that you make friends very quickly indeed
    The only thing more painful than a broken heart, is catching yourself in your zip and having very cold hands

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    you would be welcomed in a heart beat, I have shared some of your threads and comments with people that do not belong to the site, and you have a small but very loyal fan club.......

they love the way that you talk as a person about different aspects of being you..... rather than telling other people what to think and feel and say and who to dislike ( the anti JK rowling movement).... so yeah.... definately would be very welcome and I dare say, you would find that you make friends very quickly indeed
    I would love to travel there, been many years since I traveled

lol..... NZ is a nice country, but warning its very very toxic, white male = bottom of the pile....... everything is about race ( person of color ) or gender ( female )....

The irony is we have anti discrimination laws, equal rights, equal treatment laws etc all the protections that people are fighting for, in other countries..... but it did not turn NZ into a paradise at all, its actually made it worse, a lot worse for white straight males......

Thats an advantage in a way for the LGBTQIA as they are no longer targets, tho the infighting within the LGBTQIA is got so bad..... and in a way, bi awareness week is something that most people have no idea, exists, cos its just another week that no longer really means anything to most people.....