Register

Thread: Sign in issue

Sign in issue

Whenever I try to sign in, I have to enter my name and password twice before it is accepted. This has been going on for some time now, and I have no idea why. And yes, I type them both correctly the first time. Any ideas?

Re: Sign in issue

If no one else is having this issue, the issue is on your end.
    Try a completely different browser.

No problem signing in. But the site likes to bump you off regularly. I have been bumped off while I'm writing a long reply. When that happens I just give up.

both issues sound like an old browser issue, that I used to see years ago and its to do with a setting in the browser, trouble is neither of you guys mention what browser you are using, but the issues were happening in chrome and firefox

One way to fix it ( and the fastest way ) is to reset the browser, just make sure that you back up any information you want to keep, resetting will get rid of any extensions and restore the browser to default settings....if you need instructions, post the browser and I can give the instructions or you can google it.....

the second way is a bit harder, and thats back up the browser bookmarks and passwords, then delete the browser out of the system, run something like Ccleaner ( free version ) then delete the browser folders on the PC, then download the latest version of the browser and install...... the reason for this is that people can constantly update software on their PC and it can create issues after a few years with settings becoming corrupt which is why its recommended to do a full clean install of the OS every couple of years....

specially the issues are ( jcotton ) your login is not being picked up correctly, you can try using Ccleaner ( free version ) and making sure that you use custom clean and making sure that internet cache, cookies and site preferences is ticked, but chances are it may not fix the issue ( Mmpmm ) that issue is normally a corrupted keep connection alive setting, which is a browser setting that tells the browser to ping the server so you are detected as still online in the site and active, it was a common issue with chrome and its a pain in the ass to check, often harder to fix
    The only thing more painful than a broken heart, is catching yourself in your zip and having very cold hands

Thanks - I will try your suggestions.