Register

Unhappy I feel so awkward...

So, Ive only ever been with a woman one time and it was a drunken time at that. I feel really awkward looking at dating sites etc. like, I dont know how to date or even meet someone let alone what do I do if I do meet someone. im 50 yrs old. Starting this late in life because my husband has said I should pursue my dreams. So here I am. I cant for the life of me find anyone even remotely near me and definitely not my state. I find myself feeling sad. Like Ive somehow missed out and now its too late. Does anyone else feel this way?

Re: I feel so awkward...

I assume you are a female? You shouldn't have much of an issue finding a partner of either sex. Not sure which one. Don't feel that way. He/She is out there.

Don't despair, sweetheart! I'm 74 and I'm not about to give up bonding with a wonderful sissy friend of mine! Your turn will come and you'll be so happy! Just keep going! Trust me! I'd love to chat with you any time! ❤️
    a dirty old man who loves his sweet sluts

SD, don't be too impatient. If you're looking for someone special, it may take a while....just don't settle for less than you want, or you will never be satisfied.

This is probably not a very good site to hook up on. I've been here a while and actually met my GF here, in 2008, even though I was just trading interests and some conversations, so I know it can be done.

There used to be many more ladies on here, but the pickin's will be thin, now.

Surely, there's dating sites in Michigan that cater to LGBT interests.

Best wishes for the future...Hope you find someone special.

When you've not dated for a while, it's not always easy to get back into it.

SugarDrop,
    I understand what you are going through, although some things are different as I’m male. I have been looking for a FWB to explore with for a long time. Finding the right person while single is tough enough, add existing relationships and age... it’s really hard.

I’d suggest looking to the apps that are more lgbt and poly friendly. Ok Cupid has some benefits, and a new on #open (hashtag open) are two good options. While the apps might give you some matches, meeting first and finding friends that you can network with may make more sense. Take a look at Meetup dot com in your sea for lgbt, bi, women’s groups. Once you start hanging out with others of the same mindset, you will find their friends may be more open to getting involved with you.

Best wishes on your journey

I have a close family member trying to date again after a divorce from a long marriage. My advice to him has been: find activities that are social and that you like. Engage openly with others in that activity and trust that a pearl will tumble out. He’s still at ir, ur enjoying life more than swiping left or right on apps.

Bon chamce!

My partner died a few years ago, we were together for 8 years.... I tried to get back into the swing of things with dating but it was a disaster, both because of past experiences with bad partners and zero interest in hurting yet again.....

then a man I had known for a while, expressed an interest in sexual experimenting and reached out to me because as far as he was concerned, I did not play games, waste time and I would rather have respect for people and no sex than have no respect and casual hook ups.....I said ok, which was unusual for me as I actually had no interest in any connections with anybody..
    the sex was great and I enjoyed his company but it reopened old scars in me, in a good way.... not the ripping apart of the heart and the mind in a downward spiral, but a gentle tearing apart that allowed me to slowly heal better tho not fully and that has been happening for a while now.....

sometimes its not about the people that are visible and on dating sites, sometimes they are near and close to us but not ready to open up to us or we have not opened up much to other people....and they can be nervous about how to approach us but our reaction to them can make a big difference... sometimes the people we seek are not in LGBT groups but in other social groups , with fingers crossed, hoping to make a connection with other people with a shared interest......
    The only thing more painful than a broken heart, is catching yourself in your zip and having very cold hands

i suggest not directly looking for a female partner, but crowds where you might find female partners. although cupid.com is good, i hear. art people tend to think outside of heteronormativity than the average person for example.

I would say find an LGBT Center near you and see what kind of support groups they have.

Also years ago, I had a GF who was Poly, and was a swinger. She was Straight. She was a member of Swingers dating site. She told me that she got emails from

so many Bi women from this site wanting to "Take her for a swim in the ladypond."

Good luck, and keep us posted!

A.
    If it is to be, let it be with me

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    ....but a gentle tearing apart that allowed me to slowly heal better tho not fully and that has been happening for a while now..
    @LDD, very happy to hear that healing has begun. Life can once again be sweet for you. Just the way DD would want it.
    (((hug)))

Dee

Quote Originally Posted by sysper View Post
    i suggest not directly looking for a female partner, but crowds where you might find female partners. although cupid.com is good, i hear. art people tend to think outside of heteronormativity than the average person for example.
    I second that. My wife is an artist and it was through her that I finally learned to embrace my bi side. Perhaps you should enroll in classes, sign up for gallery tours and so on?...you may find yourself with a new friend or two who may..or may not..become friends "with benefits". In any case you'll be enjoying life more.

Wow its really hard to meet new people and stay on the DL