Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doctors

Re: Doctors

Quote Originally Posted by by~his~side View Post
    Great topic, Sucker! I think it's a great question and I hope there are responses that reflect that you guys are telling your doctors that you have had m/m sex.
    Your Doctor is your doctor so why wouldn't you tell him?
    If you're afraid he will judge you, then find a new doctor. Ditto if you're afraid he'll tell someone.
    He's your doctor and therefore you are basically trusting him with your life. You'll go to him for sore throats, gout and skin rashes, right? No problem with the run of the mill stuff, right? What will you do that dreaded morning if you wake up with a chlamydial or gonococcal infection all over your bum? You'll need medicine, fellas and if your doctor already knows about your sexual habits then the trip to his office is going to be a lot less humiliating and the medicine not nearly as bitter.
    Hubbys doctor knows. My doctor knows. We'd never wager our health over 45 seconds worth of mildly awkward conversation.
    It's a topic I haven't seen talked about on here. With the bisexual lifestyle being a secret lifestyle I don't imagine a lot of people talk about it with their doctors unless they feel they need to. When does one talk about it? After the first time he sucked his first cock? After she had he first lesbian experience? Does this topic only apply to the bisexual lifestyle?

We live in a progressive city within a progressive state.
    We play with a few friends, I am openly bi, no secrets.
    We have the same primary care provider.
    Our doctors know everything, and are supportive, if a little unfamiliar.
    Our needs are different than those of a sexually exclusive couple.

We have never gotten any 'moral friction' from our providers.
    No one wants to lose a career over something so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by playful808 View Post
    We have never gotten any 'moral friction' from our providers.
    No one wants to lose a career over something so dumb.
    wanna bet?
    i'm not saying i disagree with ur attitude. but there are those out there who would rather judge & hate than heal. with the shit that's coming out of the federal government these days, those kinds of "doctors" are getting more empowered.

I stand with sdbrit. I think that if he wanted your opinion on his guns or sex life he would have asked you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by sysper View Post
    wanna bet?
    i'm not saying i disagree with ur attitude. but there are those out there who would rather judge & hate than heal. with the shit that's coming out of the federal government these days, those kinds of "doctors" are getting more empowered.
    Yes, there are evil people in healthcare, but fewer than in the general population.
    I grew up in small town upstate New York. I know how people can be.
    And I am watching the 'religious liberty' nonsense unfold in the news.
    Sometimes, in conservative places, progress is made one funeral at a time.

But. I have also worked in healthcare for years, on several levels.
    Management (for larger employers), is always terrified of lawsuits.
    Be it malpractice, medicare fraud, HIPPA issues, sexual harassment, whatever, ... anything that opens them to legal liability is taboo.
    A single employee refusing treatment for reasons of 'religious liberty', is a magnet for lawsuits.
    Years of terrible publicity, huge legal fees, and for nothing. A 'lose-lose' proposition for the institution.
    Very likely career ending for the healthcare provider too.

A small, private practice can be completely shut down with just one lawsuit.
    And a special class of lawyers are willing to help it happen, for about 35% of damages.

My 2 cents.

i'll take ur word for it. but it also makes sense the way u put it. alot of people live in the fear of being sued. whether justified or not. so i can see how doctors wanna avoid being "controversial."
    but i'm scared the more doctors dare to be "controversial" & the more radical governments support them, the more this bullshit becomes more normalized. probably won't happen in the big cities, but i could see this happening in smaller ones where the love of god justifies the hate of faggots.

My urologist is female and the questionaire I had to fill out prior to my appointment asked if I had sex with men. i answered in the affirmative and I guess she read it but never mentioned it. But I will say she is quite friendly to me.

Our doctor is the doctor who took care of us in college. She was one of the college doctors. New, young, hot as heck. My husband had the biggest crush on her and of course had the hots for her body - which was smoking (still is), even under all the doctor garb. Over time we all moved near the same area after college. My husband had always been upfront about his sexual activity with her from the get go.

She us very professional to this day and knows every little thing about us sexually. She has been and still is very concerned about the unprotected anal sex and other unprotected sex. We are as careful as we can be, trusting our partners are as honest with us as we are with them. I supposed it’s the best we can do. I wish we didn’t have to be concerned with such things; it’d certainly make for a lot more open fun. I think we have pushed the envelope as far we can tough.

When I told out doctor of where I was heading with anal sex on my husband she tried to not show shock which somehow appeared as Wow now That’s interesting. She did her medical spiel. On the weekend she called to meet for lunch. She had so many questions. So off the doc clock she is very into it all, thinks it very retro/metro/modern or something like that and wants us to enjoy it. On the doc clock she is always concerned medically and wants us to be safe and wise.

My Doctor is simply fantastic. He knows it all, and I wouldn't have it any other way. If he doesnt know everything about my sexual practices and preferences, how is he supposed to treat my physical and mental health to the best of his abilities?

He always ask about my lifestyle, if I am starting anything new (like anal), new partners, about my wife and her hhealth and activities. He gives me lots of great guidance

Quote Originally Posted by wifekinky4husband View Post
    Our doctor is the doctor who took care of us in college. She was one of the college doctors. New, young, hot as heck. My husband had the biggest crush on her and of course had the hots for her body - which was smoking (still is), even under all the doctor garb. Over time we all moved near the same area after college. My husband had always been upfront about his sexual activity with her from the get go.

She us very professional to this day and knows every little thing about us sexually. She has been and still is very concerned about the unprotected anal sex and other unprotected sex. We are as careful as we can be, trusting our partners are as honest with us as we are with them. I supposed it’s the best we can do. I wish we didn’t have to be concerned with such things; it’d certainly make for a lot more open fun. I think we have pushed the envelope as far we can tough.

When I told out doctor of where I was heading with anal sex on my husband she tried to not show shock which somehow appeared as Wow now That’s interesting. She did her medical spiel. On the weekend she called to meet for lunch. She had so many questions. So off the doc clock she is very into it all, thinks it very retro/metro/modern or something like that and wants us to enjoy it. On the doc clock she is always concerned medically and wants us to be safe and wise.
    Maybe I'm "reading into this" a little too much, but I think your Doctor may be interested in exploring her sexuality with you two. worth.

Quote Originally Posted by csreef View Post
    Maybe I'm "reading into this" a little too much, but I think your Doctor may be interested in exploring her sexuality with you two. worth.
    You may be correct but as long as she is there Doctor that would be unethical. They would have to find a new doctor before it would be acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Neonaught View Post
    You may be correct but as long as she is there Doctor that would be unethical. They would have to find a new doctor before it would be acceptable.
    Thank you for pointing this out.

Just had two days with my doctor and some tests, with one of them being the fun one adults get in that area, not one question about anything

sdbrit is correct lancer and since you nolonger live in our state it is you that doesn't have a clue.
    Sorry I don't usually get political but had to say something. My doc is clueless and I plan on keeping him that way due to the fact he's my wife's doc also.

Do you include telling your oral hygienist also?

Unless it is a need to know, I do not tell any of my healthcare professionals about my sexuality or sexual activity.

Everything depends on the doctor, because I know that there are bisexual doctors as well so it is pretty comfortable to know such people. In general, sometimes I can't tell a doctor that I'm a bi because of their ages, but most of them knows about my sexual life. I think it would be nice to find doctors on this forum and go only to their clinique. There is one more idea which I consider really cool. There are new practice management software created by developers. There can be mentioned smth about each patient's sexual life, so the doctors can chose us.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyopati View Post
    If you get and endoscopy, your doctor and everyone in that room including the office staff will know.
    Well if you had anal or if you play with dildos.
    What???, I'm scheduled. Hopefully the staff is not anyone I know

Medical information is not as private as many would think therefore say only what you wish to say, once out there it's not retrievable by any means.

No, I’ve never discussed that with any Doctors, however I’ve been examined by a male doctor that was obviously bisexual or gay in the way I was touched, both when examining my penis and balls and especially the rectal exam which was very intense. He had a huge finger and eased his thumb in too, and yes I looked over my shoulder it was his hand, but it felt like a dick and basically was a finger fuck after his feel of my prostate.

I'm from a small conservative town, and have known my doctor for years. I finally came out to him a couple years ago. It didn't seem to bother him at all. He did ask me what kind of sexual activity I was involved in, which is a very legitimate question.
    I told him I suck off a lot of guys, and some of them fuck me. He asked if we used protection? I told him no, it's not enjoyable giving a blow job or taking a cock in your ass with rubber between the cock and skin. I also told him if a guy wears a condom for a blowjob, it's hard to tell when he is completely done giving his seed. As far as being fucked goes, I know it feels better for the guy fucking me to not use a condom.
    Doc went through the recommended safety talk. I told him it was doubtful if i changed my ways, as enjoying the semen is a big part of the sex.
    He told me that STD's are very rare in our area, and I should be okay doing it, but if traveling out of the area, be sure to be tested when i got back home.