Register

Is the average dick size increasing?

I've noticed something recently that got me thinking. It seems over the past 30 years that the average penis size is getting bigger. I recall growing up and most of my adult life, most of the dicks I've had were generally average or similar to mine. 5.5" (6.5 internet inches) These were people generally around my age or a little older. The same holds true today.

I regularly sample a wide age group from 18-60 and I've noticed on average, most of the younger guys tend to be on the large size. I very rarely encounter a 18-25 yo that isn't noticeably above average. Guys my age or older, tend to be average with the occasional big one.

I notice it both in person and in online exchanges.
    I wonder if its coincidence or actually a trend.

Re: Is the average dick size increasing?

> I regularly sample a wide age group from 18-60

Selection bias? These are all guys who seek anon BJs online, right? I bet they lean towards well-hung. That whole sector is very dick-centric.

Last I knew, the average hard dick is 5.1". Average.

It could be that men are bigger in general and cock size is proportionate. I was taller than average among my generation as six feet. I'm also above average in cock size. So it may be just nature keeping things in balance.

Median is a better measure than average/mean, but I doubt this is a strongly scientific study :-)

It would seem so and, perhaps, something evolutionary happening or "something in the water" but there are a lot of young guys with stupidly big dicks and way bigger than guys from my generation were at the same relative ages. Growing up, I used to be self-conscious about the size of my dick; my peers would see it and call me a freak, say my dick was double-jointed but none of that stopped them from wanting to play with it.

I'm not sure on this, but, isn't Penis size have something to do with your Genetics?

I've heard of a study that was being attempted where very strict methods for measurements were being documented, and changing what the end results were. Evidently, left to our own to do the scientific measurements and reporting, information varied...

I found a few references on "MedicalNewsToday" from July 2018

As much as 45 percent of men believe they have a small penis.
    well, of course half the men are below average, and half are higher... that is how averages work.

Erect lengths average from 12 to 16 centimeters (4.7 to 6.3 inches)
    so, for short guys, use 4.7, for big guys, use 6.3

Journal of Urology study (1996):
    sample of 80 men, 12.9 cm (5.1 inches) when erect
    Journal of Sexual Medicine (2014):
    sample of 1,661 men, the mean erect penile length was 14.15 cm (5.6 inches)
    So the 'growth' over the 18 years could easily be attributed to small sample size (ha ha) in the earlier study...

Quote Originally Posted by CurEUs_Male View Post
    I've heard of a study that was being attempted where very strict methods for measurements were being documented, and changing what the end results were. Evidently, left to our own to do the scientific measurements and reporting, information varied...

I found a few references on "MedicalNewsToday" from July 2018

well, of course half the men are below average, and half are higher... that is how averages work.

so, for short guys, use 4.7, for big guys, use 6.3

I agree with the "men are bigger" in stature than before.

Journal of Urology study (1996):

Journal of Sexual Medicine (2014):

So the 'growth' over the 18 years could easily be attributed to small sample size (ha ha) in the earlier study...
    In fact, the "average" man has one testicle and one breast.

I agree with the comment that men are bigger now a days than before.
    I've been plowed more times than Paris Hilton, and I loved every mile of it!

Do you spend more time thinking about how big your penis is or how to make your penis look larger? If so, you're in good company. A new study suggests that only 5% of people can accurately describe their penis size in five words or less. The average person has about 3,000 words in their mind when it comes to expressing their penis. When it comes to larger penises, though, things get more complex. One study found that the giant penises were typically those that were composed of high-quality muscle tissue.

I haven't sample that many younger men so won't comment but wouldn't be surprised if it's true. I have noticed the younger generations seem to be maturing faster. When I was teaching the 15-17 year olds all looked like the kids I knew in my day looked at early 20's. Chemicals in the environment/diet maybe? An Endocrinologist could probably answer definatively.

My protege sent me a pic of a 20 year old he'd gotten with... and the kid had a whopping ten fat inches of dick. He asked if I had noticed how many big-dicked youngsters I'd seen and I said that I've seen a lot of them and opined that something must be going on.

Well... my cock isn't getting any bigger. I wish it was but, alas No.... it's the same pathetic 5.5" it always was.

But it is very pretty... :-)