Register

Thread: New life!

New life!

Hi everyone!
    It's so nice to see a renewed flurry of activity on the site! For a while it looked like Bisexual.com was choking out it's last breath! But things are looking up!
    We still have a handful of longtime members who have held on hoping for the sites resuscitation. And we have dozens of new members from SBG (welcome to all of you!) and we get new members almost daily who have found their way to us.
    Those of us who have been around for a while can remember when we enjoyed this site as a thriving online community full of diverse topics on the forums and lively discussions in the chat room. The members (for the most part) obeyed the rules and we all did our part to keep the neighborhood clean. And, of course, we had Drew (the owner) to help. The few problems that cropped up he took care of. This was a nice community and Bisexual.com was an oasis for its members.
    Then things changed. The owner was no longer around and the neighborhood started to go into a decline. Quickly.
    Without our moderator to intervene, the trolls took over. The threads (forums) became tainted with ridiculously negative topics. The chat room disappeared. Good lost to evil. Literally. The caliber of our resident troll(s) was as low as low could go. Many members left and the neighborhood suffered.
    But the neighborhood is looking so much better! So many new members bringing positive vibes with them! Thought provoking threads of all kinds! Kind and on point responses to those threads! The demeaning and thoughtless answers that once ruled the threads are gone! We are once again becoming a united community that can serve its members the way Drew intended!
    Congratulations to Bisexual.com for becoming relevant once again! Let's show Brian (the new owner?) that we need this community and will be worth the time and money that he is putting into this site.

(((((a big bi hug)))))
    Dee

Re: New life!

I think I need to join the pay part of it to contribute to helping Brian have a good community

by-his-side ,does it turn you on too see your man on his knees ,sucking a big cock ?

I too, am very optimistic about Bisexual.com.

WELCOME!
    to all the new people who have found a new home, after Shy Bi Guys met its demise. You've brought some new life here! Thank you very much!

Also I'm starting to see some old faces come back on the message board.

Hopefully , Chat will come back, too! I talked to a lot of interesting people from all over the World, when it was up.

It is still the start of a New Year, lets keep the energy Positive, and move this site forward! A.
    Last edited by csreef; Apr 6, 2019 at 2:57 PM.

Hugs Dee! Always good to see old members as well as new. Thanks Brian!

Very excited to hear there is a new steward, best of luck and fortune Brian! And thank you by-his-side for this thread and the positive vibes!

Thanks for posting this.

B~h~s, it’s so lovely to see you back here too!
    I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)

Coastocoast

The site has had a resurgence of activity but it needs an active moderator if it is to survive. There are a few problems that have persistently cropped up without a true moderator. Trolls and the forum becoming seriously cluttered are two. 1) Trolls: I have blocked several and do not know if they still exist, I do not see them so it is rarely an issue the user must have help with. Drew would have put them in Time-out corner but the user blocking them is effective. 2) The forums are cluttered: Problem one: The forum has become cluttered with personal ads in violation of the forum rule number one. Personal ads, requests for partners, playmates and people in your area, belong on your profile not in the forum. Second clutter issue: It was always a principal that before posting a new idea/question in the forum that the poster should first look back to previous threads to see if the idea had already been raised. Post new ideas as new threads but if the subject had already been covered respond to the previous thread. It brings the thread back to the top of the forum posts without creating a new one. At the top of the Forum Threads there is a link that reads "Recent Threads (Click to see all)" and by clicking this you can see if the topic had been covered and respond to it. There is an option to see threads from the last day all they way back to the begging of the site. The same topics constantly come up as new threads instead of continuing the previous discussion and some "New subject Threads" literally come up with reoccurring topics every few weeks or months. I realize that many newcomers are coming here from other sites that allowed or encouraged them to post ads in the forum and post every thought that comes to them, but reading and following the rules of any site you join is essential. Drew would have corrected these problems and he always responded to messages or concerns and took care of problems. I still seriously doubt the long term viability of the site without an active moderator.

Im one of the guys from shy guys and am delighted with it here, lets keep it going guys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coastocoast View Post
    I still seriously doubt the long term viability of the site without an active moderator.
    Plan B:
    If this site ever falls down, I will be found over at www.justusboys.com

Wish we had announced a Plan B before ShyBi-Guys.com went away.
    Might have a lot more people here today.

bi~his~side......You are the BEST! I agree with you 100%. I think this site is improving.....I still want the chat to come back......I promise to do anything I can to make this the #1 bi site. BHS.......I will follow you to the ends of the world.! JohnnyEASY

Quote Originally Posted by playful808 View Post

Wish we had announced a Plan B before ShyBi-Guys.com went away.
    Might have a lot more people here today.
    So true.

Happy to see it getting better!

Very nice to see the comeback. Would love to see the return of chat room(s) and a moderator to show the door to trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by csreef View Post
    I too, am very optimistic about Bisexual.com.

WELCOME!
    to all the new people who have found a new home, after Shy Bi Guys met its demise. You've brought some new life here! Thank you very much!

Also I'm starting to see some old faces come back on the message board.

Hopefully , Chat will come back, too! I talked to a lot of interesting people from all over the World, when it was up.

It is still the start of a New Year, lets keep the energy Positive, and move this site forward! A.
    Would be great if there was a chat function available!!

Hey bi~his~side, good to see you here and active. Hope you and your life are well and in a good place.

Yes, it seems like the site is coming back to life and that's exciting. If they can get a chat system in place, I'm sure it will be appreciated and help things even more !

Congrats to Brian for taking things over and getting things on a good path !

I guess technically I'm one of those old ones that disappeared for many years...sad to see this note for what happened, but glad to see a potential rebirth. What happened to the old moderator?

To give an idea of how long its been for me...I used to get excited for the next entry of "Choices"

Thanks for the positive response to the thread! It's great to see the members (old and new) pulling for BS.com!

Hi Jerseyduo! Very long time no see! To answer your question - The word around here is Drew passed away several years ago. The site was left unattended and it ran amuck. The last year or so we started seeing a fella named Brian tending to things here and there. Not sure how involved he will become but he seems to be our greatest hope at the moment.

As long as we appear to be posting our bs.com wish lists....I'd like to see the chat function return as well. And I'd like to be able to log in without getting malware and virus warnings! In fact, if I log out I can't log back in. When I pull the site up (to log in) messages appear (one after the other) warning that this is an unsecure site and then tries to redirect me to other sites that have similar names. It's such a pain in the ass that I just stay logged in.

Maybe Brian will see that we're interested in the future of this site and give us some much needed feedback.

Dee

Quote Originally Posted by by~his~side View Post
    <snip> I'd like to be able to log in without getting malware and virus warnings! In fact, if I log out I can't log back in. When I pull the site up (to log in) messages appear (one after the other) warning that this is an unsecure site and then tries to redirect me to other sites that have similar names. It's such a pain in the ass that I just stay logged in.
    Hi Dee,

May I be bold enough to suggest that yours is not the typical scenario, at least in my experience! I check in here daily, for the most part, and always logon and off without difficulty, warnings or redirects. I usually use Firefox in a private browsing window and it could be from one of up to four machines. none of which present any of the problems that you've mentioned. I run a 'tight ship' when it comes to security and stay on top of updates and patches, which is probably at the root of my trouble-free existence here. All of the machines that I use here are running Windows 10 with the current feature and security patches applied, and I just use the built-in Windows Defender as protection.

I also occasionally run a scan with the free version of Malwarebytes, and sometimes, a different tool, just to make sure that nothing has gotten past Defender. I'd suggest that you try Malwarebytes, too -- sounds like something may be lurking in your system, causing these issues...

Always willing to help, if I can.

The security certificate warning keeps popping up when I want to log on! Need to do something about that!!

Quote Originally Posted by by~his~side View Post
    Thanks for the positive response to the thread! It's great to see the members (old and new) pulling for BS.com!

Dee
    When I pull the site up (to log in) messages appear (one after the other) warning that this is an unsecure site and then tries to redirect me to other sites that have similar names. It's such a pain in the ass that I just stay logged in. Maybe Brian will see that we're interested in the future of this site and give us some much needed feedback.

Dee[/QUOTE]

At one point I was getting a Google warning pop-up, which went away. I'm using Google chrome and log in and out at work or home on a PC, I-pad or even a phone without issue. Do you have another browser to try ? Seems odd and not typical.

Dee, I know! For a variety of reasons I've been thinking about you guys, and glad to hear that life is treating you well. You guys deserve it! I'm sorry to hear about Drew's passing, people like him were revolutionary.

I'll likely be on and off and on, but it

First time on in quite a while. For several months my browser just wouln't pull up this site even with safe search switched off then a few days ago it was back. A site can't prosper if it can't be accessed anyway I'm glad it's back.
    There's not too many sites out there for bi/bi curious guys that offer a forum without all the garbage and clutter. I hope it does revive and lot's of people return to make it a popular site. I do know ther's lots of men out there looking for just this type of outlet.