Register

Kinsley scale for different things.

I feel if were talking about bodies and sexual parts id be a3, if were talking about faces id be a 1, and if talking about personalities also a 1.
    But then going a little deeper on fantasies id be a 4 and past experiences also a 4. All of these have increased over the last 10 years.
    Last edited by Birobertb; Feb 17, 2019 at 8:08 AM.

Re: Kinsley scale for different things.

This is an interesting angle- I think it could show us the variety of bisexual men out there... many men who identify as bi, are only interested in the man's penis... the other end of that scale, you will find men, like me, who are attracted to a man's face, his eyes, and overall body... The cock is the surprise at the end of that journey of attraction, for me - anyway. And I am the same way with women... although I admit, I am more gay than straight - pretty consistently landing on a 4-5 on the Kinsey.

I am about the same as you Papa, I enjoy the whole package, from kissing to making love, I love just exploring a mans body as well. I know it’s not for everyone, some guys don,t kiss, other top only , that’s what makes life so interesting, difference

Oh i do enjoy kissing, with the right guy .the last guy i was with didn't kiss. So i just had to go straight to sucking his cock

Lol a decent compromise ��

Even the folks who accept the Kinsey scale as still being valid and accurate seem to think that if you're a 2, you're always gonna be a 2... and that's not really the case. The scale is about behavior mostly - what you'd do in the majority of times but doesn't quite cover what's going on in your head about attraction, which can be "all over the scale" and is also subject to change literally from one moment to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by papasmurph View Post
    This is an interesting angle- I think it could show us the variety of bisexual men out there... many men who identify as bi, are only interested in the man's penis... the other end of that scale, you will find men, like me, who are attracted to a man's face, his eyes, and overall body... The cock is the surprise at the end of that journey of attraction, for me - anyway. And I am the same way with women... although I admit, I am more gay than straight - pretty consistently landing on a 4-5 on the Kinsey.
    For me I am attracted to Intelligence, Creativity, and how interesting you are as a person. The things you've accomplished, places you've been to ect. Also the "Energy" that you have as a person also is a big deal in my attraction to you.

There's a lot of buzz on the Internet about how bisexuality is fluid or, as I like to say, it's dynamic and not static and the thing that makes it more dynamic than static is the ebb and flow of our thoughts and feelings: Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. There are folks who think the famous Kinsey scale is inaccurate and last I heard, there were some folks working on writing a newer scale but I haven't seen anything about it being published. So there's what you'd do with a guy and what you wouldn't do and, perhaps, those things aren't so dynamic... but that which you find attractive is very dynamic because, today, a guy who's 6'2" with eyes of blue could be the one to get your cock painfully hard... and moments later, eh, he's just another guy and one of many you see every day. It could a guy's smile, his sense of humor or, as CS said, his intelligence. As such and as I'm able to recall, work on a new, more modern scale was seeking to quantify attraction into the mix more than what someone is more likely to do when they wanna have sex.

The Kinsey Scale was the outcome of a 1950's researcher trying to define some things he observed. He did not have all the language and open information we have today, so of course it is outdated, and yet revolutionary for someone that always saw the world as binary (striaght vs. gay), and now sees the world as a continuum. At best it is a snap shot of a point in time.

The OP speaks of adding in levels of past and fantasy/future as well - this has been done, GO and learn about the Klein Grid (http://www.americaninstituteofbisexu.../thekleingrid/). Klein built on the earlier studies of Kinsey and created a grid that was a little confusing to some, but once walking through the process, one can see where they have been, where they are, and their potential. Yes, my friends, sexuality is fluid, as is attraction.
    Except that the grid only allows for same and 'other sex' - this is part of a different discussion of bisexuality as transphobic, which is not true, but once people read only 2 options, based on chromosomes, they assume that discounts the other genders that may also fall between two endpoints.

Many people probably live thinking their sexuality is, or should be a fixed point. I lived thinking I was a straight male for 38 years before I recognized my potential, and it changes as I continue to grow. I have struggled trying to figure out where I fit on the Kinsey scale, once thought as a 0, others thought I was a 6! I felt more of a 3, then a 2, then a 4.... because of all the things around me that keep influencing me, it changes all the time.

Why is it important?
    Perhaps we need to be able to tell a friend or partner. If you are sitting with a homophobe, anything besides a 0 will be an issue. If you are looking to discuss with a spouse, they may or may not feel anything but a 0 is an issue, but perhaps anything but a 6 is at least workable in a 'straight' relationship. On the reverse, if you are discussing with a gay man, you may get negative feedback for anything BUT a 6. If you are hanging here in the wonderful world of bisexuals - it's all good. We can date and appreciate a 0, a 6, and of course 2 through 5's a pretty special people too!

Consider how hard it can be to write up a profile on a dating site - everyone wants to see straight or gay, because most datings sites live in the binary. You date men or you date women. Now add these other 4 potential values to the dating filter - ugh. The old Top/Bottom question on Grindr gets confused already with those darn versatile guys show up. Now try and figure out how to include your Klein and Kinsey values, and how would people filter against those!?!?!?

It all comes down to attributes. Listing ours for others, looking at others to see how we agree/disagree, and where we might coincide or have lively discussions...

it's all good.
    Last edited by CurEUs_Male; Feb 18, 2019 at 6:04 PM.