Register

Why more and more celebrities come out as bisexual?

Recently I read this news to know Ariana Grande come out as bisexual - read the news here if are interested in. Why do so many celebrities expose their sexual orientation in society, especially bisexual?

As I know, many people are accepting gay, lesbian, but not support bisexual before. ONLY wanna LGBTQ community support them?
    Find one related article why bisexuality is not supportive: https://biresource.org/5-reasons-why...ot-supportive/

Comment your thought and discuss.

Re: Why more and more celebrities come out as bisexual?

Honestly , I think it is an attention thing. See how cool we are, we are part of the community, we are open minded, now please adore us.
    By stating they are bisexual, they can still live a fully hetero life, and no one will say anything. If they say they are gay, but live hetero, it doesnt work
    I am personally not a fan of hollywood, and I think you are correct to some degree.

bisexual and female, everyone loves it, go to any bar with females making out, and people will watch and cheer.........I think its the male counterpart that has it the hardest

Yeah there's definitely a double standard. Bisexual women and lesbians are far more generally accepted than gay and bisexual men.

Could be publicity but since we seem to hold celebrities in high esteem, perhaps the unspoken thing is that if this star is bi, well, hmm, is there really anything wrong with it? The media still likes to have a field day with announcements like this - are they really gay - and who are they sleeping with that makes them bisexual and other stuff that celebrity hounds just eat up like it's their last meal. I remember when Queen Latifah came out as bi and people were going apeshit over the news... except a lot more people were saying, "Yeah, no biggie - we knew that..." and, according to the word on the street, it was a movie performance that somehow tipped folks off that she was bisexual (I forget the name of the movie).

There's the double standard - bi girls, good, bi guy bad - but I guess celebrities have their own niche in this and are either seeking sensational publicity or they're really bi and that's okay.

I think it's a combination of the world (most of it anyway) being more accepting of gay or alternative lifestyles these days. To some degree it's also chic' to be all "hip and out and all that"...and yes, women seem more accepted as gay or bi while men seem to still get shunned or not as accepted as women for coming out.... I work in the entertainment industry and there are still plenty of people too afraid to risk coming out.

The times, they are a-changing, and these celebs are helping to make that change.

By coming out, they get to live more comfortable lives,
    without worrying about blackmail or other bigoted stupidity.

It is better to preempt the press.

The gay marriage war is over. There really were winners and losers.
    Last edited by playful808; Apr 4, 2019 at 5:11 PM.

Its interesting, when a male celeb comes out as Gay, everyone says Ewww! But when a female celeb comes out as being Bisexual, nobody bats an eye. Its like, OK, so what? Truly a double standard.

I honestly think it’s just publicity, appealing to a wider audience, they seem to do it all the time, the next big thing is saying they have PTSD