Register

Site Maintenance - Impact on Bisexual.com

As technology marches on, we are required to soon start installing updates to the web server. These updates will affect core components of the bulletin board and we can expect some features of bisexual.com to stop functioning. These features of the forum have relied on 3rd party plugins & developer customizations that have ceased to be supported and therefore likely not to function properly after the updates have been completed. Currently there is no replacement for these features.

What to expect
    We are not sure what to fully expect as it depends on the plugins use of code that will be deprecated after the update. It's safe to hope for the best but expect the worst. Specifically,
    Personal Ads is a customization that may no longer function so we are recommending backing up your uploaded videos & Ad content as they might not be accessible after the update. We make use of a photo gallery plugin but its more of an enhancement to the vbulletin picture gallery. Profile content that lets youspecify your location is also a customization thst may be affected.

The site will be down.
    Wea re planning on starting the update next Thurs Nov 1 and the board will be down as we work on.

Thanks for your patience

Re: Site Maintenance - Impact on Bisexual.com

thanks for the warning ahead & thanks for the work u do. hope everything works as it should but i understand if it doesn't.

hope the updates bring back the xhat rooms

Thanks, Brian!

Thank you for working so hard to provide this excellent site!

Thank you for putting some energy & effort into this site.

Thank you very much for the heads up, as well as the work you do to keep this community going, Brian. It is very much appreciated.

I am glad that some much needed updates are FINALLY being done here--thanks for that. This surely is a site that is worth saving and making better!!

Will there be more updates in the future and what are the plans moving forward for the website?

Thank God Bisexual.Com is still up & running, as it has become a place where men from Shy Bi can now call their home.

Will the chat rooms ever open again?

Quote Originally Posted by JCotton View Post
    Will the chat rooms ever open again?
    Things are happening in steps. First, the trolls have been brought under control. Now, hopefully, chat coming back will be the next good thing happening to this site. We must be patient...

Hi, I'm unable to see any of the Choices Comic, access the Bisexual Web, or make location preferences when viewing/search personal ads. I've tried Chrome, Mozilla, and Safari. Is there something I should do differently?

Quote Originally Posted by Calmtruth View Post
    Hi, I'm unable to see any of the Choices Comic, access the Bisexual Web, or make location preferences when viewing/search personal ads. I've tried Chrome, Mozilla, and Safari. Is there something I should do differently?
    Think they've been broken/missing for a long time now.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the work on updating the features on the site.
    As I and others wrote, we still cannot upload pictures on the site. We get a "system error" when doing so.

Can you please look into it?

Thanks!!

Chat.........I miss it

I would enjoy chat as well!

I paid for a subscription on 7/26/2020. As of today, no access as a paid subscriber, yet my credit card has been charged. Please PM me with your resolution to this problem. If not, I will be contacting CC Bill and my credit card company to report a fraudulent transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by blowbbud View Post
    I paid for a subscription on 7/26/2020. As of today, no access as a paid subscriber, yet my credit card has been charged. Please PM me with your resolution to this problem. If not, I will be contacting CC Bill and my credit card company to report a fraudulent transaction.
    Same with me, but not enough money to hassle over and this site still exists.
    JEM