Register

I'm doubting this website

Im beginning to think this website is run by bots, I have been a member since 2006 and have yet to meet anyone. Sent out numerous friend requests and the like, all to NO Avail. Its impossible to meet anyone on here, no one ever follows thru.

Re: I'm doubting this website

i just don't see anyone around my area that's a regular here. personals search doesn't work either. personally i'm ok just with chatting with people though i wish we had more of the female perspective to balance things out.

The owner Drew passed away. I believe his brother may be the moderator. I had discussed with Drew about growing and promoting the site, but he wasn't all that motivated. I asked the brother about buying it, and the price was silly high for a dead website with a cool domain name. Here it sits...with potential, but not much drive. A decent chat program, some advertising and maybe making the place something people would WANT to be a part of would be nice....

The only bright side is it seems like douche nozzles like Poll Smoker may have been banned for their rude actions, which is a start at-least.

Quote Originally Posted by NjbiGuy01 View Post
    The owner Drew passed away. I believe his brother may be the moderator. I had discussed with Drew about growing and promoting the site, but he wasn't all that motivated. I asked the brother about buying it, and the price was silly high for a dead website with a cool domain name. Here it sits...with potential, but not much drive. A decent chat program, some advertising and maybe making the place something people would WANT to be a part of would be nice....

The only bright side is it seems like douche nozzles like Poll Smoker may have been banned for their rude actions, which is a start at-least.
    He hasnt been banned, I seen a message posted by him a week ago. would not show me the message because he is on my BS list.

It's slow but I am certainly not a bot. I do have to second what was said about never having met anyone from here over the years. Still it's good enough to keep me hanging around.

Lack of an actual real time chat, any real activity, non working area locator and multiple failed attempts to upload photos have me ready to say sayonara...

Angry Re: I'm doubting this website

Here ... Here! I could not have said it any better!!

QUOTE=azcherry;320375]Lack of an actual real time chat, any real activity, non working area locator and multiple failed attempts to upload photos have me ready to say sayonara...[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Neonaught View Post
    It's slow but I am certainly not a bot. I do have to second what was said about never having met anyone from here over the years. Still it's good enough to keep me hanging around.
    It's a real shame. Around 2008/2009 this place was awesome. The chat was always fun and none of those idiots like polesmoker around.

was agreat site for years not much now

Personally, I’m here to meet guys that might work out for some sexual adventure. So, I’m ready to meet in person and all it takes is to workout the scheduling. I’ve got a life outside of this so it takes a bit to find the right day and time. The thing that I’m finding is that the dialogue necessary to
    make that happen ends after only a couple of messages. I don’t know what the issue is but could someone please share? When I was doing the Gerri dating it was easier to meet up with women for a coffee or a drink just to see if there was anything between us to take it further. Here, it seems there’s a great deal of trepidation to even have that first meet up.

this has been my experiance with all online dating. i actually met a women in person & we became friends. also went to meet a women once she didn't show. same with a man. that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NJwood View Post
    Personally, I’m here to meet guys that might work out for some sexual adventure. So, I’m ready to meet in person and all it takes is to workout the scheduling. I’ve got a life outside of this so it takes a bit to find the right day and time. The thing that I’m finding is that the dialogue necessary to
    make that happen ends after only a couple of messages. I don’t know what the issue is but could someone please share? When I was doing the Gerri dating it was easier to meet up with women for a coffee or a drink just to see if there was anything between us to take it further. Here, it seems there’s a great deal of trepidation to even have that first meet up.

In all my years here, I met one couple. She was awesome, he was (let's say) less than awesome....met once as a couple and had an amazing time but it went of the rails sadly.

I write to people here and get no response usually, just like most of the internet it seems.

Hi John I've been here since 2007 and met people here in real life as others have said location and timing are always a challenge. A lot of members have wives that also make it hard to schedules times to meet. Keep trying and if you ever make it to the Outer Cape I hope you will say hello,

Mark

I've been on here a few years and have met two people from here locally. So, not all bots :-)

Ya I get it most people on here have wives some who know about there husbands Bi side and most don't, So I get it when it comes to being discrete..Im in the same boat, its a shame really so many people hiding in plain site being bisexual and keep it hidden for fear or for shame. I said fuck this years a go Im Bisexual and thats that, Im going too try and meet someone like me and if keeping it a secret os what I have to do then Oh Well. Hence why I joined this website. That being said Im not kidding when I say I have tried so many times to meet people on here and have yet to meet one.

It sad actually, anyway guys Im here if you want to meet and talk or whatever. Im in the Boston area I don't mind traveling and Im easy going and certainly open minded, So lets chat....or better yet lets meet up and hangout

John

Even 10 years ago, when this site was better, more active, more ladies, it was not a great site to arrange meet-ups with other men.
    I always had much more success on other sites that were more for men wanting to hook up.
    Rather, this sites goal has been more oriented to providing a place to sharing experiences and obtaining support of other bisexuals.
    Maybe that is changing toward hook up,. But that trend would be greatly hurt by the drop in member activity as a result of the erratic functionality of features such as chat. I even tried to renew fan club membership (give 60 dollars) and was unable do that.
    JEM

Quote Originally Posted by jem_is_bi View Post
    Rather, this sites goal has been more oriented to providing a place to sharing experiences and obtaining support of other bisexuals.
    I almost wrote something similar to this the other day, when the thread was first posted, but backed-off, reasoning that 'Well, they do have a section on here called a 'Personal Ad'... So it does appear to have some appeal to the 'fast hook-up' crowd.

But I basically agree with your premise. I joined when I was in the process of discovering my bisexuality. I like to share experiences with others, and see what I can learn from them. And, if there happens to be someone of a similar mind who lives in the same general area, it's nice to know and to be able to say 'Hello'.
    Last edited by SilkyHoseLover; Sep 5, 2018 at 6:33 AM.

Hi John, I'm not a bot just a bi guy that's happly married. My wife understands my feelings, keck she has even got into anal play since I convenced her it can be a clean way to have some different sex. She peggs me with a strapon, which is awesome. At this point she is not ready to open our marrage, it seems a little strage to me, your husband tells you he is comfortable with you doing another guy and you don't want to but it's her choice and I accept it. If she was bi and wanted to bring a girl home I'd be all over it. Anyway I'm a real person, also in MA, not ready to meet other people but like to discuss my veiws. Hope you find what your looking for and look foward to exchanging veiws here.

This site is certainly not "run by bots."

As noted by others---the founder, "Drew" died a few years ago but even before that---it was on its way down--he had lost interest and with word that he supposedly committed suicide--if true---he pretty much had "checked out of life" before he ended it.

I have been here since 2005---even though with this profile it says I have been a member for not nearly so long as that---I had to create a new profile when I somehow lost the password for the old profile and had trouble in creating a new password for the old profile with no help from Drew---so I became Volty 2.0

In those early days I was here---we had a very large and regular contingent of people who were here all the time and it was a great place to come in general, not just for the focus of the site---I made some very real friends on here.

Sadly--between people feeling that they had to leave for one reason or another or we had a number who died--some committing suicide like a young lady from Great Britain named Honey Pot on here---actually I think she may have accidently overdosed on drugs---but another former member and I who did die of natural causes---we had to stay up all night long to help talk her down from committing suicide---and my friend--got in contact with authorities in her home town over in England and got them to go help her.

We had a group of people who really did care for and help one another---but like all things--this place changed.

While there were those who did meet on here for "hookups"--this place at one time helped to build friendships, even romances and marriages--of all sorts.

I do wish that whoever is running it now--would take more of an interest in the place and upgrade it---bring back live chat, modernize the look and features and do some promotion---I don't know how much the person who is in charge is asking--I had a sense that for what it is--the price was way too high.

If I won a huge lotto jackpot--I'd make a run at this site--and include it as part of a small media company I would create and do those very things. So far I have not gotten so lucky to do that--but if it remains alive and I do win the lotto or another version of "striking it rich"--I'd sure see if I could take over this site.

I think it could have great potential to once again be a great way station on the internet for people like us.

I've met a few people from this site. I met a couple(M/F) and they were great...I flubed it up by putting my foot in my mouth each time I dealt with with the wife.

I met a second M/F couple and I chose not to be involved with them....

I've met 5 or 6 men from this site and nothing happened...

This site used to be a COMMUNITY... Now it isn't ...When chat was going, people from all over the World were on, sadly no more....

I think it is still a numbers game...

John You have been on this site since 2006. My original post file was around 2006 as well. (lost the password and had to start again in 2009). You don't have a large multi post history. Were you mainly oni the chat site or? As Volty posted there was an owner who posted on here as well. Who is maintaining this site is unknown. Some people have a memory of a community and to some extent there was a community here. There was also a lot of control being exercised by a few that turned others off. There was debate, humour and more between some poster. I can not see bots mechanically doing that but who know these days.

I never stuck my nose in to the chat aspect and I understand that is where the friendships plus PM connected people. Perhaps, if things stay calm around here, it may again become discussion may begin again. I would think that the past year or so things have been focused on sex acts.

I did communicate with some people off site and visited one poster from Britain. There were real people with all their strengths and weaknesses on this site.
    Last edited by tenni; Sep 7, 2018 at 3:38 PM.

Well, this thread was an eye-opener. It sounds like it's not worth the effort to hang on.

Quote Originally Posted by michael95404 View Post
    Well, this thread was an eye-opener. It sounds like it's not worth the effort to hang on.
    hang on to what?

i have orgies every week organised through here!

I've never considered this site to be a hookup site. A place for conversation is what I take it as. I have met one guy from here in the past, wish he was still around. Been chatting with another. But somehow doubt it will result in anything. He lives about 30 miles away and is married. And currently, due to work, I only am available Sundays. He would have to have some suitable excuse for being away for a couple hours on a Sunday, and it's likely he never does such things. so his wife would be "Hmmmmmm!"