Register

A better way to meet guys? A gym or YMCA any better??

I have had poor luck trying to find someone who wants friendship as well, seems like all on these sites wants only blo n goes or right NOWs. I am wondering if getting as membership for a gym or a YMCA would have a better chance to meet someone? Where would be best place to meet guys?
    I dont drink so going to bars isnt a option. Central area here in Pa is a tough area!!

Re: A better way to meet guys? A gym or YMCA any better??

Quote Originally Posted by bikurinpa View Post
    I have had poor luck trying to find someone who wants friendship as well, seems like all on these sites wants only blo n goes or right NOWs. I am wondering if getting as membership for a gym or a YMCA would have a better chance to meet someone? Where would be best place to meet guys?
    I dont drink so going to bars isnt a option. Central area here in Pa is a tough area!!
    Most people, including bisexual and gay men, go to gyms to exercise. Not to hook up, or meet each other.

You live near multiple LGBT/gay bars, go to those and meet men in person. One is called Chumley's and is in State College, PA. Another is called Escapade and is in Altoona PA. There's also an LGBT resource center in both university towns of State College, PA and Lock Haven PA. Maybe stop being so picky as well?

You might want to find a LGBT support group in your area...If they have a Bisexual support group, that would be even better...

EVERYBODY wants FRIENDSHIP!!!
    But, first you have to meet and establish a basis for friendship. Friendship is not going to happen with everybody you meet.
    You do not have to drink alcohol at a bar. Order a coke or other non-alcohol drink.
    Also, why not be open to the possibility of sex as a starting point for friendship.
    I agree with polesmoker. Do not be so picky. Just, meet and spend time with gay/bisexual people. You will surely find someone you like. Then, it is up to you to become his friend.
    I am in a 15 year LTR that started as a one night sexual encounter. Neither of us was looking for friendship. Now it is well beyond friendship for us.
    Are you open to that possibility or are you only looking for someone you know well enough to feel safe having sex with? You can find both kind of friends if you start meeting people. Also, try to focus on what you like about people you meet.
    JEM

By the time you've hit your 50's, you're probably more motivated to find safe friends with whom you can be open about bisexuality, and possibly play a bit. Of course, the common ground and interests are the foundation for something like that, and it does take time to develop enough of a feeling of trust to be open about things like bisexual play.

The other aspect of hitting your fifties, is that reading people just seems to be a bit easier--if you've been paying attention to peoples' behaviour over the earlier decades, that is.

Now, if you're ONLY going to the gym to meet bi-guys, then you're going for the wrong reasons. If you're into going to the gym for the lor the workout, then enjoy the working out and you may eventually run into what you're looking for, after a bunch of idle conversations over time.

One thing you might try is, asking people you know who are Gay or Lesbians if they have any male friends that might be interested in dating someone...

Also you may want to go to a Unitarian Church service...The Unitarians are very welcoming and open to people of all Orientations...

I have had good luck at the y in clearwater

Squirt.org has search capability and better yet, listings of cruising places in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by csreef View Post
    Also you may want to go to a Unitarian Church service...The Unitarians are very welcoming and open to people of all Orientations...

One thing you might try is, asking people you know who are Gay or Lesbians if they have any male friends that might be interested in dating someone...
    haha the OP (original poster) doesn't want to date or have a relationship/partnership, or go to a church. He just wants a fuck buddy/FWB he can cheat on his wife with. But is not into actually going out and meeting bi and gay men in person to find someone who he's compatible with, despite living near multiple universities and LGBT bars and LGBT community centers.

Quote Originally Posted by pole_smoker View Post
    haha the OP (original poster) doesn't want to date or have a relationship/partnership, or go to a church. He just wants a fuck buddy/FWB he can cheat on his wife with. But is not into actually going out and meeting bi and gay men in person to find someone who he's compatible with, despite living near multiple universities and LGBT bars and LGBT community centers.
    My understanding is that the OP is a widower. He has stated in other posts that he is looking to establish a friendship. csreef made a good suggestion about the Unitarians.

Quote Originally Posted by delpark View Post
    My understanding is that the OP is a widower. He has stated in other posts that he is looking to establish a friendship. csreef made a good suggestion about the Unitarians.
    Pole smoker is a complete and utter moron who berates anyone who doesn't agree with what he thinks is right. See the little triangle in the lower left of posts (right beside the "blog this post" words) ? That's to report his dumb ass to the moderators.....use it....fuck him and all he stands for...

Quote Originally Posted by NjbiGuy01 View Post
    Pole smoker is a complete and utter moron who berates anyone who doesn't agree with what he thinks is right. See the little triangle in the lower left of posts (right beside the "blog this post" words) ? That's to report his dumb ass to the moderators.....use it....fuck him and all he stands for...
    Glad to see someone point this out about Pole Smoker----very rarely if ever does he say anything good, positive or helpful and surely kind to anyone--it is always something negative with him

Another way of dealing with him----do as I did ages ago---put him on IGNORE STATUS!!

Pole has been on my "Ignore" list for years. For some reason or other I read the post in this thread and felt compelled to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by delpark View Post
    Pole has been on my "Ignore" list for years. For some reason or other I read the post in this thread and felt compelled to respond.
    He's been on mine as well. I guess I'm a masochist, as i find myself looking at his posts (and reporting to the moderator), regularly. I've never found a person I've never met more repulsive and disgusting and angering as he can be. Fucking tool. I pray for his suspension. There is a moderator, I'm not sure how much he works on the site, but I remain hopeful.

I flag him, and hope others do too.

FWIW: I met a few guys on vacation in spas and gyms....you start talking on workout equipment or in the shower or steam room, which leads to "wanna grab a beer? " and in some cases ended up in someones cabin or hotel room playing....I met a couple in a hot tub on a cruise ship at 2 am. Just soaking, enjoying a cold drink, and the conversation evolved to "wanna see our beautiful cabin ?"...wink-wink... One gal brought me back to her cabin where we got busy and her husband walked in ! Scared the crap out of me, until he said "relax, we're swingers and I love seeing my wife having fun....now suck my dick "....lol