Register

Vasectomy: Physcial & Psychological

I'm 57 and my wife and I are done having children. I've been considering a vasectomy but I'm curious about the sexual repercussions. With my wife I like that birth control will no longer be an issue. But as I'm delving into the Bi side of my sexuality I wonder if other men who have had one can speak to any changes they experienced.

There's the physical changes: the immediate need to not have sex in order to heal. But after that was there any change in your ability to get hard, fuck, cum?

Then there's the psychological changes: I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that I want to have sex with guys which is triggering lots of past conditioning about what I was taught about being a "real man". Second, I'm more a bottom/Submissive so I'm already feeling less "manly" and now the thought of taking away my ability to reproduce (despite no more desire to have any additional kids) feels like one more step away from the Masculine.

Thoughts? Advice? Comforting words?

Re: Vasectomy: Physcial & Psychological

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Rabbit View Post
    I'm 57 and my wife and I are done having children. I've been considering a vasectomy but I'm curious about the sexual repercussions. With my wife I like that birth control will no longer be an issue. But as I'm delving into the Bi side of my sexuality I wonder if other men who have had one can speak to any changes they experienced.

There's the physical changes: the immediate need to not have sex in order to heal. But after that was there any change in your ability to get hard, fuck, cum?

Then there's the psychological changes: I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that I want to have sex with guys which is triggering lots of past conditioning about what I was taught about being a "real man". Second, I'm more a bottom/Submissive so I'm already feeling less "manly" and now the thought of taking away my ability to reproduce (despite no more desire to have any additional kids) feels like one more step away from the Masculine.

I had mine done when I was in my 30's. I'm 58 now I didn't want my have my wife go thru a lengthy recovery so i did the baby stopping procedure. The time for healing and no sex was just about a week

I didn't see any drop in performance or even my ability to get hard or even to cum. I found that I got hard and even more hornier knowing i could drop my load into any female and not get her pregnant. But now at 58 I'm having the older guy issues and need a little help there but i doubt it's from getting sniped back in the day.

Good luck in what ever you decide to do I wish you the best in your future endeavors of exploring as well

Best Regards
    R

had one also in 30s. healing about a week, sex same day. it was great no more worries about more kids. go for it. you will love it. one small problem. the damn bettadine they use is damn cold, ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by mr bill View Post
    had one also in 30s. healing about a week, sex same day. it was great no more worries about more kids. go for it. you will love it. one small problem. the damn bettadine they use is damn cold, ha ha
    Thanks for the heads up, mr bill!

Quote Originally Posted by Iplayonline View Post
    I had mine done when I was in my 30's. I'm 58 now I didn't want my have my wife go thru a lengthy recovery so i did the baby stopping procedure. The time for healing and no sex was just about a week

I didn't see any drop in performance or even my ability to get hard or even to cum. I found that I got hard and even more hornier knowing i could drop my load into any female and not get her pregnant. But now at 58 I'm having the older guy issues and need a little help there but i doubt it's from getting sniped back in the day.

Good luck in what ever you decide to do I wish you the best in your future endeavors of exploring as well

Best Regards
    R
    Thanks for weighing in, Iplayonline...Yes, this is definitely one way to support my wife and assume some of the responsibility when it comes to birth control. It's just that anything having to do with anything sharp down there near my junk gives me pause!

I had mine about 30years ago. No change in cum. Increase in desire. Best thing I ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Horneyely View Post
    I had mine about 30years ago. No change in cum. Increase in desire. Best thing I ever did.
    Good to know! Thanks, Horneyely

Quote Originally Posted by mr bill View Post
    What ? No one was touching the damn thing that first week, hell to the no

After 3 weeks healing, no big deal

Aproperly done vasectomy should have absolutely no effect on your hormone levels, ability to get erect or your sexual performance. At worst you will shoot slightly smaller loads.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazminedress View Post
    What ? No one was touching the damn thing that first week, hell to the no

After 3 weeks healing, no big deal
    Thank you, J!

Those of you who went the V Safe route congratulations. I never did until a Dr misdiagnosed a small testicular mass and ended up removing my ball. Found out later that the mass was nothing it the procedure was unnecessary. There were some minor but temporary psychological effects. Fortunately I was still fertile and had a child again a few years later. I did have to start testosterone supplimentation later.

From a completely different perspective, I wonder to what extent a vasectomy may affect the appeal of cum to an eager recipient. In my opinion, there is something primal, intimate and spiritual about the concept of sperm representing the very essence of masculinity and of the man himself in whose balls it has been freshly produced. Sperm literally is a gift of life and, after the deed is done, the knowledge that ~250 million live sperm are now busy doing their thing inside you is a bit of a mind trip. Of course, some people would find this a disgusting aspect of swallowing cum, and I suppose I sort of did years ago, as well, when I preferred to think of it as just "cum". But my thoughts on it have evolved. So, now, if I were going to blow a guy, I would very much prefer that he be shooting live fire instead of blanks. I would certainly do it either way, all other things equal; and granted, the cum most likely would feel and taste the same either way. But there would be a deeper level of anticipation beforehand and contentment afterward in knowing I was receiving his seed.

I'm not suggesting this should be a factor in one's decision to get a vasectomy. But, I was curious whether others share a similar point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Rabbit View Post

I’ve had 2 and I HIGHLY recommend submit the samples and wait until you get until an all clear from the doc�� before have unprotected sex. I’ve never been with a guy so I can’t speak to that. but my sexual desire never changed, in fact it probably increased, especially as I’ve gotten older!