Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: no more craigslist personals adds

Quote Originally Posted by silkyhoselover View Post
    Just a point of clarification:

The restrictions mentioned in the previous message about SwingLifeStyle, are on FREE members. That's one of the few memberships I've ever paid for, signing up for a lifetime deal 10 or more years ago. Paid SLS members can still send and receive private messages.
    Yes, If pay membership then you can message anyone, but used to free members could send a limited number of messages, now for free members it is a waste of time. Free members can log in and view profiles and that is it. They cant contact anyone at all unless it is someone who smart enough to use a username that can link to their email.
    I was on it long before they changed it and the online members was several pages within my area not it down to only a page or so.

First off nothing will ruin your sex life faster than politics!
    That said I have found the same teasers on every site I have used.
    I swear the same guy claiming to be a bi mwm with a wife who supports and plays with him, has contacted me everywhere. He will meet for just the two of us first and report experience back to her to continue.
    I should have known better when he called her his "mistress!"
    Now I ask for a picture early on and ask for a meeting.
    And then crickets..........

makes me wonder if they did it this way to get more people to get so frustrated because they can't do anything much more than logon that they pay for it. just using concern for sex trafficcing as an excuse. i'm not saying it's a waste of money, maybe it is i don't know but i guess they have to make money somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by bikurinpa View Post
    Yes, If pay membership then you can message anyone, but used to free members could send a limited number of messages, now for free members it is a waste of time. Free members can log in and view profiles and that is it. They cant contact anyone at all unless it is someone who smart enough to use a username that can link to their email.
    I was on it long before they changed it and the online members was several pages within my area not it down to only a page or so.

Quote Originally Posted by sysper View Post
    makes me wonder if they did it this way to get more people to get so frustrated because they can't do anything much more than logon that they pay for it. just using concern for sex trafficcing as an excuse. i'm not saying it's a waste of money, maybe it is i don't know but i guess they have to make money somehow.
    Well, this makes sense, I am sharing your opinion (I mean questions)

I got lucky a number of times. Some were better than other hookups, but had a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by gmr2017 View Post
    I got lucky a number of times. Some were better than other hookups, but had a lot of fun.
    That was the problem, they all were just random hook ups!! no one on it wanted someone regular with worthwile friendship. All only wanted anonymous sex with just any random! Highly risky for STDs.

Is there something similar to CL that offers the same level of discretion? I’m not sure how to go about trying to find someone who’d be interested in trying similar things now 🙁

You might have noticed doublelist.com mentioned earlier in this thread. It's a virtual craigslist clone, from a hookup standpoint. As it's just getting started, it may not have much of a presence for your area, but you can have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by silkyhoselover View Post
    You might have noticed doublelist.com mentioned earlier in this thread. It's a virtual craigslist clone, from a hookup standpoint. As it's just getting started, it may not have much of a presence for your area, but you can have a look.
    As I can see among many CL personal replacements most successful for now is DL...

Quote Originally Posted by exy32 View Post
    As I can see among many CL personal replacements most successful for now is DL...
    Double list is ok if ur in one of the major cities, it does not have a lot of the places that CL has had and I dont think they are planning on adding any more. Like Pa, it is only any good if ur in Philly or the Pittsburgh area.

I see Tumblr has banned adult content

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/e22d5121...umblr-ban.html

Quote Originally Posted by WMassM4M View Post
    I see Tumblr has banned adult content

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/e22d5121...umblr-ban.html
    Thanks for sharing this, if you ask me those are "sad" news, why they have problem with adult content on Tumblr, I don't see any reasons...

Quote Originally Posted by exy32 View Post
    Thanks for sharing this, if you ask me those are "sad" news, why they have problem with adult content on Tumblr, I don't see any reasons...
    probably trying to prevent possible lawsuits

I don't know if it's been mentioned but there is a new site called doublelist.com

Looks interesting.

Yes it is mentioned DL is not bad, for now one of best CL personals alternatives...

An alternative to Craigs is
    http://www.swinglifestyle.com/?signup=OPEN2VARIETY
    For NATIONWIDE lists of swinger parties or to meet local swingers, see photos of people in your ZIP code.[/QUOTE]

SLS no longer is allowing FREE account holders to text chat/reply or video chat with anyone, even with an invite. I was a member before the switch over, and am very disgusted with their caving in to such ridiculous demands. There was nothing wrong with chatting with someone, since everyone on there was an adult, not a child. I reacquired an account to enjoy their forum section mostly, now that I can no longer communicate with anyone there...and cannot afford a paid profile. Such are the times we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShy1 View Post
    An alternative to Craigs is
    http://www.swinglifestyle.com/?signup=OPEN2VARIETY
    For NATIONWIDE lists of swinger parties or to meet local swingers, see photos of people in your ZIP code.

SLS no longer is allowing FREE account holders to text chat/reply or video chat with anyone, even with an invite. I was a member before the switch over, and am very disgusted with their caving in to such ridiculous demands. There was nothing wrong with chatting with someone, since everyone on there was an adult, not a child. I reacquired an account to enjoy their forum section mostly, now that I can no longer communicate with anyone there...and cannot afford a paid profile. Such are the times we live in.[/QUOTE]
    And most people are not smart enough to use a username that can be linked to at yahoo dot com!

Quote Originally Posted by bikurinpa View Post
    SLS no longer is allowing FREE account holders to text chat/reply or video chat with anyone, even with an invite. I was a member before the switch over, and am very disgusted with their caving in to such ridiculous demands. There was nothing wrong with chatting with someone, since everyone on there was an adult, not a child. I reacquired an account to enjoy their forum section mostly, now that I can no longer communicate with anyone there...and cannot afford a paid profile. Such are the times we live in.
    And most people are not smart enough to use a username that can be linked to at yahoo dot com![/QUOTE]

Exactly!

I've looked at doublelist.com. I believe it may be a free extension of Ashley Madison and the format looks similar to CL. There aren't a lot of people there yet, but I think there will be as people find out about it.

Try www.doublelist.com it is similar to CL, but you have to sign up

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo_xxx View Post
    Try www.doublelist.com it is similar to CL, but you have to sign up

I tried, it is not bad.

You have any luck exy?

Well . . . Today I wasted 30+ minutes of my time ( not to mention the two weeks of back an forth text messaging) on another mouse who, in order just to get a basic conversation out of them, I basically had to "Pull out back teeth" this afternoon. OYE VEY

Thank god I didn't have to pay for the drinks.
    Last edited by csreef; Dec 29, 2018 at 10:11 PM.

Unfortunately false profiles are prevalent with people who advertise information that is simply untrue or very outdated. Age 46...hum...perhaps reversed?? Maybe time to update the profile info? Considering distance driven round trip I wasted much more than 30 minutes. If one is not a match...then that's the way it is, that happens, and I'm ok with that, nothing to do with being a mouse, just don't need to be nasty about it!

If you are interested in finding other Craigslist replacement, here you will get each five best PC & Mobile places. It had illustrated why the CL personal shut down and TINDER is not the best choice. That is absolutely amazing article that is worth reading. Click here to know more.

try www.doublelist.com very similar, but you have to sign in

To tell you the truth if you liked CL you can still post on there, I have had great luck meeting a few nice guys. It all depends where you are at. I am just north of Phila. and my ad does get flagged within a few hours. I see NY city and NJ ads lasting days. But your risk for HIV in a highly poupulated area could be higher. This what you do. Go to post an ad. then click on coumminuty. Then click on activites, post your ad. Example wouldd be M4M looking for a friend in the title. Then on the main body. Post example would be: M4M looking for a FRIEND or TWO for movies, walks just chatting ECT ECT. You will get some good respones in your mail box. I have met 3 guys on it in the past 2 weeks and I am meeting another one today. I am a cocksucker that just love to suck cock. Give it a go. If you are in the NE philly burbs write back, love to suck you off. HIV- of course

so are there any new places to hook up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky006 View Post
    so are there any new places to hook up?
    Well, as I said for me, various hookup apps and sites "do the job" Also, there are CL personal alternatives, and also, depends where from you are, locally printed and/or online classifieds can be a good alternative (in major cities actually).

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky006 View Post
    To tell you the truth if you liked CL you can still post on there, I have had great luck meeting a few nice guys. It all depends where you are at. I am just north of Phila. and my ad does get flagged within a few hours. I see NY city and NJ ads lasting days. But your risk for HIV in a highly poupulated area could be higher. This what you do. Go to post an ad. then click on coumminuty. Then click on activites, post your ad. Example wouldd be M4M looking for a friend in the title. Then on the main body. Post example would be: M4M looking for a FRIEND or TWO for movies, walks just chatting ECT ECT. You will get some good respones in your mail box. I have met 3 guys on it in the past 2 weeks and I am meeting another one today. I am a cocksucker that just love to suck cock. Give it a go. If you are in the NE philly burbs write back, love to suck you off. HIV- of course
    That be great if you are just looking for high risky for STD randoms! No one seems to want anyone to build trust and establish a friendship FIRST!! Always just seek anonymous random sex! Way too risky!