Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Smile Re: The Surreal Life: Coming Out with the “B” Word

Coming out is an emotional self imposed barrier...I have never had a problem declaring my sexuality...I was raised up to be respectful of all races,religions,creeds and sexes...those who cast you out over your sexuality are the people who would have cast you out at some point over some other issue, so you are better without them in your life anyways...live free people remember the sun is shining above you even on a rainy day-you just have to see it sixthickcut

Cool Re: The Surreal Life: Coming Out with the “B” Word

I came out four years ago when I was 14 and I wouldn't change that at all.
    My parents and friends had a hard time understanding that you even could like both much less that I did...but they go over it and everything is pretty good.

Re: The Surreal Life: Coming Out with the “B” Word

I'm just now coming to terms with my sexuality. I guess it's something that I've known for a long time but have totally compartmentalized and ignored. Now I'm in my sophomore year of college and have a boyfriend who I love, but I also am thinking back upon all the times that I have been turned on by women...and I know I can't ignore that other side of me. As of right now I dont know what to do or who to tell, but this site is a great resource and I'm glad to read others stories.

Question Re: The Surreal Life: Coming Out with the “B” Word

My soon to be ex-wife of 17 years came out as Bi to her parents in her late teens. While it wasn't exactly what they wanted, they gave her their full support and love like any parent should. She has had 3 LTR's with me being the only male. Of course her parents were elated that she was marrying me, a hetro male! Everything gay I learned, I learned from her and her friends. But after I came into the picture, about 90% of her lesbian friends no longer were her friends. I thought it quite odd that she was being discriminated against by gays. As I believe, her bi-ness was not learned, she was born that way. Before I married her, I worried that somewhere down the road she would want to be with women again. And here we are at the divorce. But we are who we are and I love her deeply. I know when I die, she will be the last thing I think of. And she still loves me. I apologize for hi-jacking the topic, but I was wondering if this is a common occurance or not. She is about to go into menopause and I was wondering if hormonal activity is part of her overwhelming desire to be with women. No matter what she will always have my support, I'm just curious and am not looking for a way to try and change her. she is great the way she is.

Thanx....

Quote Originally Posted by Ashabi View Post
    I'm sorry to raise the thread again after it's been dead so long, but I need to add my 5c.

I'm Ash, and I've just turned 15.
    I'm pretty sure I'm bi. In fact, I'm certain.

I really loved the article because it was about the different ways parents and family reacted to their children or family members coming out about being bi.

Neither of my parents know that I'm bi yet, but I plan to tell them soon. I can imagine their reactions; my father (not to be confused with my dad), the homophobic prick I hate, won't take it too well, but like eveything else, he'll have his say for 5 seconds then drop it. However, if he gets as bad as I think he might, he won't drop it.
    Mum will do the whole "we love you no matter what you do or are" thing, and remind me that at 15, I can't possibly know who or what I am. I hate it when she does that, but in her place I'm pretty sure I'd do the same.

On the whole, I'm not looking forward to it.
    The article gave me some insight into how different people "come out", but I'm still nervous and more than a bit scared!
    All my friends know I'm bi, so does the man I call dad (he's not my real dad, but I jut wish he was).

I'm just scared, because I don't know what to say, how to say it, or what she'll react as.

It's just heartwarming for me to nto only know that there are parents worse than mine, but see examples, and know that it still worked out for those people concerned.

I'm sure there's threads with tips on coming out which I'm gonna look for now, but if not, does anyone have any tips?

Many thanks,
    Ash
    Here's a site that's helpful to you: www.emptyclosets.com

This is a site for legal adults who are over 18.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDog View Post
    Here's a site that's helpful to you: www.emptyclosets.com

This is a site for legal adults who are over 18.
    Oh leave her alone! She's not hurting anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Moto1 View Post
    Oh leave her alone! She's not hurting anybody.
    There are sites and online discussion groups for GLBT/questioning teens, like the link I posted, and this happens to be a site for adults.

Here's a quote from the owner of these fourms:

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    The reasoning behind the strict 18+ rule here on bisexual.com is twofold...

1. The mission of bisexual.com is to facilitate both the entertainment and education of bisexuals and our friends. The mixing of entertainment and education presents problems regarding minors: Firstly, because intentionally providing sexual entertainment to minors is a crime (and probably rightly so) in most parts of the western world. And secondly, because sites that do mix adults seeking entertainment with youths inevitably have a problem with some adults preying on youths. I think there are sites out there that are well-known to sexual predators for this - I don't want bisexual.com to become one of those sites. By keeping the youths out, we keep the sexual predators out.

2. I am not qualified to run a site that provides education and support to bi youth. I feel strongly that any site that does so needs to be run by qualified people.

So the 18+ rule is written in stone and I don't see it changing anytime in the forseeable future.

- Drew

Lightbulb Re: The Surreal Life: Coming Out with the “B” Word

Eureka! I came out to my parents after college & they were never comfortable with my same-sex lovers. However, when I got engaged to a man, they were thrilled! It was almost a sigh of relief from them that they didn't have to deal w/ the "other half" of my personality. It's sad, but so true for most of us.
    "these flowers will never fade..."

"Being bisexual doubles your chance of a date on Saturday night." Woody Allen.