Register

Deceptive Site Ahead!

Is anyone else getting this warning when you go to the bisexual.com log-in page? "Attackers on www.bisexual.com may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards.)"( I don't have the site bookmarked so I type the site name into my google browser in Chrome, and I get this big red screen with a warning that it is a dangerous site. I click on "details" and get the option to go ahead to the site, but when I click on "visit this unsafe site", I get returned back to the warning screen. I have to click on "details" and "visit this unsafe site" three times before I am redirected to the log-in page.
    Last edited by bw299; Aug 28, 2017 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Error corrections

Re: Deceptive Site Ahead!

yep.. get that too...

Quote Originally Posted by bw299 View Post
    Is anyone else getting this warning when you go to the bisexual.com log-in page? "Attackers on www.bisexual.com may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards.)"( I don't have the site bookmarked so I type the site name into my google browser in Chrome, and I get this big red screen with a warning that it is a dangerous site. I click on "details" and get the option to go ahead to the site, but when I click on "visit this unsafe site", I get returned back to the warning screen. I have to click on "details" and "visit this unsafe site" three times before I am redirected to the log-in page.
    Yes I have also seen the same and I follow the same process just to get into the site.
    Understand, life is but a short Journey, people must try to experience and enjoy any, and all, of various sexual opportunities that they can, while they are able to! The lasting memories can be great!

Quote Originally Posted by bw299 View Post
    Yep, I get same thing on BOTH my pc,s and tablet. I can only get on now with my smartphone.

yeah get it too

Haven't been here for nearly a week, but got a warning when I logged-in today. (Using the most recent Firefox -- haven't tried it with other browsers.) I left a comment suggesting that this is a false narrative. I only visit the forum, and have rarely had an issue with something trying to install software. Occasionally, somebody posts a link to an external site that can be suspicious, but I've not experienced any difficulties with this site.

I hope that the administrators chime in to let users know that the site is, in fact, safe to use.

Same as above, and only with the newest Firefox.

I keep telling "Google Safesearch" that it isn't a "deceptive site" and they need to fix their filters.

I got the warning message too and could not get around it using chrome, so I used another browser and get through ok. Internet explorer.

I just got the very same message---when I tried to get here using the newest version of Firefox--but with MS Edge--no problem Don't know what the hell is up with that---it didn't do that before tonight with Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by 12voltyV2.0 View Post
    I just got the very same message---when I tried to get here using the newest version of Firefox--but with MS Edge--no problem Don't know what the hell is up with that---it didn't do that before tonight with Firefox.
    Did not matter on mine, Firefox, chrome or edge, got same warning. All this just started last week.
    My smartphone is only way I can access this site now.

yep I received it too.

Quote Originally Posted by bikurinpa View Post
    Did not matter on mine, Firefox, chrome or edge, got same warning. All this just started last week.
    My smartphone is only way I can access this site now.
    This sucks.....

Yeah I can get in on my android phone without getting the warning. What the Hell is up with that? I think a lot of this has to do with the site security certificate registration and the fact that the owner is pretty much letting the site go without putting much, if any, constructive effort or $$ into it.

I have no problem using Explorer on my pc to access this site..

Yep, same here. I just click on IGNORE THIS WARNING.....

While I have 4 browsers on my PC, my core one is Chrome. I have Adblock Plus on it and IE - don't have this problem. May or may not be related. I've been using Adblock Plus for many years, really helps protect me from crap, pop-ups and nuke out ads in most places, not all.

Once this extension is installed, its icon shows up next to URL box (in Chrome), one can pause it on any page that gives you trouble like playing a video. Or allow just a page or a whole domain.

Make sure to have it on auto-update for companies don't like them for obvious reasons and so its a kind of ongoing cyber warfare between them and blocking software and/or apps.

ABP is the grand-daddy of them all.
    If you don't have it, go get it. It's free "donationware".

(I ended up paying them something at some point for its well worth it.)

Adblock Plus - Homepage

(Note: there is ABP for Android and even an ABP Browser (at GooglePlay also).
    I don't use an iPhone or don't use my Android smartphone for the Net, so I don't
    have direct experience with these last two alternative options.)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adblockplus_icon.png 
Views:	257 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	47984

"To Thy Own Self and Truth Be True:
    No Push, No Pull, No Bull." ~ Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Intimate_Light View Post
    While I have 4 browsers on my PC, my core one is Chrome. I have Adblock Plus on it and IE - don't have this problem. May or may not be related. I've been using Adblock Plus for many years, really helps protect me from crap, pop-ups and nuke out ads in most places, not all.

Once this extension is installed, its icon shows up next to URL box (in Chrome), one can pause it on any page that gives you trouble like playing a video. Or allow just a page or a whole domain.

Make sure to have it on auto-update for companies don't like them for obvious reasons and so its a kind of ongoing cyber warfare between them and blocking software and/or apps.

ABP is the grand-daddy of them all.
    If you don't have it, go get it. It's free "donationware".

(I ended up paying them something at some point for its well worth it.)

Adblock Plus - Homepage

(Note: there is ABP for Android and even an ABP Browser (at GooglePlay also).
    I don't use an iPhone or don't use my Android smartphone for the Net, so I don't
    have direct experience with these last two alternative options.)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adblockplus_icon.png 
Views:	257 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	47984

Great information. Thanks! And by the way, NICE COCK!!!

Folks, the site is definitely compromised. I have viewed page source (you can too by right-clicking an empty space on a webpage, and then selecting 'View source' (the source code behind the rendered page). It is clear to me that an attacker has penetrated the weak security of this site, and has inserted his/her own 'tracking code' into the page downloads. It is clear that the interest of the attacker is to identify users of this site, by IP address. (This info is then subsequently correlated with other 'known ips' lists, to produce your subscriber info, including your home address, telephone numbers, etc.).

Honestly, a site like this can install software on your computer, and you wouldn't necessarily know about it (it might not ask for permission, or act like software is being installed). Clicking on any button, might do something completely other than what that button is labelled for. Clicking a button, is the same as giving permission for code to execute, and that code can do pretty much anything, especially if you've 'Marked as Safe' this website, even though your browser has warned you.

Seriously folks: Something terribly wrong has been going on with this website for a very long time. For me, the creepiest aspect about what's happened here, is related to certain things I've written on here, being very carefully edited-out and censored. For example: I think void() if he's still around, may remember me asking if the USA was becoming "The Fourth Reich" (a reference to the rise of fascism in the USA)............. Well, that phase no longer appears on this website. That whole exchange has been censored. Methinks I smell a NAZI!

Use this site at your own (considerable) risk.

I for one, have re-launched the Bisexuality.Club website with entirely different software. I want to make it like a Magazine site, where members write articles for other bisexuals and other site visitors. NB tenni: Authors can control the comments posted under their articles, or even turn commenting off. ALSO: I've got two different chat rooms running, one is very, very private!

Check it out -- WITH SSL ENCRYPTION INCLUDED -- a much, much safer experience than this wacko website.

Thanks BBB! I'm gone!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BiBedBud View Post
    Folks, the site is definitely compromised. I have viewed page source (you can too by right-clicking an empty space on a webpage, and then selecting 'View source' (the source code behind the rendered page). It is clear to me that an attacker has penetrated the weak security of this site, and has inserted his/her own 'tracking code' into the page downloads. It is clear that the interest of the attacker is to identify users of this site, by IP address. (This info is then subsequently correlated with other 'known ips' lists, to produce your subscriber info, including your home address, telephone numbers, etc.).

Honestly, a site like this can install software on your computer, and you wouldn't necessarily know about it (it might not ask for permission, or act like software is being installed). Clicking on any button, might do something completely other than what that button is labelled for. Clicking a button, is the same as giving permission for code to execute, and that code can do pretty much anything, especially if you've 'Marked as Safe' this website, even though your browser has warned you.

Seriously folks: Something terribly wrong has been going on with this website for a very long time. For me, the creepiest aspect about what's happened here, is related to certain things I've written on here, being very carefully edited-out and censored. For example: I think void() if he's still around, may remember me asking if the USA was becoming "The Fourth Reich" (a reference to the rise of fascism in the USA)............. Well, that phase no longer appears on this website. That whole exchange has been censored. Methinks I smell a NAZI!

Use this site at your own (considerable) risk.

I for one, have re-launched the Bisexuality.Club website with entirely different software. I want to make it like a Magazine site, where members write articles for other bisexuals and other site visitors. NB tenni: Authors can control the comments posted under their articles, or even turn commenting off. ALSO: I've got two different chat rooms running, one is very, very private!

Check it out -- WITH SSL ENCRYPTION INCLUDED -- a much, much safer experience than this wacko website.

Thanks for the info!
    Understand, life is but a short Journey, people must try to experience and enjoy any, and all, of various sexual opportunities that they can, while they are able to! The lasting memories can be great!

This isn't the only site that was affected. There are other sites that I go to that were as well(and they are not sex related). It looks like there was some sort of update at Google that happened that is causing these false-positives.

Quote Originally Posted by IllinoisGuy View Post
    This isn't the only site that was affected. There are other sites that I go to that were as well(and they are not sex related). It looks like there was some sort of update at Google that happened that is causing these false-positives.
    ^^^^^^^^
    If a legitimate site gets flagged by Google as 'Unsafe', it shouldn't be on that list longer than 3 days, a week at maximum.
    The fact that bisexual dot com has been listed by Google as 'Unsafe' means there is a persistent and veritable reason for it. Understand the technology here:

Deceptive Site Ahead: Google to warn about fake buttons

Deceptive site ahead. How to remove? (Uninstall guide)

At it's core, the technology is looking for mislabeled buttons pointing to known malicious objects (whether executable strings of code or malware downloads/installs).
    If you have a strong security setup on your computer (as I do), it's probably not too much of a concern for me here (especially since I'm probably not going to open my mailbox here anymore).

If you consider yourself "just an average internet user", you might have to think twice about it, though. Understand: A button on this website marked "Good" might easily do something "Evil"; or the communications could be thoroughly penetrated and utterly insecure, such that you wouldn't ever really be able to trust who it is you are conversing with. (That's maybe OK for a forum thread; but PMs are perilous since you can never trust who sent you what (addressee / names can be completely spoofed, eavesdropped, etc.

It's no biggie for me: Anyone who wants to find me, knows where to look............ (a secure, encrypted website with two chatrooms and better control for contributing blog authors, additional to an easy to use forum)...............

I work in the tech field and am familiar with the potential problems that can arise. Nowadays if anyone is using a PC without any sort of protection on it is asking for potential problems. It's just like sex...if it's unprotected and you don't know who you are dealing with, then you will have trouble. Maybe not now, but eventually.

So, is the warning some are getting that the site is unsafe, a real thing or a false one?? I have no problem getting here on MS Edge, but with Firefox--I still get the warning......

I use my iPad for this site and I never see the warnings from either Safari or Google Chrome apps. I have opened it in both via bookmarks me typing it in directly to the browser URL bar. I haven't been on for a while, but I see this is still an issue as of a week ago. Did they fix it? Sorry to see so many people having issues. Did everyone try clearing their cache's, cookies, etc.? Turn off Ad-block, pop up blockers, etc. for the site. Maybe even add the site's URL to your "Safe" or "White" lists? I see some have tried some of this, but I figure since I am not getting the messages, I could at least try to help those that are.