Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Craigslist?

Re: Craigslist?

It takes patience and perseverance whether it's Craigslist or any other mm-oriented website. It's the impatient, selfish, rude and cocky guys on those sites that put so many nice, decent, serious bi men off using such sites. But it's gonna be that way no matter where you seek out men. I prefer online meetings with men that I know from the get-go are bi or gay, rather than meeting random strangers at ABSs, bath houses or gay bars etc. Then it becomes like dating. You chat in chatrooms and via PM's and then maybe proceed to texts or phone calls with guys you are interested in. Take the initiative and stay in touch with them. You'll be able to sense if they enjoy chatting, texting or phoning. If they do, you can be almost certain that they are genuinely interested in meeting you. You know what you want, so express it to guys you'd like to meet. You'll have to wade through and weed out a lot of fakes, flakes, pic collectors, jerks and assholes to find a few good prospects, but it is well worth it when you finally meet one or more of them whom you hit it off with and have good or great sex ! It works for me. Squirt.org, silverdaddies.com and Craigslist are my go-to sites. Adultfriendfinder.com, not so much. On swinglifestyle you will find tons of bi married men posing as swinging couples looking for bi men. It is actually him looking for other couples or for other solo bi or gay men on his own. I don't fault a bi married guy for being misleading on his profile as long as he admits early on that he's just looking for men.

Very well said, chase..

For those of you that have posted on Craigslist, was it worth it? Were you successful or were your results about the same as answering ads?

I have just answered ads. I had two that responded back. One that I hooked up with, popped my cherry, and another that complained about people that only talk then he flaked out when it came time to meet.

I've had zero success with Craigslist. Lot of guys collecting pictures or wanting a quick bang bang. I'm more interested in meeting first, making sure there's a connection and then moving on from there.

I have had success on this site which is why I keep coming back!

Coastocoast

In general, Craigslist success has a lot to do with what you are looking for. If you are looking for a quick, blow and go with a guy who is stepping out on his wife/girlfriend/significant other you will quickly find what you are looking for. If you are looking for anything in the lines of a single guy who wants more than a no strings attached quickie you are unlikely to succeed. The numbers of one line responses like "Where and when" and ads stating "send dick pick and phone number on first email or it will be deleted" are high. Also if you are interested in bare backing a complete stranger without regard for disease you will find that too. I unfortunately have found nothing as I am looking for an ongoing situation/relationship and want to know who I am getting involved with before anything physical happens.

I look on craigslist sometimes to look at the ads and look at what cocks are local to suck. But I have never pulled the trigger on it. Once there was an ad posted on craigslist from a member here who had his ad in the personals on here also. I thought about it and thought about it but that was all. He took his ad off from here and not sure if he even comes on here anymore.
    Last edited by SuckerMC; Aug 26, 2016 at 5:12 AM.

I have had some pretty good luck with CL. It helps to post a honest add and let people know what you want. You can usually tell from the responses who is real or not.

My first M2M experience was through Craigslist. ALWAYS meet in a public place first. If there is no mutual attraction, then don't feel pressured to get naked with each other.

Like most here, I have had mixed results with Craigslist. I have had very few responses when I respond to ads and many didn't respond to follow ups. Many just want to hookup quickly, whereas I need to feel comfortable and safe and a bit of back and forth before meeting.

I have posted ads with mixed results. I got a lot of I want to bang you in five minutes responses, even though at the time I said I was an anal virgin and wanted to take it slow and needed a very patient partner. My worst near experience was all via e-mail and seemed quite hopeful, but took an interesting turn:

We had e-mailed back and forth a few times and set a time to meet on the Sunday for coffee and if all was good, head to a nearby bathhouse, which he agreed to. Later, that evening, he suggested a back alley nearby in a not so nice part of town, where there would be lots of people and likely police passing by. I was going to respond and say thanks but no thanks, as he was starting to seem a bit creepy, but hadn't by Friday morning. Then on the Friday, he sent me three e-mails that got angrier and angrier. He thought that we were meeting on Friday when we repeatedly said Sunday. He thought I was a no show and said one day, if he ever meets a no show, he was going to punch them out. For some reason, I emailed him back and said the plan had been for the Sunday and we had never said anything about Friday, but I was no longer interested. He e-mailed back saying he was sorry and let's start over. I e-mailed him back and said that I had no intention of meeting somebody who threatens other people and that was the last I heard.

I am very specific and include my specs, what I would like to do and the type of person I am looking for etc. I ask them to let me know their status and how experienced they are. I also explain that I want to feel comfortable by corresponding a few times before meeting, in the hope to limit the number of let's fuck in 5 minute types or people who only read what they want to see. For the most part, it seems to work and most responses seem to be good. Interestingly, I always add that I am Caucasian and race isn't important, meaning I am open to any race. What is most interesting is the vast majority of responses I get seem to be from non-Caucasians.

I find it relatively easy to find people for oral. I had always wanted to experience anal and posted an ad asking specifically for that and found my best match ever and it worked out great.

So, I think the lesson I have learnt is be very specific and let them know your expectations up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsmejj View Post
    I am new to all of this but extremely curious.i am married and woukd like who ever i meet to be top so i know it will stay discrete. I have been looking on Craigslist for awhile but never pulled the trigger has anyone ever had luck and if so can some of you give a few tips for a first timer. I am really not sure what i am into yet either will that be a problem?
    I resisted CL for a couple of years--I like to get to know a guy, check them out, before we get naked. And whenever I looked at CL I was overwhelmed. Then I got some good advice--write a carefully worded ad, be honest and direct and say what you want. I said I was looking for other married guys who were discrete and wanted to have their cock sucked regularly. I got a bunch of guys just looking to hook-up right away, but 2-3 who were safe and sane. It's surprising how many ordinary guys have had buddies at one time or another, and got hooked. Pretty soon I had three regular guys who are happy to give me a call when they need relief.

I've had luck on cl. Chatted for a couple of weeks before meeting in a public place to make sure we were on the same page.
    all five were married and wanted to jo looking at pics of their wives. with two there was no mutual attraction. three were, so we looked at pics and i was very nervous but super excited, tasted precum from two and gave a full on blowjob to one, he was the first and so far only to cum while i sucked and swallowed. we're still in touch and trying to sync our schedules so i can blow him again.

I've used craiglist off and on over the years. I think it was better years ago but can work for you with a few rules in mind (assuming you want to be safe and meet a guy for a regular thing rather than a blow-and-go)

1 - Be honest and expect honesty. If you place an ad, explain what you are looking for in general terms and a general description. I prefer to get a lot of the basics (location, hosting, physical description, sexual interests, available times, marital/partner status) out front so that you don't waste your time.

2 - Avoid emails saying it has to be done in three (two, five, whatever) emails of less.

3 - Exchange emails clarifying some of the general details that were in your (or his) ad to make sure everyone is on the same page.

4 - Arrange to meet in person in a public place to talk and not for sex. I strongly suggest it not be a bar since you don't want alcohol clouding your judgement.

5 - Does he match his description? If he doesn't, it means he lied and you won't be able to trust anything else he says. Immediately say "thanks, but no thanks" and leave.

6 - If you feel comfortable with everything so far and want to meet up with him, make arrangements to do so. Since the hosting discussion would have already been discussed, that should not be a problem.

7 - When meeting for sex for the first time avoid alcohol and drugs. Again, you don't want to lower your inhibitions.

8 - Bring your own condoms and lube.

9 - I assume you will use condoms. If he says he can't stay hard using condoms or can't cum when using condoms, too bad. Condoms are non-negotiable.

10 - Stick to your boundaries as first discussed with him. If you said no anal, then no anal. If you said you top only, then only top. Once you get comfortable with him you can make changes... if you want to... but you don't want to feel he got you in bed under one premise (him being a bottom) and then wants to change that (him being a top).

11 - Don't be selfish. Even if he's a bottom you want to make sure he gets off during your meeting. Back and forth activity so you both have a good time.

If you follow these rules chances are you will weed out the flakes and liars and be able to set up a regular thing with a partner.

Hey guys. is anyone experianceing problems with CL ?. since last friday no pics are showing on any post !!! not even the sites email addy will show. was going to email them about the problem but cant find their email addy. if you can help in geting them to fix the problem, Thanks.

GO FORE IT: I was unable to find their address, but my craigslist is working. Apparently there are some issues, because I got this message, when I clicked on their HELP DESK:

" We are experiencing some issues with posting of new ads. Please hold while we work them out."

Thanks realist. i saw were they we,re having a Lot a Issues of all kinds. Thanks for trying thou.

What is a good ABS to go to in the Houston area, particularly the east side?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fzmr9t View Post
    I've met some very nice guys on CR and on other sites, but for me safety and discretion are my two main concerns. if i look at CR i use an email address that is not my usual email address (use that for most sites that i visit BTW). also I don't give out name or phone # until I'm very comfortable with that person. basically i try to chat it up a bit to see what their likes/dislikes are and if they correspond with mine I try to meet for the 1st time in a public place for a drink or just to chat. a person on the 'up and up' won't have an issue with that. pictures are often requested, but i rarely just send someone a pic of me (for obvious reasons) but what you're comfortable with is up to you.
    i also put out profiles on some of the sites i visit and like. that way you can hopefully attempt to attract someone that has/wants what you're looking for, which will cut down on the amount of to and fro chit chat.

i've also gone the ABS route, and when i did, i usually went in with plenty of tokens and left the door unlocked and flipped on a video (I know not the safest thing to do, which is why i haven't been there in a long while). anyway, if you're in a booth watching the vids and someone comes in and sees what they like you can usually get some sort of action.

good luck with your search, and be comfortable with whatever surroundings you find yourself in. If you're not sure, don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by 12voltyV2.0 View Post
    Just for "the hell of it" I have both posted up ads on Craigslist and replied to those posted by others----with absolutely ZERO positive results. Now, that probably has to do with the area I currently live----but as far as I am concerned---if my results are any indication----I'd say that CL is not worth doing.

Better to go to other gay/bi male sites like Squirt.org, Men4SexNow.com and many others. I have had pretty good results with both of those sites. Another one--sad to say went away when its owner/creator committed suicide a year or so ago, Dick.net. It was a great site, but like it's master---the site went away.
    I have to agree with you 12volt, dick.net was a great site and was soooooo fucking easy to navigate. I think I probably shot more cum with guys AND girls on that site than any other sites I belong to. It was just fabulous. I lost over 400 friends when the site went down. I have only ben able to connect with a few of them. I only wish that I would have had the money to purchase the site the first time it appeared for sale.
    Oh well........

Quote Originally Posted by j4u42 View Post
    Well Hi ItsmeJJ,
    For one thing you might post a profile here. For another, you might respond to any inquiries you receive on this site. No profile makes it difficult for one to want to make contact. And if and when they do, please reply. After all, at that point your still not committed to doing anything and the correspondence you might establish might be enlightening. Please reply thank you
    Sounds like good advice....Also posting a picture or two will help.

I met a guy on CL and set up a meeting at a local ABS. We met (i was as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs). We signaled each other and met in a video room, big enough for two, I told myself "there's no backing out now", dropped to my knees, took his cock in my mouth and started working. I Swallowed every drop and haven't looked back since then.

I still have yet to try it. I have messaged and emailed with some guys on here. But the temptation is still there but i can't see myself doing the Craigslist thing for my first time. But i am enjoying the ride. And thank you everyone for the input. I am all ears with any help anyone wants to offer

Quote Originally Posted by Redo7163 View Post
    What is a good ABS to go to in the Houston area, particularly the east side?
    imon the far Westside ad don't venture much past hwy 8. But there's one S of 10 on hwy 6 that I've been to. $10 'membership' fee but once you've paid 1 time then any future visits there isn't a fee

If you are going to meet someone from craigslist, I strongly urge you to meet in a public place...Also have a friend know where you are and who you are meeting....If the "vibe" doesn't feel right, leave....

Craigslist is rife with spammers, scammers, fakers, and wannabes. You have to wade through a LOT of shit to make one good contact. AND you have to be very careful during the process to not be victimized. BUT I have made a few good connections that started on CL. In fact, I met two of my regulars on CL.

Check out manhunt.net. it's like minded guys as close,or as far away as you like

Try silverdaddies dot com I've met a few. Guys there I've only sucked 6 guys in 10 years but looking for a regular FWB

Haven't had much luck with "Manhunt", but have a couple of regulars each from "SilverDaddies" and "Squirt.org". SilverDaddies has been really good for contacts when traveling.

I am still seeking my first experience. Craigslist has been nothing but frustrating. I haven't lost hope but am beginning to wonder if I will ever be able to finally touch my first cock or be comfortable enough to finally wrap my lips around one and taste a man. so frustrating.

A lot of good advice given here. As others have said, it depends on what your looking for. I rarely awswer ads, I place my own. I clearly state what I'm looking for and what I'm not. I'm looking for a sensual, erotic encounter, so I don't expect a lot of replies. Being specific is very helpful, as it tells me who took the time to read the ad. As dar as glory holes, when I frist started sucking cock I was there every day, loved the variety. Once in awhile I'll vist one 1"dew ! d's

Where do people meet for NSA encounters that aren't in an ABS?

Quote Originally Posted by Go fore it View Post
    Hey guys. is anyone experianceing problems with CL ?. since last friday no pics are showing on any post !!! not even the sites email addy will show. was going to email them about the problem but cant find their email addy. if you can help in geting them to fix the problem, Thanks.
    Craigs list has NO support, ZILCH!!!