Register

What does being poly mean to you?

I've been away for a while now my last relation didn't work out. Met a woman & we got married! YAY! She has always been attracted to other women. A while back she started about a unicorn/triad. Never heard of either to be honest Now it's my understanding that the reason for the name unicorn is because they are so hard to find. Forgive me here don't mean to offend anyone I'm not great with certain terms when it comes to this topic. I also understand that most of the time the relationships go down in flames for various reasons. I would love to know what all this means to those who have tried this themselves or are in a triad themselves.

thanks in advance.

Re: What does being poly mean to you?

Quote Originally Posted by norwood067 View Post
    I've been away for a while now my last relation didn't work out. Met a woman & we got married! YAY! She has always been attracted to other women. A while back she started about a unicorn/triad. Never heard of either to be honest Now it's my understanding that the reason for the name unicorn is because they are so hard to find. Forgive me here don't mean to offend anyone I'm not great with certain terms when it comes to this topic. I also understand that most of the time the relationships go down in flames for various reasons. I would love to know what all this means to those who have tried this themselves or are in a triad themselves.

thanks in advance.
    "Relationships" like this do not last, and ultimately break up or drive apart, the people who are in them. Proceed with caution or do not have an open marriage/open relationship at all. What is called "Polyamory" is nothing but another term for an open relationship or open marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Somekindalove
    Polyamory is degenerate and only ends up denigrating and hurting both the male and female "partner," whether each one sees it or not at the time. This is the central problem of the very outdated "sexual revolution," sheer hedonism isn't the point of sexual relations, but rather, social order and procreation, anything other than this is bound to create nothing but misery. This is an iron law of human nature.

Being in an open marriage for me means freedom to love another, freedom to be honest with lovers and myself, freedom to accept responsibility for my own happiness. There are bumps in the road as with other forms of relationships. If love is valued then, any work needing done by any involved is not a chore at all. That's what it means to me.

Others may have differing views and that is fine. Beware there will be both positive and negative views. Being honest, have seen the positive and negative of living an open relationship. I would compromise if needed yet for my self, rather would not have any other form of relationship.

Hope this has been helpful.

Polyamory works great for me and my wife. We love each other and are happily married, yet we get to fuck other people and even fall in love with them. But it is something you definitely don't want to rush into without some knowledge, research, and introspection. Here are some resources to get started with:

http://polyweekly.com

https://www.morethantwo.com

http://www.pepperminty.com

If you are curious to poly relationship, you should know what is "polyamory" and what it will bring to you and what do you want to get from that. After knowing well these concept, you may need some resources to have a poly date: 1. Directly search words "poly dating" or related in Google; 2. Find out some forums; 3. Social groups, but should avoid scammers; 4. Friends recommend.

This page list Openminded, Adultfriendfinder, Beyondtwo, you can know more details.

I've tried Polyamory, and to be frankly honest, it didn't work....There is that Green ​Eyed Monster out there called Jealousy, and it lurks within each one of us.

If used in polyamory, it means love of more than one person. If used in polysexual, it means love of more than one sex or gender...therefore is equal to bisexual. My not-so-humble opinion.