Register
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Unofficial Community Leader

Re: Silly countdown game

Not the ostrich hiding its head in the sand type, Void.
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

Quote Originally Posted by pepperjack View Post
    Not the ostrich hiding its head in the sand type, Void.
    Maybe not but honestly, what can you do to alter what external forces cause to be?

No, not speaking of aliens here. We all face external forces. We have to curtail to other people, nature, physics, ideas. There comes a point when a person has to let go and understand what is beyond their control, is beyond their control.

You maybe can pray for a change. And no, not meaning that in a smart or disparaging manner. I am genuinely saying prayer may be all you have to attempt change. That may, or may not be enough depending on your perceptions of it. Hopefully, I am being civil enough here. I sincerely am hoping your prayers can help bring changes for the better.

The realist and pragmatist I am though reserves doubts. That aside better to light a candle in darkness than curse darkness.

3 different ways to locate wild mink along riversides if I remember what my uncle taught.

Quote Originally Posted by void() View Post
    Maybe not but honestly, what can you do to alter what external forces cause to be?

No, not speaking of aliens here. We all face external forces. We have to curtail to other people, nature, physics, ideas. There comes a point when a person has to let go and understand what is beyond their control, is beyond their control.

You maybe can pray for a change. And no, not meaning that in a smart or disparaging manner. I am genuinely saying prayer may be all you have to attempt change. That may, or may not be enough depending on your perceptions of it. Hopefully, I am being civil enough here. I sincerely am hoping your prayers can help bring changes for the better.

The realist and pragmatist I am though reserves doubts. That aside better to light a candle in darkness than curse darkness.
    Strive against, wrong, evil, injustice, for starters? Every pebble in the pond makes its ripples.

My understanding of prayer is that it's the sincere yearning of the heart.

I'm also a realist which is why I'm glad I'm getting older. Granted, I've lived a hard life but I've been spared horrors & incredible heartache others have endured.

Interestingly, I used to have a poster hanging in my apartment with the exact reference to the candle.
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

Strive against, wrong, evil, injustice, for starters? Every pebble in the pond makes its ripples.
    Interestingly, I used to have a poster hanging in my apartment with the exact reference to the candle.
    Agreed on striving against, even if at times you overlook waves. Understand too ripples make waves.

Ah, that must be it. I keep visiting you. Got lost when the poster came down off the wall. Now, I see how you are, let a bud get lost. *sighs* Not sure what to do about that.

2 - cheaters who can't accept loss

You both know darned well what you're doing and that it's not in the spirit of the game.
    I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)

Quote Originally Posted by Annika L View Post

You both know darned well what you're doing and that it's not in the spirit of the game.
    Huh? Straying off topic a little is not cheating.
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

Agreed and apologies.

1 unified nation in awe

7. Mickey Mantle's uniform number. I remember seeing him play. OK, so I'm old... (!)

Oh, nevermind! I wasn't at the end of the thread!! (Told you I was old...!)

43 years on Earth for me, living, learning, loving and still more to go.

Huh? Straying off topic a little is not cheating.
    Straying off topic is part of the game. Not continuing the count when it would be at your strategic disadvantage to continue the count violates the spirit of the game. Each post must continue the count (and start a new one when 1 is reached).

42, obviously, is the answer to the Great Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
    I hope my achievements in life shall be these: that I will have fought for what was right and fair, that I will have risked for that which mattered, that I will have given help to those who were in need...that I will have left the earth a better place for what I've done and who I've been. (C. Hoppe)

Straying off topic is part of the game. Not continuing the count when it would be at your strategic disadvantage to continue the count violates the spirit of the game. Each post must continue the count (and start a new one when 1 is reached).

42, obviously, is the answer to the Great Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
    Was it really? When in the end the ultimate question was 6×9 as I remember...

41.. or 6×9-13...
    Last edited by darkeyes; Aug 7, 2015 at 5:20 PM.
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me. Old 41......one of the cabs I used to drive. Dependable old beast.
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

oi... get ur own no.... mine is 40 this time round!
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

The 39 Steps, Alfred Hitchcock thriller I watched as a boy at the local drive-in theater, iconic feature of the American landscape fading into obscurity.
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

No 38 on Fran's list of fave films... Darling wiv Julie Christie ...who has no less than 9 films in me top 50 headed up by her Far From The Madding Crowd 1 of the few films I consider greater than the book and serpently miles better than the Carey Mulligan version... am I allowed 37 2 cos 1 is 37 places above 38..

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyes View Post
    Was it really? When in the end the ultimate question was 6×9 as I remember...

41.. or 6×9-13...
    Clearly there was a miscalculation somewhere. I put my trust in Deep Thought over a bunch of mystics any day.

37 - #eggs in 3 dozen, when the rooster pecks the foot of the counter and distracts him mid-count

Clearly there was a miscalculation somewhere. I put my trust in Deep Thought over a bunch of mystics any day.

37 - #eggs in 3 dozen, when the rooster pecks the foot of the counter and distracts him mid-count
    *coff coff splutter coff splutter*.. Deep thro.... oooooooo silly me.... Deep Thought u sed...

36.. age I am trying not to be in just over a month but am gonna lose methinks...

Needless angst, Dark. A powerhouse, human dynamo I was at 35; in my physical prime, so are you.
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

34 bottles of beer on the wall; 34 bottles of beer...

I'd like to have 33 of these during this sweltering week-end. http://www.mensjournal.com/food-drin...rfest-20150807
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

32 = 2^5

31-days in february

My old mantra......"don't trust anyone over 30." Rebellious generation.
    FIRE IN THE BELLY

29 strikes of hammer a spike nail took

Quote Originally Posted by sysper View Post
    31-days in february
    28...numbers of peeps at our last org.. oops soz... party..

..and 27... age of a tree surgeon...

26 letters in English alphabet

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyes View Post
    ..and 27... age of a tree surgeon...
    *snerk* but

*calls foul on Fran...posters cannot decrease the count more than once before someone else does it (i.e., no twice in a row and can't countdown twice in one post).* We'll let it slide.

25 - my spiritual age