Register

Adult Circumcision Story

1. Sundazzled
    Unlike most boys born in the mid-1950s, my parents, for whatever reason, opted not to have me circumcised at birth. I never gave it much thought, that is, until I reached middle school and my uncut state subjected me to a lot of crude locker room comments and not-so-god-natured teasing. Similarly, I endured a fair number of puzzled looks and awkward questions in my late teens when dating girls inevitably led to what we used to call “heavy petting.” Even in my 30s when I became active in social nudism, I found myself self-consciously pushing back my foreskin so I’d appear to be circumcised most other nudist guys. For a time, I even went to the extreme of wearing a decorative sterling silver ring that fit securely behind the head of my penis, and kept my floppy foreskin from rolling forward over my glans1

Now, for what it’s worth, few of my sexual partners over the years ever noticed or questioned my uncut state because, as I became erect, my foreskin retracted almost completely, giving me an essentially circumcised appearance. When I started exploring my bi side, one fellow, Bruce, was quite enamored with my foreskin, as it made it possible “docking” with one another.

Finally, in an effort to please a sexual partner who thought my uncut cock somehow unhygienic, I opted, once and or all, to part ways with my problematic prepuce at the age of 50.

For reasons of cost, I opted to have my circ done under local anesthetic right in the urologist’s office, rather than in the hospital. After some initial discussions about placement of my circumcision scar, and how much of the inner mucosa I wanted to preserve, the doc performed a freehand scalpel circumcision, which he said would heal more quickly, and leave an almost imperceptible hairline scar about an inch below the head. The doc recommended a moderately tight circumcision, which would still allow the shaft skin to slide back and forth a bit during masturbation.

The procedure took about 45 minutes start to finish. Except for the last 10 minutes or so when the anesthetic began wearing off while I was still being sutured up, the operation was a breeze. Healing was another matter. First, I was directed to refrain from sex for two whole weeks – something of a record for me in that phase of life. Similarly, I was instructed to avoid getting an erection, which was problematic, as my penis sometimes seems to have a mind of its own.

I guess I healed more quickly than expected, because I was ready to resume masturbation at about the ten day mark and full-out intercourse at about two weeks. My nudist friends ad sexual partners all agreed that the bare knob look was more aesthetically pleasing, and I’d have to agree.

Post surgery, I did note some loss of sexual sensation, probably because the incision truncated my frenulum, that super-sensitive little band of highly innervated tissue running from the underside of the head down the shaft. The doc said some sensation might also be lost as the supple skin covering my glans dried out keritinized. The upside is that a small loss of sensation resulted in a significant increase in my sexual staying power. I wasn’t about to complain that I had to screw a little longer and thrust a little deeper to achieve orgasm, and neither were my partners.