Register

Some advice

1. SomethingTasteful
    SomethingTasteful
    I joined here to provide some advice and pointers relating to ED. While I can get it up, I have some idea of the progression and how it messes with your head.

Some points:
    1. In many if not most cases of ED in middle aged guys and older, ED is just one symptom of metabolic syndrome.
    2. Metabolic syndrome in its extreme also involves heart disease, high BP, diabetes, etc, for which many Drs will treat the symptoms, yet often making things worse over time.
    3. Metabolic disorders can be reversed with a number of dietary protocols that severely limit or eliminate carbohydrates, limit cheap oils, moderate good quality protein, and shift the balance of calories to healthy fats. This could mean many things, from a ketogenic diet, Mediterranean, carnivore, paleo, and several intermittent fasting schedules.
    4. An intermittent fasting schedule will radically outperform any other diet alone; it induces periodic autophagy, a process that clears glucose damaged proteins and promotes stem cells; it also is effective at lowering body weight and restoring blood flow.
    5. High intensity resistance exercise, even just for 10 -20min a day, also promotes autophagy and improves NO status.

The earlier you respond to the signals your body is giving the better chance of recovery you have. Eventual we are all going to kick off this planet, but it is possible to stop and reverse metabolic disorders including (many instances of) ED.