PDA

View Full Version : White Zombie

heavyfnmetal
Sep 1, 2010, 6:34 AM
Hey, I haven't been to this site in a year.

Anyone remember White Zombie? I've been listening to them since I was 11 and I'm 27 now. I'm listening to them right now because it's 6:30 in the morning and I can't sleep.

Sorry for wasting your time. :crosseye:

-Metal

lilbitsva
Sep 1, 2010, 10:24 AM
No i haven't heard of them but i will look them up listen to them and let you know

void()
Sep 1, 2010, 11:20 AM
I remember White Zombie. Unfortunately, I only listen to just plain old Zombie or his brother Spyder's band Powerman 5000. Also get into Iron Maiden, rush, Zep, Priest, Ozzy. Cut my teeth on Ac/Dc and now wish someone would really promo the shit out of Airborne. I'll listen to Kiss but rather hear Accept or Molly Hatchet, AIC, Suicidal Tendencies. Not a big 'Talica fan anymore but can listen to 'em.

My wife shakes her noggin about Spyder. I tell her he's gay. "What a waste", she says. I think me and her would have to fight over who had his kids.

Lately, been cutting the metal and enjoying some Big Band '20's jazz. Glenn Miller, Satchmo, doris Day sweet tunes that keep you from going full psycho.

heavyfnmetal
Sep 2, 2010, 1:42 PM
No i haven't heard of them but i will look them up listen to them and let you know

I'm glad you're actually going to take the time to listen to them.

heavyfnmetal
Sep 2, 2010, 2:00 PM
I remember White Zombie. Unfortunately, I only listen to just plain old Zombie or his brother Spyder's band Powerman 5000. Also get into Iron Maiden, rush, Zep, Priest, Ozzy. Cut my teeth on Ac/Dc and now wish someone would really promo the shit out of Airborne. I'll listen to Kiss but rather hear Accept or Molly Hatchet, AIC, Suicidal Tendencies. Not a big 'Talica fan anymore but can listen to 'em.

My wife shakes her noggin about Spyder. I tell her he's gay. "What a waste", she says. I think me and her would have to fight over who had his kids.

Lately, been cutting the metal and enjoying some Big Band '20's jazz. Glenn Miller, Satchmo, doris Day sweet tunes that keep you from going full psycho.

Spider is gay? I can't find anything on him being gay. I've met him after a show once and shot the shit with him for a while and he didn't come across that way. I told him he reminded me of Billy Idol because had his spikey blonde hair and was wearing a union jack tshirt. All he could do was laugh a little and say "why do people keep telling me that?"

I like pretty much all the bands you mentioned, but I'm not too much into Hatchet, I like a little Kiss, never heard of Accept, and I can only handle a little Priest at a time as Rob Halfords voice kinda grates my nerves... which I don't get considering I like Cradle of Filth and all kinds of crazy ass metal.

As for big band stuff, what are your thoughts Duke Ellington?

Pasadenacpl2
Sep 2, 2010, 7:05 PM
I saw White Zombie in a very small club in Las Cruces New Mexico back in the early 90s. They rocked then..adn Rob only got better later.

Pasa

void()
Sep 3, 2010, 6:34 AM
"Spider is gay?"

So I have heard, of course, you can hear anything from anyone at any time. It really doesn't matter to me if he is or isn't, just what I'd heard.

"As for big band stuff, what are your thoughts Duke Ellington?"

Cookin', when I get into the jazz state S'all good man. But then I'm a real weirdo, can play connect the tunes with heavy metal and classical, especially stuff from Maiden. Harris is tricky like that.

Accept was an East German band that did lots of stuff later copied by Mettalica, Anthrax and various other speed metal groups. One of the guitarists from the group is rumored to have played three guitars at once during a studio recording, then later on tour for a while. And yes, he grinded out sweet shit while doing it, some of the best axe lickin' you may hear. Princess of The Dawn, Balls to the Wall, Neon Nights, Fast as a Shark are probably about their best tunes, Fast As, being the one that sort of became the grandfather of speed metal.