PDA

View Full Version : HTML5... as technology grows...

littlerayofsunshine
Aug 31, 2010, 10:44 AM
This is a pretty cool thing. Interactive.. Best viewed in google chrome (which i didn't have, but worked in firefox) Turn off other applications for best performance and don't have any other tabs open. Slower processors won't be able to handle it well I don't think. Use your childhood address and don't forget to write a postcard to your child self :)

Amazing.....Enjoy the run *Smiles*

http://www.thewildernessdowntown.com/

abstruse_ric
Aug 31, 2010, 12:47 PM
Cool. I ran it on a Macbook Pro using Firefox 3.6 with no serious problems. The song is great.

tenni
Aug 31, 2010, 2:33 PM
That was kind of kewl. I also used my macbook pro. Let's see...uh...2,8 GHz, 4GB, 500 GB, 7200rpm, 512Mb/Ram

I'm a video artist and liked the opening windows. I did have a wee problem closing them all down though. I had to force shut down. I didn't have google chrome but it was worth it...lol I used Firefox...dunno which one though..just downloaded it a few months ago.

Thanks. I may pass it on to video artists that I know who are more savy techies than I am.

littlerayofsunshine
Aug 31, 2010, 2:38 PM
That was kind of kewl. I also used my macbook pro. Let's see...uh...2,8 GHz, 4GB, 500 GB, 7200rpm, 512Mb/Ram

I'm a video artist and liked the opening windows. I did have a wee problem closing them all down though. I had to force shut down. I didn't have google chrome but it was worth it...lol I used Firefox...dunno which one though..just downloaded it a few months ago.

Thanks. I may pass it on to video artists that I know who are more savy techies than I am.

Hmmm. That's strange. It opens and closes all the windows itself once it's finished. So far, out of 50+ friends that's the first time i have heard of an issue.

Sorry you had to force close.

But glad you had a little joy out of it.

abstruse_ric : I enjoyed the song too :)

tenni
Aug 31, 2010, 2:41 PM
lol...I may be a bad boy...I think that I started to move the windows around and may have mucked it up... I guess that I was trying to be interactive with it...:bigrin:

abstruse_ric
Aug 31, 2010, 4:52 PM
lol...I may be a bad boy...I think that I started to move the windows around and may have mucked it up... I guess that I was trying to be interactive with it...:bigrin:

That's funny, that's what I did. I didn't realize all the new windows were intended, and started moving and resizing them. I should run the site again but I don't think I compromised the presentation.

littlerayofsunshine
Aug 31, 2010, 8:22 PM
I downloaded google chrome, just to see it the right way, and it was so fantastic. I was blown away. Even saw my old apartment and the church across the street from it.

DuckiesDarling
Aug 31, 2010, 9:49 PM
Okay that was awesome, I ran it in Firefox. But my view didn't change much considering I live just up the hill from my parents and that's where I grew up :)

Thanks for posting.

abstruse_ric
Aug 31, 2010, 10:37 PM
I downloaded google chrome, just to see it the right way, and it was so fantastic. I was blown away. Even saw my old apartment and the church across the street from it.

I downloaded Chrome, too, just to see how it might differ from Firefox. I noticed it ran a more smoothly and precisely. I'm in awe of the programming.