PDA

View Full Version : got a question 4 yaz

jakrabit
Apr 4, 2006, 12:32 AM
question... how in the world does someone go about being who they are around people who wont accept anyone other than those who see what they see and follow what they follow, when i usually lead... Im in south dakota, and if anyone has been here or anywhere like here, then you know they are a bunch of rednecks, gangsta wannabes and have problems with people who happen to speak their mind, nonetheless someone who is interested in guys and girls, mbut they have yet to have that confirmed all they are doing now is sticking with the rumor that i am gay, rascist, and the rest of the above... i havent told anyone here... cept a few, and they were proabably the ones to turn on me... but what can one do in order to go on and do what they do without having eveyone try to step up to bring me down or anyone in my place... does anyone catch what im saying here? im confuzzled from the get go...
jakrabit

Long Duck Dong
Apr 4, 2006, 2:07 AM
roflmao....

I live in a small town in new zealand, and its a bible run town lol
I am a bisexual male, living with a gay male boarder... and i am a practising male wicca witch.....so you can imagine just how high on the popularity charts, I am lol

i deal with christian people in a straight forward way..... they wanna slam my lifestyle and rubbish my beliefs, and i will return the favour by ripping the christian faith apart and pointing out just how hypocritical the christian faith is
as for the morons in the local pub... ~ grins ~ i can back up my words with a few years in the forces and a 3rd dan black belt

generally people learn very fast, that behind the lifestyle is a very intelligent, kind, caring and respectful person.... and they have the choice of taking it or leaving it...lol... but one day, this * disgusting and immoral * person may be their counsellor, their theurapist, their carpenter, mechanic, weilder and any of the other trades I have studied

the day that the local church held their anti gay rally, I was one of the people that helped transport people and cook the meals....and nobody died and god struck nobody dead cos of it

lol its only the narrow minded bigots that really get in ya face, that truely have a issue within themselves to deal with... cos they are the people that can't look in a mirror without a mask over their face to hide the fact that they can't face themselves for what they truely are

meteast chick
Apr 4, 2006, 4:12 AM
I am originally from a town of 1500 people. Not only did I spring the fact that I'm getting divorced on my mom this weekend, I also told her I'm bi and perhaps more than that. She was incredibly supportive.

Personally, and this is easier said than done...I don't want friends who don't want me, who will judge because of who I am. Forget them. You are NOT the only person in S. Dakota who is bi or gay, guaranteed. If you are concerned with retaliation, that's a whole nother subject.

That's my :2cents: ,
luv and kisses,
xoxoxoxo
meteast

rumple4skin
Apr 4, 2006, 4:01 PM
I think you can find hate or intolerance anywhere you go. I am very selective about who I spend my free time with. I do speak my mind but try to do it in a non confrontational way unless I have to be confrontational. I do not let narrow-minded people into my personal life and if people want to talk about me behind my back oh well. It has happened before and will happen in the future. I am pretty tolerant of other people unless they throw their intolerance in my face. When it comes down to it at the end of the day what matters most is how I feel about me and what the people I care about and care about me say to me. The people who want to talk about me or judge me without getting to know me are not worth getting to know. I try not to expend too much energy worrying about them. I try to accept me for who I am and the more I do that the less I care weather others do or not. I often feel pity for the narrow minded folks out there because they are the ones that are so full of turmoil and unhappiness that they do not like what they see when they look at themselves and need other people to tell them they are ok or worth something.

Nisse
Apr 6, 2006, 8:03 PM
I'm sorry to hear that those whom you told turned on you. Or maybe they haven't turned on you, even if they told someone a secret that they couldn't keep? I don't know.

How about just getting out of there? Go somewhere else and work or study for a while, in an environment where no one knows you and you have to make new friends. Go lose yourself and find yourself again.
And then go back and buy the town you live in. And everybody starts looking at you, dressing like you and behaving like you. And you say ,,why are you all acting like parrots? Stop it, you fouls!".

Yeah.

Nisse