PDA

View Full Version : 36 hours

TaylorMade
Aug 10, 2010, 5:19 PM
And tonite and tomorrow will prolly be the two longest shifts ever. Or at least feel like it. I'm realizing that I can't wear my tank top w/o a bra, cause I stretched it out from when I was heavier. I should put more sample chocolates out. They're shaped like little white butts, and taste awesome. I'm just surprised at how much shit I've gotten done. But I still have a lot to do. Like printing out boarding passes.

Ugh, only 5:15. Come on!

Check back if ya wanna watch me suffer in anticipation.

*Taylor*

Flounder1967
Aug 10, 2010, 7:43 PM
You go girl

DuckiesDarling
Aug 10, 2010, 8:53 PM
Woot go Taylor go

TaylorMade
Aug 10, 2010, 10:05 PM
Ya can't quite say "Go Taylor go!" cause I ain't gone nowhere yet! >.< BTW, the lows are in the 50's over there. The hale! I'm from Florida, 50's don't start till January. He'd better have blankets or sleep on top of me. :-P

*Taylor*

MarieDelta
Aug 10, 2010, 11:50 PM
Ya can't quite say "Go Taylor go!" cause I ain't gone nowhere yet! >.< BTW, the lows are in the 50's over there. The hale! I'm from Florida, 50's don't start till January. He'd better have blankets or sleep on top of me. :-P

*Taylor*

Its a dry cold though, Taylor. Very little hummidity to go along with the cold.

So it wont be as cold as 50 degrees in FL.

DuckiesDarling
Aug 11, 2010, 1:31 AM
Woot go Taylor go

Fine "Get Ready, Taylor, Get Set, Taylor" :tong:

TaylorMade
Aug 11, 2010, 1:35 AM
Its a dry cold though, Taylor. Very little hummidity to go along with the cold.

So it wont be as cold as 50 degrees in FL.

A dry cold just doesn't sound right. . .That can be a bad thing too... because when I lived in Orlando...we weren't near the water, so along with the landlocked heat that along with the humidity caused me to see almost triple digit days in August...we would get these BONE CRUSHING winters...where w/o the slightly warmer sea breeze, we'd get this crisp, piercing cold that caused me to look at my then boyfriend and say... "YOU go to the cafeteria to get coffee. I'm not getting out of bed."

"But I'm not even a student."

"Get my ID out my purse and if they have a problem, tell them to call me."

*Taylor*

TaylorMade
Aug 11, 2010, 1:43 AM
Fine "Get Ready, Taylor, Get Set, Taylor" :tong:

And when I DO go? Fuck . . . do you know how hard it is to get a direct flight? I change planes twice. :p

"Hi, American Airlines Desk, Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport."

"Hey, I'd like to get a quote on a direct flight to SLC."

"SLC?"

"Yeah. . .just figure after I'm done booking this trip to O'Hare, ya'll could give me a roundabout figure . . .if FLL is a problem ,you can do MIA."

"ooooohhh. . . I don't know, that's gonna be a problem."

"Why? This is in the United States, right? It's not like I'm flying to Tehran here."

"Well, I CAN get you an almost direct flight to Tehran, you change planes in Amsterdam."

http://www.bingegamer.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/facepalm-original.jpg

*Taylor*

DuckiesDarling
Aug 11, 2010, 1:57 AM
And when I DO go? Fuck . . . do you know how hard it is to get a direct flight? I change planes twice. :p

"Hi, American Airlines Desk, Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport."

"Hey, I'd like to get a quote on a direct flight to SLC."

"SLC?"

"Yeah. . .just figure after I'm done booking this trip to O'Hare, ya'll could give me a roundabout figure . . .if FLL is a problem ,you can do MIA."

"ooooohhh. . . I don't know, that's gonna be a problem."

"Why? This is in the United States, right? It's not like I'm flying to Tehran here."

"Well, I CAN get you an almost direct flight to Tehran, you change planes in Amsterdam."

http://www.bingegamer.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/facepalm-original.jpg

*Taylor*

ROFL....tell me about it, think I could go straight from Louisville to LA then to Auckland then off to Christchurch... Nope gotta stop off at O'Hare first. We won't even talk about layover times on international flights.

TaylorMade
Aug 11, 2010, 2:07 AM
My aunt is a retired diplomat for the Jamaican government. I think she had a layover once on the way back from Japan in Hong Kong (I THINK) for like 10-15 hours, when it was all factored in.

Like most people, she LOVES AU and NZ, but hates the flight.

*Taylor*

DuckiesDarling
Aug 11, 2010, 2:15 AM
hardest part was no smoking for the 12 or so hours of the flight but the airbus was awesome. Watched a couple great movies since the back of each seat had a little television in it, headphones so you don't bother anyone else. You can bet the first thing I did after customs and even before calling LDD to let him know I was actually in the country was go smoke.

MarieDelta
Aug 11, 2010, 9:26 AM
A dry cold just doesn't sound right. . .That can be a bad thing too... because when I lived in Orlando...we weren't near the water, so along with the landlocked heat that along with the humidity caused me to see almost triple digit days in August...we would get these BONE CRUSHING winters...where w/o the slightly warmer sea breeze, we'd get this crisp, piercing cold that caused me to look at my then boyfriend and say... "YOU go to the cafeteria to get coffee. I'm not getting out of bed."

"But I'm not even a student."

"Get my ID out my purse and if they have a problem, tell them to call me."

*Taylor*

Even Orlando (Average high around 90%) has more humidity than SLC(Average high around 53%.) By comparison Miami is dryer than Orlando, at least acording to NOAA.

Bring lotion, lots and lots of lotion. Beware of ashy dead skin (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_cure_ashy_skin).

TaylorMade
Aug 11, 2010, 7:07 PM
I'm out of work! I bought some extra stuff, and got some free shit too! I'm with my g/f , and we're re-repacking. Now sleep? That's gonna be rough. Any suggestions?

*Taylor*

MarieDelta
Aug 11, 2010, 7:10 PM
I'm out of work! I bought some extra stuff, and got some free shit too! I'm with my g/f , and we're re-repacking. Now sleep? That's gonna be rough. Any suggestions?

*Taylor*

Dont forget , you can sleep on the plane.

TaylorMade
Aug 12, 2010, 7:29 AM
Dont forget , you can sleep on the plane.

The flights are too short to get any substantive rest. Prolly on the Denver / SLC portion of the trip.

*Taylor*

TaylorMade
Aug 12, 2010, 12:01 PM
I know I'm from Miami because I'm honestly not used to nice people. If the people I encounter at Houston's airport are any indication, you may want to send some to Miami.

*Taylor *

TaylorMade
Aug 12, 2010, 3:25 PM
I saw The Rocky Mountains for the first time. So there's that. :bigrin:

*Taylor*

TaylorMade
Aug 12, 2010, 5:14 PM
Delays. Lots and lots of delays.<shakes fist at sky>

It's gonna be okay, it's gonna be okay. Relax, relate, release.

*Taylor*

littlerayofsunshine
Aug 12, 2010, 5:35 PM
Delays. Lots and lots of delays.<shakes fist at sky>

It's gonna be okay, it's gonna be okay. Relax, relate, release.

*Taylor*

Oh Don't release in public. You don't want a record. *grins* Release when you get there.

Have a lovely and HOT trip girl. Hang in there!

MarieDelta
Aug 12, 2010, 7:46 PM
Taylor called just now from the airport, made it in safe and sound.

Said something about making a scene in the Airport (grin)

TaylorMade
Aug 13, 2010, 4:18 AM
Yep, it's been fun so far. He doesn't know to sleep-in anymore, looks like I'll have to teach him. ;)

*Taylor*