PDA

View Full Version : Chicago

Bicuriousity
Jul 24, 2010, 11:43 PM
I thought id start a thread on the general topic of chicago and invite all the people who live here or like to visit.

So i have lived here for 1 year and am just starting to meet people.

Some questions:
What are some of your favorite things to do
What are some of your favorite bars, including bi friendly ones
What are the best gyms to workout at? Are there any good ones that would be nice to visit with a one day pass?
Where are your favorite places to people watch?

Any and all things Chicago are welcome. It would be neat if we could do topocs like this for other cities as well.

Bicuriousity
Jul 26, 2010, 8:31 PM
Speaking of chicago has anybody gone to one of those friday night encounters partys that are often held at hotels near ohare?

Jay45m
Jul 27, 2011, 3:10 PM
Speaking of chicago has anybody gone to one of those friday night encounters partys that are often held at hotels near ohare?

I'd like to know as well. I've always wanted to go but haven't made it to one yet.

JP1986UM
Jul 27, 2011, 3:59 PM
I've never been, the bitch that hosts them keeps playing games about where and when with me.

I would have gladly taken my BF to one and had a blast, but can't say I have anything to say about it...

12voltman59
Jul 27, 2011, 6:49 PM
I love Chicago---I don't get there as much as I might like--when I go there--I do the typical touristy sorts of things: go to check out the shopping on The Miracle Mile, go the museums, the Navy Pier, catch a game at Wriggly Field, hang out at some of those fun neighborhood bars in that area, maybe catch a live music act, eat at local eateries---some of the upscale variety and others of the types that might get featured on a TV show like "Man vs Food" or "Diners, Dives and Drive-Ins."

I would really like to spend more time there and explore the area even more.

Bicuriousity
Jul 27, 2011, 9:53 PM
I love Chicago---I don't get there as much as I might like--when I go there--I do the typical touristy sorts of things: go to check out the shopping on The Miracle Mile, go the museums, the Navy Pier, catch a game at Wriggly Field, hang out at some of those fun neighborhood bars in that area, maybe catch a live music act, eat at local eateries---some of the upscale variety and others of the types that might get featured on a TV show like "Man vs Food" or "Diners, Dives and Drive-Ins."

I would really like to spend more time there and explore the area even more.

If you come to visit sometime PM me, i am a former ohioan and itd be funnto hang out 12 volt

Bicuriousity
Jul 27, 2011, 9:55 PM
I've never been, the bitch that hosts them keeps playing games about where and when with me.

I would have gladly taken my BF to one and had a blast, but can't say I have anything to say about it...

I went to one of tue encounters parties last summer. It was very low turnout. I did chat with a bi couple there. There were also a couple gorgeous crossdressers or transexuals there. Havent went to one at the ohare hotel.

a_curious_guy_2010
Jul 27, 2011, 10:46 PM
I'll be in Chicago on business for a couple of weeks in August and Sept. One of my favorite places to visit.

If there are any folks that would like to get together and share a beer, feel free to PM me.

Also, if anyone has any information on bi-friendly get-togethers, like the aforementioned Ohare-area thing, I'd like to hear more details.

I went to one of tue encounters parties last summer. It was very low turnout. I did chat with a bi couple there. There were also a couple gorgeous crossdressers or transexuals there. Havent went to one at the ohare hotel.

cddm50
Jul 28, 2011, 1:17 AM
I lived in Chicago for about 4 weeks training for a job back in the early 80's and I loved the town. A couple of years later I went back to participate in a friend's graduation from the Second City comedy club/school. It was the best time. The graduating class had to put on a full feature comedy show for family and friends and I never laughed so hard in my life.

Later we went to celebrate at a club called Deja Vu on Lincoln ave near where my friend lived. Back in the 80's I think it was a more of a jazz/blues club (but checking online I see it may be recently closed after it went downhill). I remember putting on a nice beer buzz with my friend and just listening to their house band play (name long forgotten). It started off with about 6 people. As the night went on other musicians would just show up off the street with instrument in hand and joined in. By the end of the night it was a 12 piece band, and it all sounded great.

The show topper was when the band leader called to one of the patrons he knew to come sing a song, a black lady who had been drinking all night and was obviously quite tipsy. She didn't want to sing but the crowd cheered her on and she stumbled up on stage. My buddy commented that this was gonna bomb big time. Then she belted out a few sultry tunes. We were stunned. Everyone was blown away by her beautiful voice. We both swear we thought Billie Holiday was reincarnated.

We will never forget that night. I think that is the night I fell in love with Jazz.

I've been back to the city a few times since only for business. No longer have friends there and haven't been to the nightlife scene since.

HJ

CuriousInChicago
Feb 18, 2012, 9:31 PM

I've never heard of this...got a link?

CuriousInChicago
Feb 19, 2012, 12:22 PM

did you mean this?

http://www.meetup.com/Casual-Encounters-Club/
http://casualencountersclub.com/

terri
Feb 19, 2012, 2:21 PM
i lived there most of my life up until twelve years ago. plenty of great memories . and i am still a die hard cub fan . i lived in the lakeview neighborhood a few blocks from wrigley field.