PDA

View Full Version : First meeting of debating club Su April 2nd

PeterH
Mar 31, 2006, 8:01 AM
Hi all,

as promised, I here come up with the definitive date, time and topic for the first meeting for our online debating club.
It is to be held this Sunday, April 2nd, at the following local times:
Amsterdam (CET): 21.00 hours / 9 PM
London: 20.00 hrs / 8 PM
New York: 15.00 hrs / 3 PM
Los Angeles: 12.00 hrs / 12 AM

The topic will be "bisexuality: nature or nurture?"
We can try out a non-protected room first. if that doesn't work, we can move to a pw protected one.
If so, the password for it will be "bluecow"

I look forward to chatting with you all,

PeterH

meteast chick
Mar 31, 2006, 8:03 AM
Of course you would have to schedule this the very weekend when I'm going to be away!!!

That's allright, keep me posted please as to the next meeting...

luv and kisses,
meteast

Mimi
Mar 31, 2006, 1:41 PM
ditto! i'll sadly have to miss this first one, especially when i have some research-knowledge for the "nature vs. nurture" arguments, but will be ready to rock-n-roll for the next one!!

bitheway, i think that's **12pm** los angeles time. i don't think anyone will be debating at midnight here. :tong:

mimi :flag1:

rupertbare
Mar 31, 2006, 1:57 PM
Mimi it will be mid-day NOT midnight - you guys are BEHIND Europe (in all sorts of ways!!! lol!!!!) not ahead us us!! rofl!!!!! So much for YOUR education system!!

Peter I may be around - the cafe here stays open till 10:30pm - but I may not!!! lol!!

Whatever, I hope that it goes well my friend!!

Love and Peace

Rupe, London, UK. :)

Mimi
Mar 31, 2006, 2:13 PM
yes, that's what i said rupe --

12pm = noon
12am = midnight

the debate is at 12pm noon in LA. peter was the one that got it wrong, not me. :tong:

mimi :flag1:

Driver 8
Mar 31, 2006, 3:12 PM
bitheway, i think that's **12pm** los angeles time. i don't think anyone will be debating at midnight here.
I will keep that in mind the next time some smug LA'er tries to tell me they live in a 24-hour town, and Indianapolis rolls up the streets at nine :tong:

PeterH
Apr 2, 2006, 2:45 PM
Hurray, the debate starts in 20 mins!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

PeterH

DarkwaterUK
Apr 3, 2006, 7:46 PM
Missed this one due to attending a wedding...... would rather have been here!

Did I, and others miss much....... when is the next one?

Doug

Long Duck Dong
Apr 3, 2006, 8:45 PM
sorry i missed the last debate...lol

I am keenly interested in a intelligent debate, lol and cos i live in nz, my time zone is GMT+ 12... so just post the london times and i can work it out from there

rupertbare
Apr 4, 2006, 6:26 AM
((((((((((Peter H))))))))))

So, mate, how did it go????????

You should post up details!!!

Rupe :)

The Cheshire Cat
Apr 5, 2006, 1:00 PM
Ditto (the above). :bigrin:

PeterH
Apr 9, 2006, 3:57 PM
Hi all,

thanks for posting and expressing an interest in how the first meeting went.
To be honest: it sort of was not a complete success. There were too few people there, so it got cancelled.
I got the impression that the reason fot this was that it wasn't planned long enough in advance, and I didn't check with people enough to be sure that enough people could make it.
I drew the conclusion that, for setting up a new time, I need to check with all who are interested, to find a time that suits enough people to actually make the debate.
I will keep you all informed about a new date and time to start the club
All the best to you all, PeterH