PDA

View Full Version : A CALL TO ARMS

usedbear1950
Mar 30, 2006, 5:02 PM
Rupertbare Our Friend is in dire need. What can we do to help him? We cannot be helpless in his plight, even though that is how I feel.
I do not know the laws and workings of things in the UK.
Is there a goverment program that will help him?
Are there any private agencies that he can turn to?
Who can act as a liason with him while he has no internet connection?
I will help in any way that I can.
Will someone who knows how we can get help to him and in what manner it should come please post here.

Rupert hold on to the love of Proud Daughter. It may not house you or feed you but it will warm your heart. And a warm heart means the spirit is alive.

Lord, help us help our friend.

ur ever luvin
usedbear

arana
Mar 30, 2006, 5:35 PM
I hope someone will be able to let us know something since obviously most of us here in the U.S. don't know how legal issues work in the U.K. Is there any emergency funding for people there or shelters? This is such a helpless feeling when we're so far away.

MotherGoose
Mar 30, 2006, 5:49 PM
I for one, do not want anything to happen to Rupe! As Bear and Arana have said, we in the U.S. don't know the laws or any of the legal matters in the UK and feel as if our hands have been tied. I don't know what we'd do without him here with us! If any of our chat members in the UK know what to do, could you PLEASE help us out here!

And Rupe, our thoughts, love and prayers are with you ALWAYS!!!!! There has to be a light at the end of this damn tunnel! Hang on to your dad, PD!!! Let him know that he is not alone in all of this!!! We are a family here, and families help each other!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((RUPE))))))))))))))))))))))) )!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All my love, Macy

DarkwaterUK
Mar 30, 2006, 6:02 PM
As it happens, I work with a Housing Association (Social Housing) in the North West of England. I hope the following info is of some use:

UK legislation provides for the needs of homeless people for whatever reason they may have become so. The individual must either be homeless actual, or be threatened with immediate homelessness.

County Councils must provide temporary accommodation until more permanent accommodation becomes available. Granted, it is usually bed and breakfast accommodation; unless the County/Borough Councils have specific homeless accommodation; all of which are usually much better than hostels or B&B's. Regardless of the type of accommodation, it will only be provided as long as all of the criteria are met.

It is essential to get an address to enable, if necessary, one to claim Social Benefits; so even if it is the worst imaginable accommodation do not turn it down. That doesn't mean you have to sleep there (legally it does) as long as you go there every day to check the security of the place and collect any mail.

Usually if there is a blood relative living in another area one can also apply to that Council on the grounds of family ties. It is useful if you can get the support of the relative to back up your claim.

So, yes homelessness is an issue that has laws available to prevent it. I urge Rupe to speak directly with his local Council and also other supporting agencies in the area. Shelter is a brilliant organisation to make contact with.

Good luck
Doug

P.S. If there is anything specific you would like me to check up on for you Rupe I will be more than happy to help. Doug

nubiwoman
Mar 30, 2006, 6:03 PM
There are agencies here in the UK and Rupert will know how to contact them...

He does have a number should he choose to make phone contact with his online friends..

plus internet access in available freely in librarys and cheaply in cafes..

not much to offer, i know... but at least he knows he isn't completely alone..

the next move will have to come from rupe.. and he knows where to find us :flag2:

love Julie x

in the time its taken me to type this Darkwater has given the most reliable information there is.. cheers mate!...you have eased my mind a lot ;)

Alaric
Mar 30, 2006, 6:39 PM
Darkwater said it all very well!!

I am a licensed social worker in the USA and that is useless to an Englishman...

All of you in this forum should be very proud of yourselves... You are all the best of the human race you represent...!!!

If you read this Rupe... Pay heed to Darkwater's words. ;)

MotherGoose
Mar 30, 2006, 6:54 PM
Thank you Darkwater!!!! Appreciate all the info you just gave. Hopefully when Rupe comes into site for the last time, he will read this info, write it down, and take some action!!!!!!

We love you, Rupe!!! Hang in there! We're all on your side!

Love, Macy

DarkwaterUK
Mar 30, 2006, 7:43 PM
Rupe, if you are around; if not, anyone else what part of the UK are you living in currently? I have found a search service that will point you in the direction of some other services that can offer accommodation. If you want to try it yourself the link is:

http://homelessuk.org/search/searchService.asp?ds=1

Also, here is a useful telephone number:

Shelter's free housing advice helpline
0808 800 4444

Regards
Doug

trip1
Mar 30, 2006, 8:04 PM
Darkwater your majic! Although we have never talked what you have said in this forum speaks tons for you. Lets hope Rupe gets on line one last time to see what you have said.....

usedbear1950
Mar 30, 2006, 9:09 PM
Thank You All!
Rupert we love you and as you can see there are people here who will try to help you.
((((((((((((((((((((Rupert))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((bisexual.com))))))))))))))))))))

ur ever luvin
usedbear

m.in.heels&hose
Mar 30, 2006, 9:22 PM
As arana said, some of us here in the states do feel helpless when it comes to our loved & admired friends in the uk!

thank you dark water and huney for your help in this

rupe, please hold on to the love of proud daughter, and please accept the words and prayers from your family here at bisexual.com

if anyone knows how we can be of anymore help, please by all means ask (i am willing to do anything i can help with)

please ask!!!!!!!

with much concern
m.in.heels&hose

PS. rupe has given so much help and advice here, thats its our turn to give some of that back

:grouphug: for rupert

2fer'swife
Mar 30, 2006, 9:53 PM
((((((((((Usedbear)))))))) well done for getting this going! I've been frustrated that there seems to be nothing I can do from here!

((((((((((Darkwater)))))))))) Thank you for finding the information, I hope Rupert sees it!

(((((((((((Rupert)))))))))) We all care! please don't disappear.

Love,
P.

codybear3
Mar 30, 2006, 10:05 PM
Please, anyone that is involved or has direct impact with the UK legal issues that can help Rupert, please do so...

MotherGoose
Mar 30, 2006, 10:33 PM
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Darkwater))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're a godsend!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for all that you are doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rupe, you've got so many wonderful friends willing to help you!!!!! We all love you!!!!

((((((((((((((((((((Bisexual.Com)))))))))))))))))) )))))))!!!!!!!! What a wonderful family!!!!!!!

Love, Macy

P.S. A big bear hug ((((((((((((((((Bear))))))))))))))))!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for starting this!!!

BI BOYTOY
Mar 31, 2006, 2:25 AM
dear rupe im sorry to hear about your plight although im a world away and have no idea on the laws and such in the uk so i can not help in that sence. i just want you to know their are people out their who care love boy

huneypot
Mar 31, 2006, 5:02 AM
I really thu=ink all the responces u great guys have posted here will help him so so much,
i hope he gets the chance to read them, or prouddaughter does to pass the messages on,
The other concern i have for our friend Rupe is his financial situation,
I know this is the worst situation for him apart from his housing,
There are a lot of os here and perhaps we could help
i dont know if this is a stupid idea but i thought id trow it out to see some replys,
I thought maybe a collection for him, if he is willing to accept it, as he is a very proud guy,
we could perhaps get prouddaughter to set up an account we could transfere money into......???????????
what do u think all????
i know id like to......just to give him a start,
please please let me know
HUney
:bigrin:

2fer'swife
Mar 31, 2006, 5:26 AM
Huney,
I'm in. It's a fine idea, if he'll accept it.

texasman6172003
Mar 31, 2006, 6:58 AM
Hi Y'all. This family of ours continues to amaze me.You should be proud of how you are responding to our fellow comrade. I am very proud to belong to such a fine group of people. Lets help RUPE in any way we can y'all. I feel very frustrated in all that i can do is just offer moral support to RUPE and PROUD DAUGHTER... So RUPE please accept any help we can give you as a token of our love and respect for you,Love,,,Charles,,,Tex....

meteast chick
Mar 31, 2006, 7:45 AM
Huney, If I can throw some ruples at rupe I'd be happy to.

You know tho, the u.s. dollar to euro/lb. ratio really sucks(sorry, don't have the euro or pound symbol), but I'd scrounge up something I'm certain.

If Rupe gets this, or Prouddaughter can forward these posts to him...

Good luck my friend, you have friends upon friends here who only want the best for you.

Take care,
meteast

Mrs.F
Mar 31, 2006, 8:46 AM
OH, this is just so sweet! ((((((((((((((((Bear)))))))))))))))) for starting this thread and ((((((((((((((((((((DarkWater))))))))))))))))))))) ))) for finding information for Rupe to use. And for everyone that has shown how much we here are a family and will do anything to help each other.

Now, Rupe just has to come back and read all of this. It seems no one has had contact with him and I'm getting worried. :(

Wow, it brings tears to my eyes to read all the posts here. Amazing.

((((((((((((((((((((((Rupe))))))))))))))))))))) we love you dear!

Love, hugs, and kisses,
Mrs.F :)

proud daughter
Mar 31, 2006, 11:21 AM
WOW! what can i say? except thanks so much to all of you for looking out for my dad.
i know you are all worried but he is ok. he is in contact with me and still staying at my brothers for the time being so we know he is safe. he plans to go away for a bit while he sorts things out, but he wont be gone for long.
DarkWater....thankyou!!!! your info will be so useful!!
i am doing my best to make sure dad logs on and reads these posts even if he doesnt respond. as many of you have pointed out, there are internet cafes so he will still log on.
thankyou once again for all the love and support you have shown him.
i will keep every1 up to date, even if he doesnt himself.
(((((((((((())))))))))))) to everyone
Sarah (PD) x

nubiwoman
Mar 31, 2006, 12:17 PM
Sarah... how proud your dad must be of you ;)

.......I'm just glad that our community is able to provide such a safety net for you and your lovely troubled dad...

....... and we are here if ever you need us too hun :kay:

.......love julie x

proud daughter
Mar 31, 2006, 1:16 PM
hi julie
yeah i am very proud of my dad, and thanks for the offer of support...might just take you up on that!!

to all those who are worried, dad replied on the thread 'farewell....'

thanks again to everyone for their support and love...my dad needed it all so much..but hes doing good. and i, like so many of you have offered, will do all i can to help him.

sarah x

onewhocares
Mar 31, 2006, 1:19 PM
My Dearest Bear,

Now I know why I LOVE you. Your heart is as big as the whole outdoors. I too read about our Rupe and contacted PD immediately with offer of help. But this is amazing. We are family, wether by blood, or bond. Love and friendship binds us as one. Dark, you are a godsend. Mac a light to our shining lost soul. Proud Daughter-I would be so proud to have you as my daughter. AND Huney, my friend have come up with an idea. Not only are you beautiful, but smart. Bill and I will be glad to send a needed amount for Rupe. Just post the info, and the funds will be wired.

Let us all look into ourselves and see that this, but for the grace of god could be any of us. And I know that we will get our friend thru this. If anyone else has other ideas, please share.

Belle

proud daughter
Mar 31, 2006, 2:02 PM
hey rupe if you do read this thread can you check your emails??? please its important and might give you some good news
love sarah

rupertbare
Mar 31, 2006, 2:10 PM
(((((((Bear)))))))) you big old softy!!!!!!!!!! lol!!!!!!! :)

OK, folks - I am in sh*t but not down and out as yet!!!

Thanks for the love and support.

I have "Shelter's" telephone helpline # and the website is extremely useful, my son e-mailed it to me yesterday (Thursday 30th).

So thanks Darkwater.....if I do get bogged down in London I will get in touch - housing here is in crisis and single men without alcohol/drug/criminal rehab problems are right at the bottome of the pile!! lol!!

I'll be in and out of London for a while ..... it all seems to take so long.

The biggest problem is "proving" I am who I am claiming to be.
The documents that would do this are held by my wife ......inasmuch as they are in the Family Home to which I have no access and of course my wife is playing true to her vile self on this one.........not responding to my e-mails explaining what I need. I should say that I am surprised......but sad to say I no longer am. She wants me gone .......then when the chance of that happening comes along....she denies it to me. All I can say is...... well no I won't say. lol!!! :bigrin:

Oh and money wise - I have no prob.s - better off than many and poorer than many - kind in the middle......kinda "bi" lol!!! But thanks for the thought huney!!

So guys, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Rupe :)
bugger PD just beat me to a reply!!!

proud daughter
Mar 31, 2006, 2:15 PM
ok thought id add my bit again....
now while i would be the first one to say my mums not been playing nice in all of this....shes not vile.
she has, about 30mins ago, dropped your documents off at a friend of the families house, without me having to ask.
i have sent you an email stating this and also why she hasnt replied.
so...you have you documents!!
xxxxx

MotherGoose
Apr 1, 2006, 1:21 AM
What a wonderful group of people! Everyone came to the aid of Rupe when he needed us the most! Just by posting, he knows how much he is loved by all. I am truly proud to be a member of this website! You're all great! And PD, what a wonderful daughter you are!

((((((((((((((((((((((((bisexual.com)))))))))))))) ))))))))))!!!!!!!!!

I love you, Rupe!

Love, Macy