PDA

View Full Version : Confuzzled

alli_smiles
Jul 10, 2010, 5:23 AM
I think I have created a problem I don't have a solution to. The condensed version is I have been taking some positive risks with good results- from getting my poetry published and going to open mic night, to walking up to someone and just saying they were beautiful. So I talk to my BFF of 20 yrs, tell her i really want to stop hiding pieces of myself, talk about what its like to be bi in a world where I feel I am not accepted in either camp....And life is good. She gets it..Or so i thought....and then she calls less and less, and we go to lilith fair together,and i am having a great time, and afterwards, she tells me "if I ever see another lesbian it will be too soon" makes a few other choice remarks I really don't like, and it feels like she is rejecting me..I know - you have probably heard it all before , but I am out to my lovers and some of my friends, but not to many because of stuff like this and it really hurts, and i don't know what to do.

DuckiesDarling
Jul 10, 2010, 5:30 AM
Honey, there is not much you can do but continue with your life. It's not that she was never really your friend or anything like that. But a major change in a friendship might have pushed her out of her comfort zone. Just let it go for a bit and don't push. In time she may be more accepting but let's face it not everyone on this earth is comfortable with a bi or with being a part of the bi lifestyle. There is nothing wrong with that and don't think that there is something wrong with either you or her. People just can change when things come out such as the sexual orientations that put you in another category right now for her.

Congrats on getting your poetry published and I wish you all the best.

alli_smiles
Jul 10, 2010, 5:36 AM
Thanks...I just feel caught right now. I don't want to alienate friends and family, but I am sick of hiding.:flag1: