PDA

View Full Version : Message from Mikey, Canada

tenni
Jul 9, 2010, 10:13 AM
Hi
I woke up this morning to find that I had received a text message from Mikey. Some of you will recognize his name. He is the Canuck who lives in Toronto with his wife, two kids and his mother.

He has made many posts and threads on this site. I think that his latest was "Can I pull this off" where he was commenting on his life and a lover who also was partnered. He had introduced his lover to his wife, kids and mother and was about to take a trip to visit his lover down in the US.

Mikey's wife and mother both have cancer. The last that I heard from him about their health is that they are both doing as well as may be expected. His wife continues her chemo and his mom has decided to let nature take its course. He hasn't exactly officially given me permission to post the next statement but Mikey just lost his job a few weeks ago. He emailed me that he felt that it would be ok for awhile financially and he was feeling positive about having a break from working for a bit.

He has asked me to tell you that he will not be on this site for awhile because to top everything else off....HIS FRICK'N HOUSE BURNED DOWN YESTERDAY!

There isn't a lot that most of you can do but he did ask that you pray for him. If he was not at his wits end before, this is event is well maybe overwhelming. He textd me just a minute ago that all humans are ok. His cat died and his dog is not doing very well. I'm not a praying type of man but even I send my positive thoughts to him and his family. This is incredible on two parts...his misfortune and I never thought that I'd be typing such a message on this site. So PLEASE PRAY OR SEND POSITIVE ENERGY ETC. TO MIKEY IF YOU ARE SO INCLINED. He thinks that he can use it.

Realist
Jul 9, 2010, 10:29 AM
Things like this make me wonder how cruel fate can be! I hope he was at least insured. My own insignificant issues seem minuscule, in comparison. How do people survive such tragedies............inner strength, faith, fortitude you never knew you had?

Surely, things will get better, after this! I pray that who ever's in charge UP THERE, will look after Mikey and his family.

Canticle
Jul 9, 2010, 10:32 AM
Hi
I woke up this morning to find that I had received a text message from Mikey. Some of you will recognize his name. He is the Canuck who lives in Toronto with his wife, two kids and his mother.

He has made many posts and threads on this site. I think that his latest was "Can I pull this off" where he was commenting on his life and a lover who also was partnered. He had introduced his lover to his wife, kids and mother and was about to take a trip to visit his lover down in the US.

Mikey's wife and mother both have cancer. The last that I heard from him about their health is that they are both doing as well as may be expected. His wife continues her chemo and his mom has decided to let nature take its course. He hasn't exactly officially given me permission to post the next statement but Mikey just lost his job a few weeks ago. He emailed me that he felt that it would be ok for awhile financially and he was feeling positive about having a break from working for a bit.

He has asked me to tell you that he will not be on this site for awhile because to top everything else off....HIS FRICK'N HOUSE BURNED DOWN YESTERDAY!

There isn't a lot that most of you can do but he did ask that you pray for him. If he was not at his wits end before, this is event is well maybe overwhelming. He textd me just a minute ago that all humans are ok. His cat died and his dog is not doing very well. I'm not a praying type of man but even I send my positive thoughts to him and his family. This is incredible on two parts...his misfortune and I never thought that I'd be typing such a message on this site. So PLEASE PRAY OR SEND POSITIVE ENERGY ETC. TO MIKEY IF YOU ARE SO INCLINED. He thinks that he can use it.

Oh my goodness, poor Mikey! What a lot to be landed on your plate, at the same time. I join you tenni, in sending Mikey as many positive thoughts, as possible and pray that he and his loved ones will come through all of this. I am sure that you will let him know, that he is our thoughts.

rissababynta
Jul 9, 2010, 10:47 AM
Oh my Lord that is so horrible! I will definitely be keeping them in my thoughts. I am not in a position at the immediate moment to help out financially, but I am sure I could send out some clothing or something of the sort if that is needed.

tenni
Jul 9, 2010, 10:59 AM
I just checked the two text messages that he sent me. I don't want to bother him with more or call as it is less than 24 hours since this happened. He wrote that he has lost absolutely everything.

I do not think that he is in a position to make any decisions about clothing. I am hopeful that some people or organization will be helping them with immediate clothing and lodging needs. Thanks Rissa. I will let him know of your offer in a day or so. I do not know anything other than the two text message contents. I offered to help him in any way that I might. It must be just overwhelming at this point. He does have a generally positive attitude and an amazing wife. Still, anyone in their position may be helped by good wishes.

csrakate
Jul 9, 2010, 11:07 AM
Sorry to hear of Mikey's problems...I will be keeping him and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jul 9, 2010, 1:02 PM
Oh Man....I knew about the probs he was having at home with his Mom and Lady, and knew that he was on an emotional rollercoaster. Tenni, when you can please tell him I send thoughts and prayers for him and his family.? I feel so horrible for him but theres little I can do from here. :(
Tell him Spirits Bless, please....
Sad Cat

csreef
Jul 9, 2010, 1:11 PM
You always think you have things bad untill you hear about someone else...Mikey pls know that you will be in my thoughts & Meditations...Be strong my friend..

DuckiesDarling
Jul 9, 2010, 1:59 PM
OMG Poor Mikey and his family. I've often heard the phrase that we are never tested beyond our ability to deal only to comprehend how to deal. My heart goes out to him and his family and I hope that there is at least insurance or something that will help them get back on track.

Dead Account
Jul 9, 2010, 3:05 PM
I'm at a loss for words. I am indeed a praying man, and an avid believer in the power of prayer. I also believe that God always has something in mind when there's this much devastation, although most of the time we are unable to see what it is. Godspeed to Mikey and everyone elses lives affected by this.

Prayers sent.

just4mefc
Jul 9, 2010, 3:33 PM
I wish him well in this crazy journey of life. Please pass along well wishes for him and his family! Sometimes we have to just breath in, breath out and take the victory. The house and all pales in comparison to the lives of his family.

Kiowa_Pacer
Jul 9, 2010, 3:53 PM
Omg....Please pass on our prayers and support. I know he doesnt know us, but its there none the less.
Kit and Ki

darkeyes
Jul 9, 2010, 4:41 PM
Soz things r bad forya Mikey.. thinkin ofya an urs an reely hope things get betta soon... kissie 2 all...:)

Annika L
Jul 9, 2010, 9:20 PM
Wow...that is kinda stunning. Mikey, I am sorry to hear of this tragedy, and I wish you the very best in getting things back together for yourself and your family!

onewhocares
Jul 9, 2010, 9:32 PM
My thoughts and prayers will be on Mikey and his family. Is there a local Red Cross or other charity where we could make donations do you know Tenni?

Belle

djones
Jul 10, 2010, 12:14 AM
Please give Mikey my best wishes.

citystyleguy
Jul 10, 2010, 1:54 AM
...it is times such as these that a community is most vital; let him know that everyone here has him and all the loved ones, in their hearts, thoughts, and be it prayer, meditation, whatever path is chosen; please keep us posted, and if possible, as to what else can be done. it is not to pry, but there are various organizations everywhere, that can lend a hand in many different ways, so if it can be communicated as to the general area that he lives, he can be put in contact with any such local assistance organization.

he and family are in my prayers such that his burdens can be eased in anyway possible. keep us in contact, please!

Long Duck Dong
Jul 10, 2010, 4:37 AM
fuck it all mikey.... pack up everybody and move to nz.....

mikey3000
Jul 10, 2010, 9:47 PM
fuck it all mikey.... pack up everybody and move to nz.....
That is the best idea I'veard in a long time, but with my luck I'm afraid NZ would sink into the ocean, so I'll stay put.

Hello all. Just want to say thank you for your wonderful thoughts. They are much appreciated. Yes, my home burned down on thursday. It was electrical, the result of a power surge. Luckily we weren't home at the time. All humans are very shaken but safe. My poor cat perished and my dog is very sick and remains in intensive care. My Guines Pig, Lucky, is alright. The fire fighters worked valiantly to save all pets, and they did what they could.

Yes, I do have insurance and all is covered. We've had so much help from wonderful neighbours with clothing and accomodations. Still, the shock of loosing everything you own is overwhelming. we were able to save some jewellery, books and some photos, but everything else is gone.

It's a total loss. When I can I'll post pictures. Thanks again.

DuckiesDarling
Jul 10, 2010, 9:49 PM
Glad to hear from you, Mikey. May the Goddess bless your path as you struggle to piece your life back together.

Long Duck Dong
Jul 10, 2010, 10:01 PM
That is the best idea I'veard in a long time, but with my luck I'm afraid NZ would sink into the ocean, so I'll stay put.

thats ok, mikey, we will move all the wankers in nz to the north island for when ya plane lands.... and have a lifeboat ready for you to get you to the safety of the south island paradise lol

slips arm around mikey and his lovers and wife and hugs them all.......

Vikkster230
Jul 10, 2010, 10:03 PM
Thinking of you and glad that the humans are well... Sending prayers love and light....

void()
Jul 11, 2010, 10:14 AM
Void steps in, crushes Mikey in a big warm hug. Glad everyone is safe. Y'all stay that way, brightest blessings.

mikey3000
Jul 11, 2010, 7:49 PM
My Giunea Pig died today. Very sad. I loved that little fur ball. I'm now back to being the only boy in the house. My dog is still in ICU and she is fighting hard. Something about her vestibular all out of whack from the smoke. Eyesight back in one eye and she recognizes us now, but she just whimpers and wags her little tail.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jul 11, 2010, 9:58 PM
Aw Mikey, I'm so sorry Honey. But at least you and your lady and Mom are ok, that's the important thing. Gentle warm hugs from Washington state. :}
Cat

mikey3000
Jul 14, 2010, 9:23 PM
Pictures from my fire...:(

First one shows fire engines lined all down my street.
Second one shows the windows blown out.
Third one is the inside of the house.

Long Duck Dong
Jul 14, 2010, 9:31 PM
hugs mikey....... its good to hear the insurance will pay out.... but no amount of money can get back the memories that are lost......

just bloody glad that you are still with us..... and that everybody else is safe.....

DuckiesDarling
Jul 14, 2010, 9:37 PM
Hugs Mikey, I am just so grateful that you all weren't home when it happened.

gfofbiguy
Jul 14, 2010, 11:15 PM
Oh, Mikey!!! I am so sorry! I just now read this, I was out of town this weekend and have been catching up with work and finally had some down time. I am glad you and your family weren't home, but I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved cat and guinea pig. I am keeping you and your family - and dog - in my thoughts and prayers Mikey. Big {{{{{{HUGSZ}}}}}} to you hun.

~~Gfofbiguy

citystyleguy
Jul 14, 2010, 11:45 PM
dude, so glad that you and family weren't home! damn sorry about the cat and guiena pig though, poor things; hoping the insurance $$ are enough to rebuild,

with prayers for the little dog, as well!

best wishes, csg

Canticle
Jul 15, 2010, 3:40 AM
Pictures from my fire...:(

First one shows fire engines lined all down my street.
Second one shows the windows blown out.
Third one is the inside of the house.

Mikey

So sorry to learn of your present problems, but thank goodness none of the family were home. You are all safe, which is the most important thing. Very sad that you lost the animals, but this will so often happen in such a situation, especially when we think about how easy it is, for human life to be lost, in a house fire.

I hope that you have been able to find accomodation and can now begin the slow process of rebuilding that part of your lives. I remember a friend of mine, in New Zealand, lost virtually everything, in a house fire, but in time, the home was rebuilt and they were able to replace certain things, though sadly, not items which had sentimental value.

Good luck Mikey and please take care of you and yours. I hope that your friends and relatives, will be able to offer you the support, you so need, at this time.