PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Sex

TheBiBartender
May 26, 2005, 5:38 PM
Hello fellow bisexuals. My name is Chris, and as you can guess from my handle, I'm a bartender. I work at a gay bar here in the Silicon Valley, and love my job. To be honest, I love service jobs (save prosititution, obviously), far above and beyond being chained to a desk. But to each their own. My sexual preference goes beyond mere physical gratification, and I believe (read:hope) that it is so for most of us out there as well. For me, my bisexuality is not only a sexual philosophy, but political and spiritual as well.
Let me elaborate...

I pursued a job as a bartender because I liked the work. I chose to work where I do to expand my personal horizons. I'd had a few gay encounters with a very small number of people, my experience (though prodigious) had been primarily straight. In the year and a half since the start of my employment, I have become more confident of myself as a person, and confident of my philosophies in general. From a scientific perspective, I tried things which were new to me, and focused the boundaries of my sexual identity. Today, I identify myself as being a bisexual, even though in practice I am quite straight. But to me, bisexuality is a philosophy of open-mindedness. Just because I prefer sex and relationships with women, I am open to the idea that there may be someone out there that is male, like myself, with whom I can fall in love. And to me, that philosophy helps keep me tolerant of people of all varieties, and I feel that if all people felt that way-opened their hearts AND their minds, then this world could be a happier place for everyone.

I find it sad to think that there are people who have never felt the bliss of being in love, and having that love returned. Even more sad is that such a situation may have been avoided if people were open to more possibilities for themselves. Ultimately, life is short, and fleeting. To restrict the ideas of who you can love limits someone to a tiny fraction of people to choose from- bisexuality is freedom in love.

We as bisexuals are in the unique position in our philosophies to bridge the gap between the disparate straight world and the gay world. I believe it is OUR responsibility, with our uniquely enlightened perspective, to share this message of the truth of the nature of love, to make this world a better place for ourselves and our children. Live proudly and loudly, and know that you carry an understanding of love that will serve as the template for the next phase of human society.

Lisa (va)
May 26, 2005, 7:37 PM
A refreshing idea! Ideals and the real world seldom mix well. Being bi for myself means i can be happy with either sex, not necessarily that i need to have both. Love is love, regardless of gender.

Lisa
hugs n kisses

jo69guy
Jun 7, 2005, 10:32 AM
Thanks! I believe in what you have said!

bigfella
Jun 7, 2005, 3:48 PM
bisexuality is a philosophy of open-mindedness. Just because I prefer sex and relationships with women, I am open to the idea that there may be someone out there that is male, like myself, with whom I can fall in love. And to me, that philosophy helps keep me tolerant of people of all varieties, and I feel that if all people felt that way-opened their hearts AND their minds, then this world could be a happier place for everyone..

I couldnt have put it any better, Thank you!!

Heartless01
Jun 7, 2005, 4:45 PM
Well said...

Glad you posted that....