PDA

View Full Version : Terrified Cops Run Away From Tranvestite Mob

SophiaBee
Jun 8, 2010, 10:36 PM
Heard it said, dont F*$k with trans women, they dont have anything left to lose.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=679_1275110051

csrakate
Jun 8, 2010, 10:42 PM
I don't get the relevance of this clip or this thread. First of all...I don't know what they were saying and I found it hard to determine the facts....but....the fact that they attacked the police, is this supposed to be a good thing??? Sorry..I don't understand. Are we supposed to applaud this? Please help me understand.

SophiaBee
Jun 8, 2010, 10:46 PM
The dont have any rigts there, way I see it the were atacking in defense of themselves...Sound familar? Think NYC around 1969...
Saw a tag line on here about when a law is unjus it is our duty to resist or some such, thats just what these ladies are doing.

SophiaBee
Jun 8, 2010, 11:16 PM
Translated from an article

About thirty of transvestites who worked as prostitutes fought street early yesterday serenazgo members of the Municipality of Lima on the block thirteen of Arequipa Avenue, Santa Beatriz.

Según “Primera Edición”, los travestis se quejaron porque los serenos golpearon fuertemente a uno de ellos en su intento de prohibir el meretricio.

According to "First Edition", transvestites complained that the watchmen beat one of them strongly in their attempt to ban the meretricious.

Indignados, una treintena de homosexuales se dirigieron hasta la comisar*a de Petit Thouars, en el Cercado.

Outraged gay thirty went to the police station in Petit Thouars, in the Cercado.

All* divisaron a un veh*culo del serenazgo de Lima. He spotted a vehicle serenazgo of Lima.

Al verlo, los travestis comenzaron a lanzar piedras, rompiendo las lunas. Seeing this, the transvestites began throwing stones, breaking the glass.

El conductor del carro aceleró y salió del lugar. The truck driver sped up and left the place.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Felcomercio.pe%2Fnoticia%2F491031%2F serenos-travestis-se-enfrentaron-calles-lima

More video

FalconAngel
Jun 8, 2010, 11:19 PM
The dont have any rigts there, way I see it the were atacking in defense of themselves...Sound familar? Think NYC around 1969...
Saw a tag line on here about when a law is unjus it is our duty to resist or some such, thats just what these ladies are doing.

Good memory.

This is the quote:

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." - The Unanimous Declaration of the 13 United States of America.

Shame that so many governments forget that.......including our own.

TwylaTwobits
Jun 9, 2010, 6:27 AM
Falcon, basically it has not a thing to do with US Law. It took place in Lima, Peru. And sorry Sophia, but without having a translation of the Spanish on that clip all it does is make Transwomen look bad. So thanks for posting but can you post one that is translated in English. I understand enough Spanish to understand they were saying the cops were bad but not to the point about what happened, that is a clip out of context basically. Why was there a riot? What's the background? What was gonna happen to those transwomen that they felt the need to gang up on police? What was going on that they risked being shot?

Viewing the link you posted now, I'll edit more after I see that.

Okay reading this I think it still makes the transwomen look bad, boy it's great isn't it 30 on one... no wonder the truck driver sped away. And destruction of government property, what a way to guarantee you are taken seriously about your rights.

Outraged gay thirty went to the police station in Petit Thouars, in the Cercado. Allí divisaron a un vehículo del serenazgo de Lima. He spotted a vehicle serenazgo of Lima. Al verlo, los travestis comenzaron a lanzar piedras, rompiendo las lunas. Seeing him, the transvestites began throwing stones, breaking the glass. El conductor del carro aceleró y salió del lugar. The truck driver sped up and left the place.

SophiaBee
Jun 9, 2010, 8:42 AM
long history of abuse of transwoman sex workers in latin countries. They've been beaten and robbed by thepolice before. Falcon was responding more in a philisophical point. Lots of questions, yes?The answer is we must stand against our oppressors. Just because its government propertydoesnt mean its sacred. Duringthe revolutionary war our ancestors stood up andfought the brits, becausethey felt they needed too. They had less causethan these women do...

TwylaTwobits
Jun 9, 2010, 8:44 AM
I've never been a fan of mob mentality and that's exactly what that clip shows so I stand by what I said, it makes trans look bad. So you keep thinking it will actually HELP those transwomen in that country and I'll sit here knowing it will simply lead to someone being shot next time. But then the trans cause will have another martyr, guess that's what they want.

SophiaBee
Jun 9, 2010, 8:51 AM
SO you would stand around and watch one of your own being beaten and killed and robbed?

TwylaTwobits
Jun 9, 2010, 8:52 AM
You aren't even reading what you have posted are you? They weren't standing around watching one of their own get beaten and robbed they marched in PROTEST then they ATTACKED the POLICE as a MOB.

tenni
Jun 9, 2010, 9:00 AM
With regard to the incident, I agree with Twyla. We don't have enough information to understand if an injustice has happened or if this is anarchy. I can undertstand SophieBee that you seem to think that this is some of just retribution for transwomen to attack a police officer. If they are transwomen sex trade workers, I can understand the conflict between a police officer enforcing the laws of the country coming into conflict with these women. Have you personally experienced difficulty with the police in such a similar situation? In other worlds, why do you, SophieBee, believe that it is a good thing for transwomen citizen to physically attack a police officer? You mention that they have no rights. What rights do you believe that transwomen sex trade workers need?

SophiaBee
Jun 9, 2010, 9:05 AM
I see, so the answer is lay there and take it like a good girl. Dont upset the menfolk, dont stand up for yourself. History says if you dont stand up together you get beaten down. Latin america isnt the best place to be glbt.

Transgendered Peruvians (travestis) are subject to everyday abuse and discrimination, living lives lacking in security of any kind. Yet they also represent a rich historical and cultural tradition of transiting genders dating back to pre-Hispanic times. In his ground-breaking new book, Museo Travesti del Peru (The Peruvian Transgender Museum), Giuseppe Campuzano (below right) has brought together inspiring and affirming images and stories that question contemporary prejudices and misconceptions about travestis.
http://www.ids.ac.uk/index.cfm?objectid=2785C30C-5056-8171-7BC8F02545FDF3E1

TwylaTwobits
Jun 9, 2010, 9:08 AM
I see, so the answer is lay there and take it like a good girl. Dont upset the menfolk, dont stand up for yourself. History says if you dont stand up together you get beaten down. Latin america isnt the best place to be glbt.

http://www.ids.ac.uk/index.cfm?objectid=2785C30C-5056-8171-7BC8F02545FDF3E1

Did I say that? No, I said that clip makes them look bad and it does. It shows a mob and you post it proudly going "Look what we did!!!!!!!!!!!!!" What did you do besides form a mob? Did you change anything? Did you bring any awareness whatsoever to the plight of the transwomen in Peru? Did you express Transwomen in a good light or as a pack of unruly, unlawful people? Answer those questions honestly then see what I'm saying.

SophiaBee
Jun 9, 2010, 9:27 AM
There are no laws prohibiting discrimination against persons based on sexual orientation; however, government authorities including the police, sometimes harassed and abused homosexual persons. There were cases of discrimination against persons based on sexual orientation.

On January 29, a transgender woman, known as Techi, was kidnapped and tortured by members of a local neighborhood watch patrol in Tarapoto.

SophiaBee
Jun 9, 2010, 9:44 AM
With regard to the incident, I agree with Twyla. We don't have enough information to understand if an injustice has happened or if this is anarchy. I can undertstand SophieBee that you seem to think that this is some of just retribution for transwomen to attack a police officer. If they are transwomen sex trade workers, I can understand the conflict between a police officer enforcing the laws of the country coming into conflict with these women. Have you personally experienced difficulty with the police in such a similar situation? In other worlds, why do you, SophieBee, believe that it is a good thing for transwomen citizen to physically attack a police officer? You mention that they have no rights. What rights do you believe that transwomen sex trade workers need?

Everyone needs rights, you have rights, dont you? Not a sex worker tyvm.

tenni
Jun 9, 2010, 9:45 AM
Thanks SophieBee. The issue then is discrimination against being a transsexual and not prostitution? Then I support fighting for equal rights but still have difficulty in believing that beating up a cop will help win those rights. They may create more support to continue discrimination. I believe that even in the Stonewall riots that there was actually physical confrontation that brought headline visibility. In that situation it was not a group of drag queens attacking one police officer though. It was a group of drag queens fighting a large group of police. It creates an entirely different perception about who is acting in an unjust way.

Ok...I just read your post and it seems that you are supporting sex trade workers too? They may be two slightly different issues but my words in the above paragraph remain. I have mixed thoughts about sex trade workers and how they work. I'm still trying to work out my own prejudices and my own experience with having a csi female sex trade worker in my family.

SophiaBee
Jun 9, 2010, 9:48 AM
Thanks SophieBee. The issue then is discrimination against being a transsexual and not prostitution? Then I support fighting for equal rights but still have difficulty in believing that beating up a cop will help win those rights. They may create more support to continue discrimination. I believe that even in the Stonewall riots that there was actually physical confrontation that brought headline visibility. In that situation it was not a group of drag queens attacking one police officer though. It was a group of drag queens fighting a large group of police. It creates an entirely different perception about who is acting in an unjust way.

I wasnt jut one there were I dunno fouror five of them. Look at the video.

tenni
Jun 9, 2010, 9:56 AM
I wasnt jut one there were I dunno fouror five of them. Look at the video.

Yes that is my point. There was a group of transwomen attacking one police officer. In the Stonwall riot situation, I believe that there was a group of drag queens(not reported transwomen though but who knows) marching and being visible. Instead of being arrested once again for being gay/drag queen for just being gay, they resisted arrest. I believe that they were arrested when more police came in. They then publicly for the first time marched down the streets in drag. Other people joined them. This was a first not only for becoming publicly visible marching peacefully as drag queens /gay but there was no violence in that march. That was the beginning (supposedly) of fighting for glbt rights. That was the beginning of Pride marches. These transwomen are making themselves look like anarchists by attacking a police officer. That is quite different from peaceful protest marching. The police did not arrest them during that march. I guess that they were surprised when drag queens marched down a street. The police were use to them in bars when just just being glbt was illegal in the US.

FalconAngel
Jun 9, 2010, 2:05 PM
Falcon, basically it has not a thing to do with US Law. It took place in Lima, Peru. And sorry Sophia, but without having a translation of the Spanish on that clip all it does is make Transwomen look bad. So thanks for posting but can you post one that is translated in English. I understand enough Spanish to understand they were saying the cops were bad but not to the point about what happened, that is a clip out of context basically. Why was there a riot? What's the background? What was gonna happen to those transwomen that they felt the need to gang up on police? What was going on that they risked being shot?

Viewing the link you posted now, I'll edit more after I see that.

Okay reading this I think it still makes the transwomen look bad, boy it's great isn't it 30 on one... no wonder the truck driver sped away. And destruction of government property, what a way to guarantee you are taken seriously about your rights.

Outraged gay thirty went to the police station in Petit Thouars, in the Cercado. Allí divisaron a un vehículo del serenazgo de Lima. He spotted a vehicle serenazgo of Lima. Al verlo, los travestis comenzaron a lanzar piedras, rompiendo las lunas. Seeing him, the transvestites began throwing stones, breaking the glass. El conductor del carro aceleró y salió del lugar. The truck driver sped up and left the place.

The Declaration of Independence is not law, nor have I ever claimed it to be law.
But it is a series of principles that our laws are supposed to support and protect. Principles of common decency that even England was supposed to protect, but didn't.
Those principles are followed by complaints to King George of England and are the reasons why we broke from England. The Declaration of Independence is the document that told England "We're not gonna take it, anymore".

I posted that part here because those principles are ironclad and because Sophiabee had the quote very close, but not quite right.

And, in a very real way, it applies to the subject at hand. They were tired of being harassed for being trans and fought back. You, of all people, should be able to see that.

Interesting that you are not getting on Sophiabee's case for quoting it in the first place.

You're not trying to pick a fight, are you? I hope not. And one more thing; When I quote a person or document, and am certain of the source, I always put the source there. You should have noticed that by now.

TwylaTwobits
Jun 9, 2010, 2:12 PM
The Declaration of Independence is not law, nor have I ever claimed it to be law.
But it is a series of principles that our laws are supposed to support and protect. Principles of common decency that even England was supposed to protect, but didn't.
Those principles are followed by complaints to King George of England and are the reasons why we broke from England. The Declaration of Independence is the document that told England "We're not gonna take it, anymore".

I posted that part here because those principles are ironclad and because Sophiabee had the quote very close, but not quite right.

And, in a very real way, it applies to the subject at hand. They were tired of being harassed for being trans and fought back. You, of all people, should be able to see that.

Interesting that you are not getting on Sophiabee's case for quoting it in the first place.

You're not trying to pick a fight, are you? I hope not. And one more thing; When I quote a person or document, and am certain of the source, I always put the source there. You should have noticed that by now.

No, I got on Sophias case about everything else. They might be tired of being harrassed but mob mentality gets them nothing but a bad reputation and the chance of being shot the next time.

No, if I was picking a fight I'd flat out pick a fight with you, Falcon. I don't hide, YOU of all people should know that about me by now.

FalconAngel
Jun 9, 2010, 2:14 PM
and 5 people does not a "mob" make.

Still it was pretty funny watching those big, in a couple of cases overweight, cops running from 5 people.

Here in the US, the cops would have tazed them and continued with the arrests. It is decidedly hard to fight back when you are no longer in control of voluntary muscle movement.

Now, on the flip side, were the cops trying to arrest them because they were hooking or because they were trans?

If it were for prostitution, then the cops should have called in backup and moved ahead.

If prostitution is legal there and the girls were within the law, then the cops got what they deserved, or at least a small taste of it.

TwylaTwobits
Jun 9, 2010, 2:16 PM
and 5 people does not a "mob" make.

Still it was pretty funny watching those big, in a couple of cases overweight, cops running from 5 people.

Here in the US, the cops would have tazed them and continued with the arrests. It is decidedly hard to fight back when you are no longer in control of voluntary muscle movement.

Now, on the flip side, were the cops trying to arrest them because they were hooking or because they were trans?

If it were for prostitution, then the cops should have called in backup and moved ahead.

If prostitution is legal there and the girls were within the law, then the cops got what they deserved, or at least a small taste of it.

Check the title of the thread, Falcon, even the Trans people agree it was a MOB

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jun 9, 2010, 4:29 PM
Well of course they're running away. Ever see how pointy them stilleto heels are??? lol And why did that cop have his hand up that Tranny's skirt in the first place? He deserved to get smacked.....:eek:
Bad Cat

SophiaBee
Jun 9, 2010, 5:17 PM
Easy to be smug when you can get work. Sometime the only work some gals can get is hooking. too there have been reports of the local law harassing transwomen they have no rights there. First clip was from one incident second from another. Chickens come home to roost.Tenni there were four or five cops in the first clip. Odds looked a little better than even on the cops side to me. Although transwomen did have stilletos :P

Doggie_Wood
Jun 9, 2010, 5:35 PM
Fuck! If I had 4 or 5 women (trans or not) trying to hit me with spiked shoes for what ever reason they are pissed about, hell, I would run too.

and the tag line being referred to, I think, is my signature below VVVVVV

FalconAngel
Jun 9, 2010, 6:30 PM
Check the title of the thread, Falcon, even the Trans people agree it was a MOB

Which trans people consider 5 people a mob? There were 4 or 5 cops there, so was that 2 mobs fighting each other?

You know that I am not going to play the kiss ass PC games and knuckle under because someone calls 5 people a mob.

20 people is a small mob, maybe even 15 could be, but 5? Let's be real here.

Could we stop being oversensitive about the little things? kissing oversensitive butts doesn't make them right; it makes them little tyrants, because they start crying prejudice when they don't get their way. They get their butts kissed to shut them up, like a parent does to silence a troublesome child. Not good for either the parent or child.

Those 5 trans women rose up and fought against an injustice.

That is the point of the video and that is what matters.

I wouldn't doubt that their pebble of an action brings an avalanche of change in fairly quick order.