PDA

View Full Version : Here's a question to ponder on

crazy_cat_lady
Jun 8, 2010, 10:16 PM
what would you do if you were in a same sex environment like an all girl school or camp, ect. and all the girls were either too young(like 17), or totally oblivious to your attractions? would you tell some people you were bi? keep in mind this is in North Carolina which is not deep south but still southern.

I only ask because I'm in this position right now, and am silently suffering, from being madingly attracted to my friends I've made here. What would you do? just curious.

P.S. sorry I haven't been able to visit the chat room, all my late night friends. These computers we have here at camp dont have Java script, and I cant download it cause I'm not an admin. so I shall have to comunicate through the forums.:bigrin:

FalconAngel
Jun 8, 2010, 10:27 PM
Well, I would look for signs that things would be okay for that, in the adults there that you may be interested in. Sometimes you never know and can't really tell.

One of my male lovers was like that. After months of hanging out together and a "tense" night in Soho, London one new year's eve, my buddy left and then came back and we started playing together.

It was pretty intense.

But use care and caution before outing yourself. You do not want to put your job in jeopardy.

crazy_cat_lady
Jun 8, 2010, 11:10 PM
yeah I know I outted myself to the wrong person last year. it wasnt too big of a deal since she wasnt in power or anything but it was awkward afterward. she started treating me different either ignoreing me entirely or treating me like a dumb ass. come to find out she doesn't like gays to my knowledge since I saw on her facebook status "yeah (male name here) just told me he's a faggot"

I couldn't believe what I saw! that she would use that word...then on the flip-side I also made a good friend here that I told I was bi on the last night here and she was fine with it and we probably could have had some nice late night bathroom conversations.

So I guess I'll just have to wing it.:tong:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jun 8, 2010, 11:37 PM
Like Falcon said, Hon. I'd be reallly careful if I were you. You didnt say what you were doing there, but if its a job you might not want to say anything. Especially since these are kids you're dealing with. One wrong word to a parent and you could be in a world of chit, Girlfriend.
Just my :2cents:
Cat

Pasadenacpl2
Jun 8, 2010, 11:41 PM
When you work with people who are underage, you do not touch. Period. There is not a middle ground, or a justifiable grey area. You do not touch.

As teachers, we have a saying. If they're not 21, they're 12.

Pasa

csreef
Jun 9, 2010, 2:29 PM
CCL -
I would NOT go after anyone from your camp...

1) You could be arrested ( statuatory rape)
2) you and the camp could also be slaped with a very nasty lawsuit
3) Something like that would FOLLOW you for a very LONG TIME

NEPHX
Jun 9, 2010, 4:44 PM
CCL -
I would NOT go after anyone from your camp...

1) You could be arrested ( statuatory rape)
2) you and the camp could also be slaped with a very nasty lawsuit
3) Something like that would FOLLOW you for a very LONG TIME

When you work with people who are underage, you do not touch. Period. There is not a middle ground, or a justifiable grey area. You do not touch.

As teachers, we have a saying. If they're not 21, they're 12.

Pasa

Both of you!! Come on!! Read what she wrote... two words: READING COMPREHENSION...

Your comments divert this thread to what could quickly become yet one more moral slam-fest. Your comments could have lightly made mention of the "minor" issue as a few others did rather than make it the only topic of your post. Neither of you answered HER question.

"... What would you do? ...."

She most specifically says: ".... and all the girls were either too young(like 17)..."

She also says "... from being madingly attracted to my friends I've made here...." referencing to HER friends not campers who likely come and go as the weeks go by if they are like most camps but even if they don't she's not asking if she should (or you would) hit on underage girls.

Eluding to her hitting on minors is silly. One could also infer from csreef's post that if she comes out to her fellow STAFFERS that she could have all those consequences.