PDA

View Full Version : My "bi" boyfriend finally admits he's gay with this email...

istillovehim
Jun 7, 2010, 5:51 AM
Cant believe i only just seen this!...Hey Smelly,

i dont even know how to start this, or what to say.. i know exactly what i need to say, but dont know how to word it, basically ive been thinking every second of every day about whats going on right now..and the time that weve been apart ive made myslef have a serious think about what i need to do, what i have to do! whats best for me you and both of us and its been horrible because i need to give you an answer now, its not fair on you... i dont want you going on like this...

i have to be honest with you....ive been thinking about everything, and what feels right, and what i have to do to be able to be myslef...who i really am!...and.. i just dont think i can be with a woman... im so sorry wahida and without ever letting myslef be on the other side! your probably thinking how do i know?? i just know in my head that it feels more right now and as much as i hate it, it cannot change, as much as i try - try and make things normal ive realised its just not the way i am, and i need to accept it now and not live the rest of my life lying or the fear of it getting to much in the future and hurting you then....i dont know what else to say....

for me to cope with everything thats going on i find it easier to reply to your texts daily *which right now is probably too much??* being really happy all the time, pretending everythings okay....when really this is probably the wrong thing to do... because me doing that, probably looked like we were slowly getting back to being okay again i feel like such a jerk... just didnt realise, but i gues looking back i was acting insane to be sane ey"

i dont know what else to say now....message me back when you get this too, really really hope your okay, and i want you to know there will always be a place in my heart with you in it and never ever forget the time that we had... speak to you soon okay..when your ready too

Im here for you always

My text reply this morning: Its okey smelly--i think deep down I knew too all along--thank you so much for finally being able to tell me the truth n for finally accepting who you truely are. its a huge step and im proud of you. I'll always love you and im here for you :)

So with that just want to say thank you to everyone on this site whose given me advice and everything else. Thanks so much for the support for the last couple of months.. Good luck to all!xoxo

RobUK
Jun 7, 2010, 6:01 AM
I feel very sorry for you, and, at the same time, think you're incredible for being so understanding! I just wish you all the luck I can... Never know, you might end of best friends like Will & Grace!
:)

NEPHX
Jun 7, 2010, 6:25 AM
Or, he's more than likely still not really sure. Sexuality is a very fluid thing. Don't be surprised if he flip-flops around trying to figure himself out. He may never be really sure.

Dont' forget that you have to take care of yourself.

Pasadenacpl2
Jun 7, 2010, 8:30 AM
You are a very special woman. Would that more S.O.s were more like you. The world would be much happier.

Pasa

mikey3000
Jun 7, 2010, 12:11 PM
Wow. Very touching. Good for him, and also good for you. You are a special person. Be happy. I wish you both well.

FalconAngel
Jun 7, 2010, 5:09 PM
That is some pretty heavy stuff to deal with, but stay strong and continue to be his friend.

One thing that many of us have found is that sexuality is, for some, quite fluid.

He may, in fact be gay, but his sexuality can also swing the other way over time.
That does not mean that it will, but stay his friend no matter what. He will need all of the moral support that he can get.

Many of us did not have networks like this to help us understand nor that would allow our friends to be a part of, so you are both very lucky in that you have them available, even off line with the local GLBT community.

Again, stay strong and be a friend, but do not give up your future on any hope that he will swing back (don't let yourself be a "fag hag").

Keep him in your circle of friends, but do not out him unless he wants to let you do so.

onewhocares
Jun 7, 2010, 7:42 PM
Hi there,

Just want to add my two cents. First, I admire you for seeing and expressing your love for your friend. I know what it is like to have such feelings for a man who might not be able to reciprocate sexual feelings to you.....yet, as a man whom I love, I cannot be anything but happy for him when he is lucky to have a man in his life.

I can only imagine the struggles that he faces within himself to try and have the gumption to tell you of his true feelings. Like me, you too knew what was to come. Please let you know that you are surrounded by folks who are here to support both of you and here to listen.

You can always pm or email me if you wish to talk. There are other groups which I can direct you to for support.

Belle