PDA

View Full Version : Things you may regret

Canticle
May 31, 2010, 3:14 AM
Things, happenings, events, people, words......anything you may regret.....or not regret........

What are they and why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YkLq6J_6cA

darkeyes
May 31, 2010, 5:11 AM
I regret most of all an enforced separation from Kate because of my own selfishness, the cancellation of our wedding, and the hell I went through in the interim between her walking out the door and the day she walked back through it. Her marriage to one who has turned out to be a lovely man, and the guilt I still feel for never quite disappearing from the background.

I regret my own marriage to another lovely, generous and kind if rather dull man and the pain I caused him when it ended.

I regret the death of my twin brother who did not survive childbirth and the fact that I never knew him. I regret that I carry his name (Francis) for he is unable to do so himself. I regret the pain it caused my parents, and the breakdown it caused my mother. I regret that I was unaware even of his existence until I was 28 years old.

I regret the near 15 year estrangement with my brother and the circumstances which led to it. So much time lost.

I regret the loss of my grandfather who taught me to swim, ride a bike, the value of compassion, of having a sense of humour and who took me to see my first Hearts game when I was 6.

There is so much more I regret.. personally and generally.. but of all my regrets.. these are, at least personally, the most deeply felt.

TwylaTwobits
May 31, 2010, 5:21 AM
I used to regret a lot of things until someone very close to me stated baldly "The things that happened in your life made you who and what you are today"

Things always happen for a reason and we may never know the reason but the pain of those moments prepares us for a path that we can either walk with our head high and looking to the future or slung low and turning back waiting to turn into a pillar of salt. My :2cents:

Realist
May 31, 2010, 8:49 AM
First of all, Thanks for that song! I remember hearing Edith Piaf on French radio when I was in Germany, in 1959. Her songs reached my soul, even though I could not understand the words.

Twyla said it best and that's an excellent way to live.

The regrets I have are many, but hopefully I have learned from them and will not repeat them again. The regrets that are hardest to forget are the ones where those who did deserve it were hurt. Lost love and bad decisions; we've all made them...some more than others.

My grandfather said, "You'll spend your whole life learning how to live........and, by the time you have it all figured out, you'll be too damned old to do anything about it!"

Ah, but I beat the odds.....I'm a lot older, now, but I have love in my life, I'm at peace, and there's a little freedom before I die.

Nadir
May 31, 2010, 11:47 AM
I regret...

I regret that I am still living door-to-door with my younger sister and she is almost a complete stranger to me. I haven´t had a sincere conversation witth her during the last four years.

I regret that the woman who carried me in her womb for nine months and who has taken care of me during the last twenty-two years never has time for herself because of her lazy children. I regret having lived the last three years as a parasite inside her house.

I regret not trying to understand my father better. I regret that when I was living abroad he could be months without hearing from me and I could be months without hearing from him and both of us were too full of ourselves to really know that we were hurting... now that I am an adult I realize that I look a lot like him, and I feel great because of it.

I regret not being a good sibling and uncle, because my half-siblings and their children rarely see me and when they do, the children tend to ask me who the hell I am (which is amusing in one part,and very depressing on the other...)

I regret not being a good friend. I regret of not being there when A tried to overdose himself to death, of not being there when D´s mother was commited to a psychiatric facility. I regret not being a good boyfriend to L... I regret of having let M go, because she was the best lover anyone could have... I regret of falling in love with a person who cannot give it back to me.

There are more things I regret, but I cannot remember then right now...but most of all, I regret the last thing...I regret to having dedicated my life to someone who could not loved me...

Canticle
May 31, 2010, 1:43 PM
Thank you for the responses.......so far. I look forward to reading more and how we all learn to cope with regret and loss.

Realist, how right you are, with your own words and by saying that Twyla summed it all up, in that eloquent manner.

Nadir and Fran, thank you for your words, spoken from the heart.

Realist, I'm glad you liked the Piaf (I love Piaf's voice). It was going to be Cher singing ''If I could turn back time,'' but when clicked on, from here, the video didn't exist and then Piaf appeared. Piaf was right, I think.

What do I regret? Nothing and everything and nothing, for we cannot change what has gone before, we can only move on. Hopefully, we learn from our mistakes, or omissions. The path is a long and winding one, yet, our time upon this earth and our spirit inhabiting, this mortal shell, is brief. A mere twinkling of a starlight.

I regret the bad marriage I made, with everyone, but myself, knowing that it was a mistake. Yet, I cannot regret this marriage, because I have my three beautiful children. Three children to be proud of, no matter what they may do, or how many disagreements we may have.

I regret that I never spoke to my father, in any great detail, about what he really believed, deep within. Certain things, I know his views upon, but he was not an educated man and I don't think he even thought about getting into great debates. He was just, who he was....Dad...a good husband....hardworking and working all the hours god sent his way, to feed, clothe and house his children. I know he loved me and yet, he never told me that he did. It just came with the territory.

I regret that I nave never been forceful enough, to be brave, step forward and lead an independent life. Something, I now want to do, must do and it scares the hell out of me. Yet, I have vacillated for far too long andIi need to break free. Once that first step is made, the second and the third, will be so much more easy to take.

I regret not standing up to my mother, instead of allowing her to dominate me. I didn't break free until her death in December 2008, when she was nearly 92. Always a strong character, she still dominated people.......from the other end of a telephone line. Yet, unlike my brother, I can see what made her the way she was and she was a good mother.

I regret coming from a dysfunctional family. A family torn asunder by my mother being a control freak and by the destructive influences, of my ex-brother-in-law. I haven't seen my much older sister, for 42 years and my brother once in 22 years. Strangely enough this does not bother me, but how I wish that things had been different.

History repeats itself and I am now estranged from one of my sons. Yet, I do know, that when the time is right, all will be different. Perhaps we are just too much alike. I rejoice in the fact that I am so close, to my second son, my rock and on reasonably good terms with a fiesty daughter. A daughter who's temperament, reminds me of my sister and her screaming outbursts.....but my daughter, is not my sister............

I regret that the greatest love of my life, can never be, even though my feelings, do not allow me to give up hope. I regret that something so beautiful and so perfect as the love I felt, feel and always will feel, for someone, can be torn asunder and be found to be a lie. I regret that I was no more than mild amusement for someone and yet, I know that I was loved. I regret that I allowed myself to become too angry and yet, I do not, because we all, can be pushed too far.

I regret the loss of that love but I do not regret the love and I never will.

Many other things, could one write about, but when the tears flow, it is time to stop.

We cannot change what has happened, so I do not regret anything at all.

Je ne regrette rien!

someotherguy
May 31, 2010, 3:48 PM
Things, happenings, events, people, words......anything you may regret.....or not regret........

What are they and why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YkLq6J_6cA

Every time I indulge in the internet confessional habit of using forum questions as an excuse to reveal personal information, like what are my regrets, as soon as I see my post appear in the thread I feel ashamed of having been so weak and in need of being noticed by strangers. Even editing my reply when that is possible doesn't help.

darkeyes
May 31, 2010, 4:27 PM
I used to regret a lot of things until someone very close to me stated baldly "The things that happened in your life made you who and what you are today"

I agree with this only in part, Twyla.. we are who we are because of and often in spite of our past. Yet we would not be human, and would be very shallow indeed if we did not regret those mistakes we have made, or the unhappiness of our past. Without regret I for one would be quite a different person from the one I am now. Where many can and do often fall down is if they dwell on those errors and human miseries and let them overwhelm and consume them. And yes.. once or twice I have let that happen too..:(

Nadir
May 31, 2010, 4:38 PM
Every time I indulge in the internet confessional habit of using forum questions as an excuse to reveal personal information, like what are my regrets, as soon as I see my post appear in the thread I feel ashamed of having been so weak and in need of being noticed by strangers. Even editing my reply when that is possible doesn't help.

It´s not about being noticed about strangers. It is about telling a story. It is the oldest one on the book. However,your sarcasm is pretty much appreciated. And dont be ashamed, because if you want to be noticed by strangers that doesnt mean you are weak. It just means that the people around you already know everything about you and you want to tell your tale to other people you couldn´t reach on other ways. The words you write may seem meaningless for you, but it is a lesson for many other people :)

Cherokee_Mountaincat
May 31, 2010, 4:40 PM
Regret looks back, M'loves. Hope and progress looks forward. I have many things that I regret, but dont feel the need to put then all out there for people to see.
Altho I DO regret the cops not catching the little bastard that yanked my cane out from me, and taking off with it this morning at the bus stop. But, I really wouldnt want it back after the Doc retrieving it from where I'd shove it up on him at....:eek::mad::disgust:
Sorry. Been a bad weekend.
And thats my only regret at the moment.
Disgruntled Cat :(

darkeyes
May 31, 2010, 4:48 PM
Regret looks back, M'loves. Hope and progress looks forward. :(

Yes it does Cat. Yet dealt with and learned from properly, it is also a boon to that hope and progress.. it doesn't have to be long faces and blubs..

..and kissie for the poopy weekend me luffly... muahhhh! :)

_Joe_
May 31, 2010, 5:04 PM
I regret not trusting anyone enough to really open up and be serious.

Canticle
May 31, 2010, 5:27 PM

Well guess what, Honeybunch, I'm no Roman Catholic and so don't go to confession, to whisper into the ear, of some unmarried guy, neither do I feel the need to willy nilly reveal personal information, to anyone. Nor do I feel ashamed or weak and I certainly don't need to get noticed. If that's how you feel, about yourself, well.....what a shame......I really do feel for you.

Maybe you would like to express those feelings, about yourself, that you have, right here on the forum.

Sarcasm......the lowest form of wit. We can all be sarcastic. Keep trukking, hun.

Canticle
May 31, 2010, 5:30 PM
It´s not about being noticed about strangers. It is about telling a story. It is the oldest one on the book. However,your sarcasm is pretty much appreciated. And dont be ashamed, because if you want to be noticed by strangers that doesnt mean you are weak. It just means that the people around you already know everything about you and you want to tell your tale to other people you couldn´t reach on other ways. The words you write may seem meaningless for you, but it is a lesson for many other people :)

Well said Nadir. Perhaps, I wasn't sexually explicit enough, for someotherguy!!

Canticle
May 31, 2010, 5:51 PM
Regret looks back, M'loves. Hope and progress looks forward. I have many things that I regret, but dont feel the need to put then all out there for people to see.
Altho I DO regret the cops not catching the little bastard that yanked my cane out from me, and taking off with it this morning at the bus stop. But, I really wouldnt want it back after the Doc retrieving it from where I'd shove it up on him at....:eek::mad::disgust:
Sorry. Been a bad weekend.
And thats my only regret at the moment.
Disgruntled Cat :(

In order to move on, we have to look back and in moving on we leave the past behind. Regret is not always looking back, because one can regret what is happening in the present, as well as the past One can also regret, what one knows, is likely to happen in the future.

If we regret something and yet, from that regret, can pull out something positive, knowing that all events are part of the learning curve of life and go on to new and better things, then regret can and will be a most positive, not negative feeling.

It is not a matter of putting all one's feelings, regrets, dirty washing, etc in front of an audience, for all to see. It is the start of what can be a most stimulating discussion, where people can talk about how they dealt with certain situations in their life.

How is this any different, from people telling others about very personal sexual experiences and behaviour? How indeed!

It can be as useful to discuss these other matters, just as it can be rewarding and entertaining to find a piece of Shakepeare's prose or poetry and share it, or just the amusing and humorous contributions, upon a thread with no point to it.

gfofbiguy
May 31, 2010, 5:51 PM
I regret having married someone who everyone said I shouldn't - because they were right.

I don't regret leaving him - and it has made me stronger.

I do have other regrets (the one I listed is the biggest), but I do tend to try to look forward and not often back unless to learn from my mistakes.

Northerner
May 31, 2010, 6:22 PM
I have few regrets because, as somebody mentioned previously, my mistakes are a large part of what made me what I am today.

My biggest regret is those times my mistakes caused others needless pain.

I also regret those times I failed to learn from the first mistake and had to repeat the lesson.

Mostly I am thankful for the good things in my life. I don't have to look far to see somebody who has had it harder than me.

Despite being at an age when my kids are grown and leaving home, and my friends are all retiring, I still live for the future. I want to keep learning and growing (spiritually, not physically! :-) as long as I can.

CatRocks
May 31, 2010, 6:40 PM
I don't regret anything...if you do, you are constantly living in the past. I learn from my mistakes and move on.

Canticle
May 31, 2010, 7:02 PM
I have few regrets because, as somebody mentioned previously, my mistakes are a large part of what made me what I am today.

My biggest regret is those times my mistakes caused others needless pain.

I also regret those times I failed to learn from the first mistake and had to repeat the lesson.

Mostly I am thankful for the good things in my life. I don't have to look far to see somebody who has had it harder than me.

Despite being at an age when my kids are grown and leaving home, and my friends are all retiring, I still live for the future. I want to keep learning and growing (spiritually, not physically! :-) as long as I can.

And this is how it should be. We learn from our mistakes and by regretting that certain things happened along life's pathway, we then understand that these mistakes, or events happened for a reason, and if we learn to do things in a different way and we have moved on, then we cannot have regret.

We have to regret in order not to regret. We move on, both spiritually and physically and become stronger, better people for those happenings. Spiritual growth is the most important thing and it has nothing to do with religion, but what makes us who we are....inside and how we relate to the world and to our fellow humans.

Whilst one should not dwell in the past, one should still remember it and in talking about life events, we may inspire another human being to move in a different direction and therefore, improve there life and reach a greater happiness.

Thank you and thank you to Catrock.

mikey3000
Jun 1, 2010, 1:56 PM
So how are you all fixing your regrets?

I regretted my same sex feelings so much that I couldn't even look at my wife. So I took a huge gamble. I fessed up to my feelings, came out, and fixed my big regret. I'm happier now then I've ever been.

How are you going to fix your regrets?

Canticle
Jun 1, 2010, 2:12 PM
So how are you all fixing your regrets?

I regretted my same sex feelings so much that I couldn't even look at my wife. So I took a huge gamble. I fessed up to my feelings, came out, and fixed my big regret. I'm happier now then I've ever been.

How are you going to fix your regrets?

That's another very good question to pose, Mikey and to get people thinking about the subject, in a slightly different way. A new question is something which initiates fresh discussion. Thank you for that.

csreef
Jun 1, 2010, 5:21 PM
With me, I've played each card that life has delt me to the best of my

ability,and I've taken each opportunity that has come my way...

Bluebiyou
Jun 1, 2010, 7:14 PM
With me, I've played each card that life has delt me to the best of my

ability,and I've taken each opportunity that has come my way...

and no regrets?!?!?
WTF have you missed along the way?
A soul?
Self analysis (the next step after self awareness).
(I'm not trying to be mean or insulting... just challenging).

darkeyes
Jun 1, 2010, 7:49 PM
and no regrets?!?!?
WTF have you missed along the way?
A soul?
Self analysis (the next step after self awareness).
(I'm not trying to be mean or insulting... just challenging).

..agreed Blue.. those who have no regret have no learning...

Ambisexual
Jun 1, 2010, 8:28 PM
I would rather regret failing than regret not trying at all.

It is in the most spectacular failures that you find out what you're really made of.

I certainly wish I hadn't sacrificed my opportunity to have children for the "man" I married in England who is in no way worthy of being called a human let alone a man, but if I hadn't, I wouldn't have the many experiences that living in Europe brought to me, nor the perspective to know exactly what kind of person I want in my life now that I'm back in the States, nor the fortitude to request, nay, demand the respect I deserve from those I do allow into my life.

So go on, fail HUGE, but don't regret trying.

Canticle
Jun 1, 2010, 9:10 PM
High 5s to Bluebiyou, darkeyes and Ambisexual

rdy2go
Jun 1, 2010, 11:30 PM
I don't regret a damn thing! I am sorry for a few things, and take full responsibility for my mistakes, but I don't regret making them. The mistakes I have made I've learned from, and that has made me a more complete and understanding man. At the risk of sounding like a self centered ass, I just don't beleive I or anyone else needs to feel regret for things that I/we had no control over. Sure I feel like I've missed out on some things, but I don't regret it! I've never gone out and intentionally caused another human pain, except an opposing player in a hockey game occasionally, and I've always tried to treat the people I share this planet with respectfully, (results vary!) so why should I regret that? Sorry if it sounds cold, but I just think that learning from bad stuff and moving forward beats the hell out of looking over ones shoulder at the past.

I do however miss the people that were in my life, who are no longer among us, and I do cherish the many good memories I have of them. I really believe that is better than regret anyday.

I also look back on past friendships, and relationships with a nod to that past and an appreciation of how it has affected the person I am today, regardless if it was a relationship that ended badly or a friendship that drifted away due to the different paths lives take, but I don't regret those ended relationships or friendships, rather I am grateful for having them in the first place.

At the end of my stay on this lil revolving globe I can look back, and I don't have to say, "what if I had done this or that or whatever?" I have tried my best to acheive my goals some times it worked out most times it didn't, but at least I gave it a shot! Why would I regret that?

Onward to the future and all the great things to come!

sammie19
Jun 2, 2010, 1:34 AM
I don't regret a damn thing! I am sorry for a few things, and take full responsibility for my mistakes, but I don't regret making them.

Oxford English Dictionary

regret

• verb (regretted, regretting) feel or express sorrow, repentance, or disappointment over.

• noun 1 a feeling of sorrow, repentance, or disappointment. 2 (often one’s regrets) used in polite formulas to express apology or sadness.

— ORIGIN Old French regreter ‘lament the dead’.

Pasadenacpl2
Jun 2, 2010, 1:39 AM
Hrm...short list:

My wallet
My car keys
My school keys
My lunch, occasionally

....oh...you said things we'll REgret. I thought you said FORget. NVM

Pasa

Canticle
Jun 2, 2010, 1:58 AM
Oxford English Dictionary

regret

• verb (regretted, regretting) feel or express sorrow, repentance, or disappointment over.

• noun 1 a feeling of sorrow, repentance, or disappointment. 2 (often one’s regrets) used in polite formulas to express apology or sadness.

— ORIGIN Old French regreter ‘lament the dead’.

Smiles. I like your way of thinking, there.

darkeyes
Jun 2, 2010, 2:58 AM
Smiles. I like your way of thinking, there.

Trust me, Canticle.. she is a smart arsed little cow....:bigrin:

Canticle
Jun 2, 2010, 1:00 PM
At the moment.....I am regretting.....eating half a malt loaf!!!!

See....the regrets can be tinged with humour, too.

So, any???

Bluebiyou
Jun 2, 2010, 8:08 PM
Hey, CSreef,
sorry about my reply. I honestly don't want to harm anyone and my reply was... curt, if viewed in the very best of light.

There are many situations in life that do not allow the luxury of reflection/self analysis. I often presume my luxury upon others.

But, in all honesty, after self realization and survival, self analysis (and the perpetual high hurdles of absolute honesty with one's self) is essential to nearly all adult personal growth.
Socrates said thousands of years ago "The unexamined life is not worth living".

And yes we can invoke the yin/yang balance after living a life of years of constant self examination and evoke the opposite extreme:
"The unexamined life may not be worth living, but the life too closely examined may not be lived at all". But many, many people qualify for the first extreme (unexamined) and very, very few qualify for the later (too closely examined).
Yet, without brutal self honesty/examination... what's the point in this life? To be a perfect teenager? A sociopath? Another John Wayne clone?
I have deep regrets, which are byproducts of brutally honest self evaluation.
I'll share one.
Once, in the middle of the Missouri wilderness, I was driving along in surpirzingly heavy traffic and I saw a kitten walking/crawling to the side of the super highway as my car went over her. I'm sure I didn't hit her. I pulled to the side and carefully backed up along the shoulder. I found the kitten and took her with me. I took her to the vet who told me it might just be swelling at a low spinal joint or a severed cord that caused her tail to droop and have no rectal sphincter control (poop everywhere). I made sock diapers for her. She was so joyful, loving, and beautiful (except for the poop). After a few weeks of steroids, she did not improve and the vet concluded that... the spine was severed.
I decided to have her killed because of the impractical future of cat diapers.
What gave me the right to kill her? Why couldn't I simply return her to the wilderness and let her fate decide itself (depending heavily on her personal merit)?
The vet volunteered to 'put her down' (kill her) in the back, away from my sight. I insisted 'no'. I decided to kill her. I should at least watch the effects of my actions/decisions.
After a goodbye that contorted every muscle in my face and I could no longer clearly see her through my tears, I held her while the vet inserted the needle. She looked directly at me (seeking reassurance or help) and cried to me in the pain of the needle entry. The vet asked me if I was ready. I indicated 'yes' and her head dropped immediately as he injected.
This instance of regret has, for over two decades haunted me, helped me grow. No longer can I casually wish true physical harm upon another, without applying the most stringent of guidelines.
Do no harm.

This also contributed (there are other major reasons as well) to me being an ardent/absolute oppositionist to circumcision and rape; do no harm to an innocent; no one has the right to do this harm to another.
Of course, there is a higher call to do no harm to one's own species...
If someone applied this equally to all other living things... animals... plants... bacteria... the adage of "save the planet, kill yourself" would hold true.
Yet, we as a group (humanity) have enacted laws/guidelines about treatment of other animals.
Lord, how would we change these if we were NOT the top of the food chain?!? LOL
Thus morality is situationaly dependent? ...or just the morality we decide upon and settle for?

jem_is_bi
Jun 3, 2010, 12:47 AM
We have to have regrets?

My life definitely had up and down times and almost died twice times. I have absolutely no regrets about that. I survived and cannot think of anything important that I would like to change.

I am not a young man any more. No, I do not regret that. But, it does mean that regrets need to be resolved.
So, an almost regret for me was being 57 yrs old and never have sex with another man.
That started to cause nightmares for me. I have been bisexual my entire life.
Now, I have had the same male partner for 4 years.
So, I am very grateful that I have no regrets.
Life is good. I am happy.

freezeplay
Jun 3, 2010, 1:09 AM
About 6-7 months ago, I started to date this beautiful woman. I told her that I had bi tendencies, she didn't like the idea but she accepted it. We fell in love, but we ended up breaking up. I'm afraid she will tell people about my dark issues. We work for the same company, so it wil defintiely spread like wildfire.

Trey01
Jun 3, 2010, 1:37 AM
I regret not ever having a serious relationship. Since I'm 21, I feel left behind.

As harsh as it may sound. I regret being friends with some people. Where they treated me bad, I let them. and I treated them bad, and they let me. I feel like I gained nothing by being friends with them just embarrassment or even anger. It was pointless for us both.

I regret trying to grow up as fast as I did. I didn't take enough time to learn from mistakes as a child.

I regret being very different from my family. Amidst cheerleaders, football players, elementary school teachers. I stick out like a sore thumb.

I regret being depressed for a majority of my life. I missed out on a few years. Subsequently I regret the way I treated myself. I now have a lot of noticeable scars all over my body.

I regret coming out to the people I did. I sometimes feel like I'm still not ready for people to know I'm Bi, because sometimes I don't know if I'm Bi. I sometimes have moments where I feel gay, some where I'm proud to feel Bi. and then most often I feel silly for having those feelings because I feel straight as an arrow.

Mostly, I regret having regrets. I wish my thoughts were always clear to know exactly who I am and what direction I'm headed for myself. If that was possible then maybe I'd be able to tread on my past lightly.

meh. feelings are gross. haha, but thanks for posting this thread. It's nice to share sometimes.

Bluebiyou
Jun 3, 2010, 6:33 PM
I regret not ever having a serious relationship. Since I'm 21, I feel left behind.
Holy shit Trey, the best lies ahead. I, by your age, had been in love a few times. The love of my life (that made all waiting worth while) was when I was in my late 30's.

As harsh as it may sound. I regret being friends with some people. Where they treated me bad, I let them. and I treated them bad, and they let me. I feel like I gained nothing by being friends with them just embarrassment or even anger. It was pointless for us both.

yeah, happens to most of us.

I regret trying to grow up as fast as I did. I didn't take enough time to learn from mistakes as a child.

I regret being very different from my family. Amidst cheerleaders, football players, elementary school teachers. I stick out like a sore thumb.
Fuck that, why do you need to conform? Your life is different.

I regret being depressed for a majority of my life. I missed out on a few years. Subsequently I regret the way I treated myself. I now have a lot of noticeable scars all over my body.
Okay, you need some time with an expert. No shame in this. As a matter of fact it should be a point of pride, that you care to further yourself.

I regret coming out to the people I did. I sometimes feel like I'm still not ready for people to know I'm Bi, because sometimes I don't know if I'm Bi. I sometimes have moments where I feel gay, some where I'm proud to feel Bi. and then most often I feel silly for having those feelings because I feel straight as an arrow.
Normal for your age... these feelings will diminish as your maturity and understanding develop.

Mostly, I regret having regrets. I wish my thoughts were always clear to know exactly who I am and what direction I'm headed for myself. If that was possible then maybe I'd be able to tread on my past lightly.
Whoa! Conflicting thoughts are the only things that make you grow. Personal growth in life is beyond value...
How much money could I pay you to become the person of understanding you were at 5 years old? (Hopefully there is no amount of money/wealth that would entice you in this deal, as personal growth is priceless in this thing called life) Indeed, regrets are an important part of personal development.

meh. feelings are gross. haha, but thanks for posting this thread. It's nice to share sometimes.
Feelings are gross? My young friend... ... ... ...
you ARE your feelings.
And your feelings are right.
Only harming others and self is wrong. Do not follow any feelings in these avenues. Indeed, seek professional help in this single aspect. Do not harm yourself or others. Feelings are 'wrong' in this aspect only.
The world is far from how you perceive it.
This is not a criticism, but an encouragement for personal growth!
Hope you get laid many, many, times too! That helps.
Loneliness and depression are growth inhibitors.

Canticle
Jun 3, 2010, 7:44 PM
Trev....thank you.

21....... you have you're whole life......as yet, unlived......to look forward to.

I'm looking to begin my life at 55.......so don't feel hard done by.....the best...and the worst.....and the best, again....is yet to come.

However long we have, upon this spinning globe, it's what we do with that time, that matters.

Trey01
Jun 3, 2010, 11:00 PM
Haha wow. thanks you guys! I'm obviously holding onto a lot. But I'm a lot better than I once was. I've been to professionals to sort out my issues. which helped. and I'm glad it did. I'd recommend it to anyone. I think now I just need to learn to be young and not set expectations of myself so high.

I think I just decided to let out a lot of stuff I'd been holding in. I don't share a lot about my past or things I regret or things that make me upset. So, I took full advantage of this thread.

Bluebiyou, thanks for your kind words. It was definitely taken as encouragement. I want to assure you that I'm not harming myself or others anymore. it's behind me. Sometimes I wish it wasn't in my past but it is. I suppose it's all a part of learning.

Canticle, thanks for your encouragement as well. It's always nice to be reassured that there's no right track to be on.

So, thank you.