PDA

View Full Version : Oh my, a doctor being unethical...who'd a thunk it?

TwylaTwobits
May 24, 2010, 8:07 PM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/3733878/Doctor-who-linked-autism-to-vaccine-banned

I remember when this study came out and how it did worry everyone who had ever signed the form to give their children vaccines. Problem is he might have been unethical but did it invalidate his research? All medicines have side effects, intended or otherwise, it's why they are used as medicine. We can't deny the convenience of opening a bottle of aspirin versus gathering willow tree bark to make a brew, but there are times that natural remedies are far better than the modern packaged ones.

Bluebiyou
May 24, 2010, 8:16 PM
Twyla,

I'm biting my tongue.

For humor watch:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/3529/saturday-night-live-theodoric-of-york

Please watch... I know a lot of people post a lot of hooks, but please watch this one.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
May 25, 2010, 2:22 AM
He took blood from kids at his son's bday party?? And no parents came forth to sue the silly Bastard Then??? Sigh, and people wonder why I hate Doctors. I didnt see proper Dr's until I was like 10 years old simply because my Mom couldnt afford it, and because my Gramma there on the Rez was one of the best Holistic Herbist in the state. And this from a woman who only had a 3rd grade education...
Sad that Dr's have to be so unethical nowdays.
Cat

R. Kestrel
May 25, 2010, 5:10 AM
Remind me again, which Holistic Herbs eradicated smallpox?

darkeyes
May 25, 2010, 7:38 AM
..an so 'e bloody well should have been banned.. he has endangered hundreds of thousands of children by slap dash inadequately researched pronouncements and we are still living with it now... I dont like people losing their jobs but guys like this I have little sympathy for.. but he isnt alone in not adequately researching what they tell us is gospel.. it happens all the time and not just medically from Doctors.. Pharmaceutical companies and their scientists do it every day.. why else do we live so many serious side effects, and serious side effects in medicine for drugs? A few more of them should be put out to pasture..at least..

Hephaestion
May 25, 2010, 6:51 PM
Whatever muck is thrown at this man, his argument is one which should not be disregarded out of hand.

Soldiers reported side effects from the sheer number of vaccines and other preparations given as profilactics for the Iraq wars.

The USA admitted that there was a phenomenon called Gulf War syndrome. The UK govt(s) sniffed and told their men that it was all in their minds. UK govt(s) which used soldiers to test the effects of radiation in the A-bomb trials, UK govt(s) which sanctioned the study infective diseases spreading in populations by allowing tests on underground train commuters without their knowledge. UK govt(s) that denied that there was ever any problem with food supplies from the recent volcano problem when shop keepers were reporting supply problems.

With the MMR vaccine, parents were not given the opportunity to select which way the vaccinations might have been given. As a combined vaccine which puts the child in the position of creating immunity to 3 simultaneous infections or allow the child 3 separate staggered courses of vaccinations and so lessen the loading.

The govt of the UK invested heavily in the combined MMR vaccine so that was what had to be given - no choice. This troublesome little shit of a doctor just got in the way, a bit like one Professor Kelly (who conveniently committed suicide in the strangest way possible).

UK govt(s) which still deny compensation to the A-bomb guinea pigs to this day tell us that the MMR vaccine is safe and there is no choice in the matter.

When we vaccinated our kids in yesteryear we chose the 3 staggered courses of vaccination on the advice of our doctor. Why? we had a choice then.

mariersa
May 26, 2010, 12:16 AM
When we vaccinated our kids in yesteryear we chose the 3 staggered courses of vaccination on the advice of our doctor. Why? we had a choice then

Indeed, but choice seems to have gone by the wayside, when the gov't says it's right, by god, it's right, shaddup and pay your taxes.