PDA

View Full Version : Where's my chips?

csrakate
May 24, 2010, 9:54 AM
Just something to make you smile on a Monday! LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtQOnsPwBpY

FalconAngel
May 24, 2010, 12:11 PM
There are a couple of those commercials floating around the internet. I have them saved on the computer.

It is a great commercial.

baachus
May 24, 2010, 12:22 PM
don't forget your health

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3HVg5RLLzA&feature=related

Cherokee_Mountaincat
May 24, 2010, 12:40 PM
Great stuff guys. Great to have an early morning laugh on a Monday morning..:} And Kate, I've Never missed my chips like that...I've lost my pickle a time or two, but Never my fries...lol
Silly Cat

Canticle
May 24, 2010, 2:42 PM
Very funny and very clever.

chook
May 24, 2010, 6:15 PM
LMFAO......what more would expect from Pommy sheilas :upside:

Cheers Chook :bigrin:

TwylaTwobits
May 24, 2010, 7:49 PM
LOL Kate, I saw this early this morning before bed but was so tire I had to wait til I got up to post. You made me smile thanks

FalconAngel
May 24, 2010, 9:31 PM
LMFAO......what more would expect from Pommy sheilas :upside:

You used the wrong slang, I think.
The restaurant chain is in South Africa, not Australia. :eek::tong:

chook
May 25, 2010, 12:16 AM
You used the wrong slang, I think.
The restaurant chain is in South Africa, not Australia. :eek::tong:

So sorry to correct you but that woman is definitely an Englishwoman, the South Africans sound nothing like that, and the Aussie slang for a Brit is a Pom or Pommy.

darkeyes
May 25, 2010, 7:20 AM
So sorry to correct you but that woman is definitely an Englishwoman, the South Africans sound nothing like that, and the Aussie slang for a Brit is a Pom or Pommy.

Away ya daft ole coot.. wiv that twang she is as English as u r.. luffly ole pommie bugga that ya r...:bigrin:

Did 'ear on the grapevine thatya jus had a St George X tattooed on ya willie.. an a union flag onya forehead....didn need 2 go that far jus cos its world world cup cummin up... yas not gonna win it.. but nev mind.. buy yasel a plane ticket an ya can sit in corner wiv me mum blubbin ya heart out wenya big Jessies get gubbed... but we will b havin big family bash an barbie on World Cup final day wen the Scottish side a the family get 2getha in part for the footie.. in part for the fun.. ya wud hav a ball... 50 mill English peeps sittin cryin inta ther ale cosa wot wos nev gonna b.. an us reely havin triff knees up an gettin jolly on the whisky, Cognac, plonk an beer..:bigrin: O yea.. an propa chips... not peely wally frozen things like ya countrywoman found wen the plate wos moved out from unda 'er boobies..:tong:

FalconAngel
May 25, 2010, 12:04 PM

I hate to correct your correction, but two of my riding buddies are from South Africa, and that accent and manner of speech in the commercial is identical to theirs.
It is very similar to the English accent (I spent 3 years in the UK) but not quite the same. It is a very fine difference, just like there is a difference between the English and Australian accents.

http://www.nandos.co.za/sections.html#Our%20Restaurants

darkeyes
May 25, 2010, 3:36 PM
I hate to correct your correction, but two of my riding buddies are from South Africa, and that accent and manner of speech in the commercial is identical to theirs.
It is very similar to the English accent (I spent 3 years in the UK) but not quite the same. It is a very fine difference, just like there is a difference between the English and Australian accents.

http://www.nandos.co.za/sections.html#Our%20Restaurants

It is def not a SA accent Falcie.. its antipodean.. wetha Oz or Kiwi.. not quite sure.. Oz methinks.. but English.. not on Chookies Nellie...:).. but who cares... its funny even allowin for the yughie chips..:bigrin:

chook
May 25, 2010, 4:00 PM
Man, how do I get through to you guys she aint an Aussie and the Kiwis call their chips "chups" so she aint a Kiwi either and I'll be fucked sideways if she is a South African.....but anyway, fuck it all I say, nice tits.....shame about the chips :tong:

Cheers Cook :bigrin:

mariersa
May 25, 2010, 11:44 PM
Yikes; this has been re-cycled, again.

Chook: They aren't listening, the woman definately does not have a South African accent/dialect, if she did (even in English) you would have difficulty understanding her, she may have been one of the last Old Brit Families, before the great departure, actually she sounds sort of Canadian from British Columbia possibly(the old families). And by the way Nando's is an International Franchise Scheme for the burgers etc. the old european grocery purveyor exports peri-peri (an extremely HOT) sauce which sort of competes with your hot sauces(any brand) but none can match the "heat" it's a native reciepe.

Stand by The Canon Chook, you're correct!! :yinyang:

chook
May 26, 2010, 12:47 AM
Yikes; this has been re-cycled, again.

Chook: They aren't listening, the woman definately does not have a South African accent/dialect, if she did (even in English) you would have difficulty understanding her, she may have been one of the last Old Brit Families, before the great departure, actually she sounds sort of Canadian from British Columbia possibly(the old families). And by the way Nando's is an International Franchise Scheme for the burgers etc. the old european grocery purveyor exports peri-peri (an extremely HOT) sauce which sort of competes with your hot sauces(any brand) but none can match the "heat" it's a native reciepe.

Stand by The Canon Chook, you're correct!! :yinyang:

Ahhh at last......Thank you Marie :kiss:

Doggiestyle
May 26, 2010, 12:18 PM
LLLLLLL MA OFFFFF !!!
:bigrin: I liked that one Kate. That was funny. I wonder what got her all "tongue tied"??? :rolleyes:
The only problem I have with U-Tube is when I go there, I wind up spending way too much time lookin at the related videos that's on the right. :bigrin:

Keep it up though. Your friend, :doggie:

FalconAngel
May 26, 2010, 12:23 PM
It is def not a SA accent Falcie.. its antipodean.. wetha Oz or Kiwi.. not quite sure.. Oz methinks.. but English.. not on Chookies Nellie...:).. but who cares... its funny even allowin for the yughie chips..:bigrin:

Whatever. The restaurant chain is based in South Africa, though. And it is a funny commercial. That's why I have it saved in my computer files.

Hephaestion
May 27, 2010, 3:42 AM
I can meet every accent and nationality under the sun and eat at a Nanado's in London.

So the advert could have been made anywhere.

Maybe that's the message, international appeal along with the common exploitation of the ubiquitous chesty dumb blonde?

mariersa
May 27, 2010, 5:44 AM
Absolutely correct Heph, you're a marketing genius!!!:bigrin:

darkeyes
May 27, 2010, 11:43 AM
I can meet every accent and nationality under the sun and eat at a Nanado's in London.

So the advert could have been made anywhere.

Maybe that's the message, international appeal along with the common exploitation of the ubiquitous chesty dumb blonde?

Woteva 'er accent an wereva she is from.. cudnta made the advert if they relied on the Fran tidgies! :tong:

sammie19
May 27, 2010, 1:04 PM
Woteva 'er accent an wereva she is from.. cudnta made the advert if they relied on the Fran tidgies! :tong:

Now thats what I call understatement Aunty Flan. Or should that be overstatement?;) No. I think that understatement will do.:bigrin:

mariersa
May 28, 2010, 7:06 AM
Now thats what I call understatement Aunty Flan. Or should that be overstatement? No. I think that understatement will do.

Sammie: Flan is that a typo?

darkeyes
May 28, 2010, 7:17 AM
Now thats what I call understatement Aunty Flan. Or should that be overstatement? No. I think that understatement will do.

If I can answer that since I'm here, o gorge person.. its a private joke and one for which she is gonna cop it ...

mariersa
May 28, 2010, 7:21 AM
Re: Where's my chips?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariersa

If I can answer that since I'm here, o gorge person.. its a private joke and one for which she is gonna cop it ...

Oh no no no, not satisfactory, unless you are her Barrister, i direct response is required!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigrin:

darkeyes
May 28, 2010, 7:27 AM
Re: Where's my chips?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariersa

Oh no no no, not satisfactory, unless you are her Barrister, i direct response is required!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigrin:

Well it has 2 do wiv wot a flan is.. lil moren that but dus refer 2 summat bout wich me is ver sensitive.. an she makes me life a misery bout it.. an yas not gettin it outa me!!! Not thatya seem 2 wont it so I shud care..:(

mariersa
May 28, 2010, 7:33 AM
Well it has 2 do wiv wot a flan is.. lil moren that but dus refer 2 summat bout wich me is ver sensitive.. an she makes me life a misery bout it.. an yas not gettin it outa me!!! Not thatya seem 2 wont it so I shud care..:(

a little levity please, cuz i duz, :rolleyes:

sammie19
May 28, 2010, 9:39 AM
Why Flan Marie? Because a flan is a type of tart, and she told me once that the original meaning in the french meant flat. Now do you get it? A flat tart.:bigrin:

What you didn't ask is why aunty. Thats because my cousin sometimes calls her mum as she is so much older. One week to be exact. Thats something that goes back to when they first met. So if she is my cousin's mum what else can she be but my aunty?:rolleyes:

darkeyes
May 28, 2010, 4:13 PM
Strewth Sam.. ya cudda shutya gob.. is nowt sacred? U jus memba wer ya Barclaycard is tart!!! Suggest ifya don wan buy me a certain ratha yummie skirt n blouse an a gorge paira shoes 2 go wiv 'em zip it...:bigrin: Nev mind big gob.. still luffya.. an me will look ace in that skirt n blouse..:tong:

Canticle
May 28, 2010, 6:03 PM
The lady in the ad....

South African.......no way

British......no.......and South Africans don't sound a bit like the British...whichever regional accent one has (unless one visits the Channel Islands.....the accent of the locals, on the island of Jersey, sound very similar to a soft South African accent....I think).

Australian...nope....I don't think so

New Zealand.....yep....that's what I'm gunning for.....her vowels are flat.....she said chups......and the rest.

Tarts.....Flans.....No Lemon Meringue Pie???

csrakate
May 28, 2010, 6:17 PM
Gee...I just thought it was funny....sigh!

darkeyes
May 28, 2010, 7:33 PM
It wos an is funny me daft ole mumsie...but don blame us for havin a gud ole barney bout woteva we wer havin gud ole barney bout... wot wos it by the way??? Tee hee :bigrin:

sammie19
May 28, 2010, 8:21 PM
Strewth Sam.. ya cudda shutya gob.. is nowt sacred? U jus memba wer ya Barclaycard is tart!!! Suggest ifya don wan buy me a certain ratha yummie skirt n blouse an a gorge paira shoes 2 go wiv 'em zip it...:bigrin: Nev mind big gob.. still luffya.. an me will look ace in that skirt n blouse..:tong:

hehehe... no use threatening me.. I know u too well

darkeyes
May 28, 2010, 8:23 PM
hehehe... no use threatening me.. I know u too well

Wee cow!

curious married m
May 28, 2010, 8:33 PM

LOL well I liked her tits, Kate
Just shows that tits talk to me regardless of the accent.
:tong::tongue::devil::doggie:

Canticle
May 28, 2010, 9:07 PM

It was, Kate, it was...........thing I couldn't see, was her bicycle tyre pump.

mariersa
May 29, 2010, 9:26 AM
Why Flan Marie? Because a flan is a type of tart, and she told me once that the original meaning in the french meant flat. Now do you get it? A flat tart.:bigrin:

What you didn't ask is why aunty. Thats because my cousin sometimes calls her mum as she is so much older. One week to be exact. Thats something that goes back to when they first met. So if she is my cousin's mum what else can she be but my aunty?:rolleyes:

hehehe I absouletey knew what a Flan is immeditely, what I was wondering if Frances had changed to a jiggly custardly wench on the top and that burnt cognac n stuff thingy on the bottom :bigrin::bigrin::bigrin: (that's the spanish version anyway) and i also knew about that family connection.

Thanks Sammie and by the way, don't let her bribe you with the outfit, I'll call my bro and have her Barclays charge cancelled. :bigrin::bigrin:

darkeyes
May 29, 2010, 10:16 AM
hehehe I absouletey knew what a Flan is immeditely, what I was wondering if Frances had changed to a jiggly custardly wench on the top and that burnt cognac n stuff thingy on the bottom :bigrin::bigrin::bigrin: (that's the spanish version anyway) and i also knew about that family connection.

Thanks Sammie and by the way, don't let her bribe you with the outfit, I'll call my bro and have her Barclays charge cancelled. :bigrin::bigrin:

U a cheeky cow an all....:tong:

...an seein Sam lata.. mite give 'er 'er card bak..mite not.. mita already got me gear..mite not.. jus let the lil tart sweat.. :bigrin:

mariersa
May 30, 2010, 7:00 AM
U a cheeky cow an all....:tong:

...an seein Sam lata.. mite give 'er 'er card bak..mite not.. mita already got me gear..mite not.. jus let the lil tart sweat.. :bigrin:

oh damnit you have her card, oops:eek:

cow huh, ok fLannie. runs away laughing hysterically :bigrin:

darkeyes
May 30, 2010, 8:20 AM
Cow.. luffly tall cow but cow nuntheless...:tong:

mariersa
May 30, 2010, 12:28 PM
looks as though someone is looking for 40 whacks on her lil bahookie:tong:

darkeyes
May 30, 2010, 2:16 PM

God Mars.. its been so long..... :( Wack away... tee hee:bigrin:

curious married m
May 30, 2010, 2:49 PM

MMMMMMMMM MarS, You KNOW how i wanna watch ya do that to the lil tart.
He He

darkeyes
May 30, 2010, 3:15 PM
MMMMMMMMM MarS, You KNOW how i wanna watch ya do that to the lil tart.
He He

.. if u r ne wer in the vicinty me luffly ole goat face... the offer is rescinded... tee hee:tong:

sammie19
May 30, 2010, 3:22 PM
.. if u r ne wer in the vicinty me luffly ole goat face... the offer is rescinded... tee hee:tong:

Dont u believe her. She will do anything for a nice new pair of shoes or some new lingerie. hehehe;)

darkeyes
May 30, 2010, 3:25 PM
*cough splutter*

*blush*

COW!!!

sammie19
May 30, 2010, 3:26 PM
*cough splutter*

*blush*

COW!!!

Revenge is sweet. hehehe:bigrin:

darkeyes