PDA

View Full Version : Member Fraud

learnin2
May 24, 2010, 7:25 AM
What a suprise to me as I was looking at a member profile (orallybi4cpl) and saw my photo being represented as the members own picture. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Do you think this is common here? How did you deal with it? Fraudulent behavior like this underminds the credibility of all posters. I understand that sometimes people use cartoons, staged photos, etc, in their profiles but they never make the claim it is them. See orallybi4cpl photo # 10.

TwylaTwobits
May 24, 2010, 7:47 AM
Interesting, I'd suggest you mail Drew.

MarieDelta
May 24, 2010, 9:01 AM
Contact Drew, best solution.

Havent really noticed it tht much, but then you never know...

Cherokee_Mountaincat
May 24, 2010, 12:44 PM
What an ass. I hope you contacted Drew immediatly along with contacting this guy and going WTF, Chuck?
Cat

Canticle
May 24, 2010, 2:39 PM
Unfortunately this sort of thing and similar, happen on all sites. I had a profile on Paltalk and thankfully, the picture I had used, was one of me aged 23. This picture was ''lifted,'' from the profile, along with the text of the profile and posted in the chat room of another site I visit. Then, one of the ever so intelligent people, who do these things, thought it fun to disfigure my picture.That is how sick some people are.

On this same chat site.....a site which has rooms, I would never want to venture into.....a small group of people, have made a concerted effort to take over the general chat, chat rooms, one by one, insulting prople, mocking them, flooding the room with filth or just blank posts which bounce people out of the rooms. They have driven a lot of people away....and the terrible thing is, they also impersonate regulars and cause trouble, or change names so frequently, that you just do not know who is who.

One particularly nasty character, who is also one of these computer nerd types, actually looks up the details of people. How he does it, I don't know, but people he decides are not who he wants around, he will post the full names, address, email address, telephone numbers of, actually in the room, for all to see.

I have never put a real name on an email address form, or my post code, so I was scared shitless, when I saw the first line of my home address. posted to me, in pm, in enormous font. The only people who know my home address, are those I have been corresponding with, by letter, for years. Never would I hand out details willy nilly.

This same unsavoury character, will change a name to one he thinks suits a victim. Once, he used the name of the last victim of Jack the Ripper, posted the photograph of her and told me that I needed to die. He tells people that they need to go and kill themselves....and he thinks he is somehow more intelligent than everyone else.

Another group, aligned to this ghastly person, is led by a woman. Some chatters get taken in by her and don't believe the truth about her, but chatters who have been encountering her for years, know different. Again, she and her friends are name changers.....watching people, doing hit and run insults etc.

They create fake pms to make it look like someone has given them info about another person. Where they fail, is when they try to post in a similar style, or when impersonating someone, cannot answer a question, which would allow one to know, that they were not an impostor.

What saddens me, is when you see a person, who should know better, get taken in by these people, ending up joining in with the insults and then accusing people, whom they know would never do such a thing, of giving their info to the bad guys.

Unfortunately, some people will put their photo in profiles all over the net, say almost exactly where they live, have instant message addresses etc all over the place and even give their 'phone number out, on a whim, only to see most of it posted in public. What these people forget, is that the different people in a particular chat room, whom they have either emailed, or given their number to, are all friends, so the info can be collected and used to find where people live, etc.

I'd never have another detailed profile, or use a picture that was of me, which is why I won't fill in a detailed profile, or place a picture here. I have come to the conclusion that this site, has people on it, who are in no way like these others, I have encountered. Sure, there may be the odd one or two, but the people here, are good people and I can't imagine many of them saying to people, what I have seen posted on this other site.

I feel more at home here, than on a site that is riddled with totally evil people.

_Joe_
May 24, 2010, 4:53 PM
Great, you mean someone can steal my awesome cockshot and say its theirs ?!?

This is why I can't have nice things.

julbug
May 24, 2010, 5:03 PM
Unfortunately this sort of thing and similar, happen on all sites. I had a profile on Paltalk and thankfully, the picture I had used, was one of me aged 23. This picture was ''lifted,'' from the profile, along with the text of the profile and posted in the chat room of another site I visit. Then, one of the ever so intelligent people, who do these things, thought it fun to disfigure my picture.That is how sick some people are.

On this same chat site.....a site which has rooms, I would never want to venture into.....a small group of people, have made a concerted effort to take over the general chat, chat rooms, one by one, insulting prople, mocking them, flooding the room with filth or just blank posts which bounce people out of the rooms. They have driven a lot of people away....and the terrible thing is, they also impersonate regulars and cause trouble, or change names so frequently, that you just do not know who is who.

One particularly nasty character, who is also one of these computer nerd types, actually looks up the details of people. How he does it, I don't know, but people he decides are not who he wants around, he will post the full names, address, email address, telephone numbers of, actually in the room, for all to see.

I have never put a real name on an email address form, or my post code, so I was scared shitless, when I saw the first line of my home address. posted to me, in pm, in enormous font. The only people who know my home address, are those I have been corresponding with, by letter, for years. Never would I hand out details willy nilly.

This same unsavoury character, will change a name to one he thinks suits a victim. Once, he used the name of the last victim of Jack the Ripper, posted the photograph of her and told me that I needed to die. He tells people that they need to go and kill themselves....and he thinks he is somehow more intelligent than everyone else.

Another group, aligned to this ghastly person, is led by a woman. Some chatters get taken in by her and don't believe the truth about her, but chatters who have been encountering her for years, know different. Again, she and her friends are name changers.....watching people, doing hit and run insults etc.

They create fake pms to make it look like someone has given them info about another person. Where they fail, is when they try to post in a similar style, or when impersonating someone, cannot answer a question, which would allow one to know, that they were not an impostor.

What saddens me, is when you see a person, who should know better, get taken in by these people, ending up joining in with the insults and then accusing people, whom they know would never do such a thing, of giving their info to the bad guys.

Unfortunately, some people will put their photo in profiles all over the net, say almost exactly where they live, have instant message addresses etc all over the place and even give their 'phone number out, on a whim, only to see most of it posted in public. What these people forget, is that the different people in a particular chat room, whom they have either emailed, or given their number to, are all friends, so the info can be collected and used to find where people live, etc.

I'd never have another detailed profile, or use a picture that was of me, which is why I won't fill in a detailed profile, or place a picture here. I have come to the conclusion that this site, has people on it, who are in no way like these others, I have encountered. Sure, there may be the odd one or two, but the people here, are good people and I can't imagine many of them saying to people, what I have seen posted on this other site.

I feel more at home here, than on a site that is riddled with totally evil people.

If you know who it is, and its still continuing, you can contact the police with printouts and names and file a report. I've had to talk to someone at our local precinct when one of my husband's exs did the same thing.

Its a shame some people have nothing better to do with there time than to harass others

Canticle
May 24, 2010, 5:34 PM
Great, you mean someone can steal my awesome cockshot and say its theirs ?!?

This is why I can't have nice things.

LOL!! You always manage to make us smile, Joe.

Canticle
May 24, 2010, 5:48 PM
If you know who it is, and its still continuing, you can contact the police with printouts and names and file a report. I've had to talk to someone at our local precinct when one of my husband's exs did the same thing.

Its a shame some people have nothing better to do with there time than to harass others

Personally, I found that once I had resisted the temptation, to take the swines on (and that really does go against what I feel, I should do), and put them on ignore, on sight, they begin to get bored with one. For me, it feels like thay have ''won,'' in one sense, but as others say, if you put them on ignore, then you take away their power. In the end, they just end up talking and squabbling, with one another.

You get used to the names they use, on a regular basis and also put on ignore, any other names, which look suspicious, even though the owners of those names may be innocent folk.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
May 24, 2010, 6:50 PM
LOL Joe-honey, no one could Ever take your cock shot OR your smileyface and make it theirs...its unique only unto you. *Muah to your cheek*:bigrin:
Cat