PDA

View Full Version : Not gonna be around that much anymore

12voltman59
May 23, 2010, 11:40 PM
I have not been on too much lately---kind of the normal way it is for me when the weather gets warm it seems----lots of stuff goes on--but it seems this spring----my pickup in being busy has hit exponential.

In the past 14 days or so---I have been "on the road" for most of them and that is continuing--I am off for Florida on Tuesday AM, bright and early for a direct flight to Orlando--providing the Air Tran pilots don't make good on their strike threat by my scheduled departure time.

I will be driving back and making various intermediate stops---in the Savannah/Hilton Head area--then HOPEFULLY in Louisville, Kentucky sometime next week after the Memorial Day holiday.

I say hopefully because tomorrow---as a family joint purchase---we are making our first offer on a very nice and very big river going houseboat. Its 70 feet long.

Providing we come to an mutually satisfactory agreement with the seller of the boat---once some technical issues like a marine survey, hauling the boat out of the water to inspect its hull and "running gear" are taken care of and they hopefully show no major problems that need to be addressed-----we will be taking delivery of the boat, then running it for a two day run up the Ohio from Louisville to Cincinnati.

Once we get it-I expect to make a first pleasure trip shortly thereafter---and I am also very much busy with some other things as well including becoming associated with a documentary film producer, possibly joining her staff to work on her next film project----a documentary film that argues for the legalization of pot. She already has lined up a number of celebrity figures such as Willie Nelson, Bill Maher and Cheech Marin from the Cheech and Chong, 60s/70s "stoner" comedy team to be figures in the movie--Marin spent some federal prison time a few years back due to his selling nothing more than pipes the government said were purchased by customers for the sole purpose of smoking pot.

I am also going to start doing my own film projects since I think as a lone media form---print media is pretty much a dying, if not dead duck already. It has gotten easier to produce quality work these days for not all that much money--and with my new connections with the filmakers I have now come to know in recent months--that does help me get a leg up when it comes to knowing who to try to pitch films to for funding, distribution and possible showing either in theaters or television. The real cost of filmaking now is more the ancillary things like having to pay for the rights and to get permission to use things like music produced by major stars and things of that nature.

I am going to start out doing some locally oriented projects--so they should not be all that expensive to produce and I can
"cut my teeth" on them, so to speak, learn by trial and error and all that----get a few such productions under my belt before I attempt something of any major scale.

So--with all that is going on in my life---I am very damn busy these days and don't have much time to hardly even sit down it seems.

I will pop in from time to time--and maybe post up a few things, not much though--for some---they are probably gonna be glad I am going to be scarce on here in the coming months.

If we don't somehow make contact on here--I want to wish everyone in the Northern Hemisphere, a great summer season. Be safe, have fun.

Same goes for those "down under"--I hope you enjoy your cold weather season as much as you can.

I hope that everything goes well for all of you and that you and yours remain healthy and safe and have at least some degree of contentment if not downright happiness.

Here is the exterior of the boat I hope that in a relatively short time---I will be at the controls--cruising up and down "old man river!"

Peace ya'all!!

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/mpgarr/AboardtheMonticelloRiverYacht082.jpg

If ya like me at all--please send your prayers, good thoughts and such on the dealing with that boat comes out for us--for me--it is a longtime dream to get back to having a good river cruising boat--I never would have expected to get one that nice----but it seems that so many things came together on me finding that boat--certain "coincidences" and such taking place in regards to that boat----it almost seems that it was "destiny" of sorts to get this boat----I can hardly believe it will go away--but if the deal cannot be made---I will get over it--but I will be bummed for sure!!! If it is meant to be--it will happen--if not--then it won't-that is my take on such things and even if you think its a bad thing that something doesn't turn out your way---it really often does seem to be that in looking back on something---it was best it didn't happen.

Thanks guys for being a good online "community"

I am sure that when it is cold and crappy outside again and even if we have the boat-it isn't time to use it then--I will be back on more as usual in the wintertime, providing I am not busy editing video or some such thing!

See ya' all then.

TwylaTwobits
May 23, 2010, 11:43 PM
Awesome Voltie, good luck in everything you do and may the Goddess smile on you as you go off a new adventure.

Floridaguy4u
May 23, 2010, 11:46 PM
That bight be but life is a two way street and the way it is now is only one way for you. Why not hear what others have to say? Do you dislike the rest of us?

TwylaTwobits
May 23, 2010, 11:50 PM
Floridaguy, what are you referring to? He is posting why he is not gonna be around as much and telling about a new adventure he has in the works. Interesting that your first post on this site is one that appears to be slamming a long time member....Read it again, actually read it and you'll see what I mean.

Long Duck Dong
May 23, 2010, 11:57 PM
voltie, you want us to have voltie pic withdrawals ????

lol, we have not always see eye to eye, but your pics have been something that have said more than words ever could, you have shown me a side of america that can not be expressed in words, america the beautiful......

do us a favour and promise we will get voltie pics and that in future film credits we see 12 volt listed there so we know that you are hanging with the likes of james cameron lol

sighs and lifts a glass of whiskey and salutes our sea faring capt'n voltie

Floridaguy4u
May 23, 2010, 11:59 PM
why will this person not accept any correspondence from anyone? There is no way to contact him at all. Can you email this member? You are quick to judge and state I am slamming someone. He made the post I made a comment can we do that here make comments? Does it really matter if this is the first post?

12voltman59
May 24, 2010, 12:03 AM
why will this person not accept any correspondence from anyone? There is no way to contact him at all. Can you email this member? You are quick to judge and state I am slamming someone. He made the post I made a comment can we do that here make comments? Does it really matter if this is the first post?

I block non "buddies" since for quite some time----I had a very nasty troll who inudated my two message paths on here with all kinds of hateful stuff--I put up with it for several years-and finally--enough was enough!!

LDD----the sort of stuff I will be doing-it will be more like Ken Burns than Cameron--and yes--with this boat---I am going to log all my underway time--with my prior sea time and sea going helm, seamanship and watch standing qualifications from the US Coast Guard--when I have attained the requisite amount of operations time--I will sit for my USCG Riverboat Captain's License. That will probably be sometime late next year or early in 2012 I figure.

So--then I can be called "Captain Voltie!!"

The one thing I will most likely be posting from time to time---should I come to sit at the helm of this great boat---photos and maybe even some YouTube short vids of the towns and cities along the waterways of inland America--I will sure to let ya'all know about those.

In fact---it is a project of this sort I intend to undertake to make a doc film on such places and life on the rivers today.

I am going to start concentrating on such stories right around Cincinnati---I plan to begin shooting my first stuff rather soon---but with historical research being done this winter, then really hit shooting on the river and environs very hard next summer.

TwylaTwobits
May 24, 2010, 12:05 AM
And now you are condeming him for not accepting private messages......sighs. No, it doesn't matter it's your first post, but it's your last post I'll see. Welcome to ignore.

Voltie, hon, if I could get up to Louisville I'd love to see you off, but the way things are here I can just imagine my dad's face if I said, "Dad, I need to go Louisville to see off a guy I know from Bisexual.com".... I like living thanks :)

Again good luck, sweetie, and I look forward to seeing more of your pics.

llllllllll
May 24, 2010, 12:05 AM
Good luck and safe travels Voltie

12voltman59
May 24, 2010, 12:15 AM
Good luck and safe travels Voltie

Thanks code!!

Well Twyla--you can just say it was on Facebook or something!! :bigrin::bigrin:

TwylaTwobits
May 24, 2010, 12:19 AM
ROFL, true my dad uses internet to literally check on which hunting season is in exactly when.

He, like Duckie, wouldn't be caught dead near Facebook, Myspace or Twitter lol

12voltman59
May 24, 2010, 12:28 AM
ROFL, true my dad uses internet to literally check on which hunting season is in exactly when.

He, like Duckie, wouldn't be caught dead near Facebook, Myspace or Twitter lol

There ya go--well as Cat might say: "Bless his heart!!" :bigrin::bigrin:

Canticle
May 24, 2010, 1:13 AM
That sure is a nice vessel you'll be sailing about. I hope you have heaps of fun and don't forget to take plenty of those great pictures. You are a very talented photographer. Good luck Voltie and Bon Voyage.

Hephaestion
May 24, 2010, 4:05 AM
Good luck Voltie.

H.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
May 24, 2010, 4:15 AM

What he is Saying is that people who Know him can contact him privately. And who are you to question his decision to let the rest of us know about his intentions? Voltie is a long time member, and we as his friends support his decisions to do what he loves, and what he does damn well.

Good Luck, Voltie honey. I know you'll do very well! Keep us posted and dont forget those of us who care 'bout ya, Darlin.
Hugzzz
Cat

onewhocares
May 24, 2010, 6:46 AM
What a wonderful vessel....a tad bigger than the kayak that I use. Wishing you and your family the utmost luck and joy in their hopefully new boat. May your journeys be safe and memorable.

Belle

colfax129
May 24, 2010, 7:29 AM
Volty,

Just a "heads-up" here, it was Tommy Chong who did the prison time, not Cheech Marin. Good luck with the boat. That thing looks cool!

Colfax129

Realist
May 24, 2010, 8:19 AM
Volty, I lived in and close to Louisville for about 30 years...a great place and loved the river, too. Good luck in all of your endeavors. Sounds like fun!

MarieDelta
May 24, 2010, 8:57 AM
Fair skies to you, hon, till we meet again

*hugs and kisses*

csrakate
May 24, 2010, 9:01 AM
Good Luck with this new adventure, Volty! Take care of yourself and let us hear from you from time to time!

Hugs,
Kate

Gina7777
May 24, 2010, 9:19 AM
Bon voyage! :)

rissababynta
May 24, 2010, 9:37 AM
Best of luck to you love! And nice boat!

mikey3000
May 24, 2010, 10:35 AM
Best of luck Voltie!!! What awesome oppourtunities await you. Much success in everything you touch. You will be missed.

Vikkster230
May 24, 2010, 11:50 AM
Wanted to wish you luck on what seems to be a very busy life... I haven't had any personal contact from you, but I've done a great deal of reading your opinion on threads and have come to appreciate them... Best wishes and look forward to the films.

FalconAngel
May 24, 2010, 12:10 PM
Good luck on everything, Volty.

In these times it is good to see one of us "regular folks" getting things going in a positive direction for a change.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
May 25, 2010, 2:09 PM
Now Voltie. You Know you're going to miss us! Kate's sweet and gentle mannerisms, Show's edumacation, Peg's classy way's, Allbi's wit and charm. My Redneck ways...lol I know you wont miss the trolls, but they arent important.

Where ever you go my friend, take the smiles and friendships of those who know and love you with you, and know where we are when you need us, or need a break from sanity for a while..lol
Hugs Darlin
Cat

SJ37AndSteph
May 25, 2010, 2:27 PM
Volty,

Good Luck with everything u do. and will always hope to see more of your pictures as u can post them.. thats one thing i always love seeing when i come on here is ur pictures i love looking at them..

Take Care Hugs

SweetJuices 37

Ninnian
May 25, 2010, 2:40 PM
Volty!
Ya best make it back once ina whiel to post pics n updates.. I dun wanna do without my Volty pics!

Godo luck and blessingto you on teh attianment of every dream!!
((((((((()))))))
Nin :bigrin:

Bluebiyou
May 25, 2010, 8:44 PM
12Volt!
While in Louisville, go downtown, across from the exhibition hall where they recently had the Titanic exhibit... and visit :
Proof on Main
it's a trip. You'll love the surrealism of it!!!!
I guarantee it! Best thing I've seen in years!
Plan 3 hours, perhaps 4.
If you have a lot of time, go to the cemetery, Cave Hill Cemetery, this is easily a day long thing.
Read up on the cemetery on the internet first (presuming you have a little time).

TwylaTwobits
May 25, 2010, 9:09 PM
Cave Hill Cemetary is beautiful, you can feed the ducks and boy there are a lot of them. It's a wonderful bit of history there and we can't forget the bust of Colonel Harlan Sanders.

Doggiestyle
May 26, 2010, 12:04 PM
WOW Voltman, that's a really nice ship you are lookin to buy. I gotta admit that I like motorboats too. I once had a 25 ft wood Chris-Craft cruser. It was nice and a real party boat too. SO, if that's what you want, then I really do wish you luck with it. And I am sure that you will enjoy it.

:tong: Uhhhhhh question Voltman????? " Is the pirate in ya about to turn 40"??? :tong:

So, I can see why you can say that you are gonna be as busy as a "one legged man in a ass kicking contest"

Myself----I been pretty busy myself. About 2 months ago I just bought a new Harley Davidson "Ultra Glide" motorcycle. BOY these new Harley(s) are really nice, such a improvement over the old ones. i have been ridding a older 1966 "Elecra Glide" and it really rides rough compared to this new one. I have been all over the USA with it though, and it has been a dependable ride too. But in order to keep it dependable, I have really had to stay on top of the maintenance routine. I am hoping that this new one won't be so maintenance intensive as my old one is. This new one also has a warranty with it. If it ever breaks down, then all I got to do is look up where the nearest dealer is on the GPS unit and call em up and say "hey man, you got a problem" (they are supposed to come and get me, or at least that's what they said they would do).
Something else that I am having a hard time dealing with on that old model is the rough, vibrating ride. I'm getting to the age where I cannot endure trips out west with it. It just wears me out. This new one however, rides a lot smoother, and I think that I will be able to do what I wan't to get back into, which is tripping out west. This summer, I don't know where, but am planning something. Anyway this weekend (Memorial Day) is a long weekend and Sat morning I am planning on a trip to visit friends in Atlanta, then to Charlotte. for more socializing, then back home.

:bigrin: Oh well, nuff said 4 now. Your friend, :doggie: