PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Rock Loses A legend!

rdy2go
May 16, 2010, 9:19 PM
In 1975 I purchased an album called Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow. It featured a then unknown vocalist named Ronnie James Dio. I was absoulutely blown away by Dio's vocals I became an instant fan, and over the years followed his career. He took over for Ozzy in Black Sabbath for a time in the early 80's and soon went on to launch his own solo career. His music got heavier over the years but regardless of how loud it got, Ronnie Dio always delivered clear, rich, powerful vocals that cut above the music. You never had to guess at the lyrics. He inspired legions of singers in all genres of music,(he started in a folk/rock band) and was regarded as one of only a handful of true "legends" in the world of heavy rock. I had the great fortune to see him perform while attending school in the USA in the 80's. It was one of the most memorable performances by a heavy rock singer I had ever witnessed. I will never forget it. Today(May 16) Ronnie James Dio lost his battle with canceer and passed away. He will be missed.

RIP Ronnie James Dio.

HidingOut
May 17, 2010, 9:46 AM
Yeah, just heard this morning. What a sucky way to start the week. RIP, Ronnie.

PrettyFlowingGown
May 17, 2010, 9:46 AM
I loved him too, a major pioneer, like Rob halford. I'm a bg Dio fan so i've been expecting this nws for awhile. it proves cancer can even kill legends too. A shame, but its life. One of my all time fave albums is "Heaven and hell", played it this arvo in memorium.