PDA

View Full Version : It's a bummer dude, like, Ronnie James Dio--uhhhh like--he died dudes!!

12voltman59
May 16, 2010, 8:39 PM
Man--hard to believe he was aged 67--but Heavy Metal rocker, Ronnie James Dio, who replaced Ozzie for a time in the grandaddy of all heavy metal groups, "Black Sabbath" passed from "this mortal coil."

"Hey Ronnie---dude--like uhhh, rest in peace dude!!!! Rock on man!!!"

http://new.music.yahoo.com/ronnie-james-dio/news/--62001717

Lady_Passion
May 16, 2010, 8:47 PM
*sigh*

"Rainbow in the Dark", indeed.

12voltman59
May 16, 2010, 8:47 PM
I just had to have fun with channelling my old heavy metal days---we really did talk like that----God, what was I thinking---or not????

While Ozzie was like God or something--at first I was not so crazy about RJD and the music that BS made in that time--I did warm up to him and that era of Black Sabbath's music.

He was talented and like when any talented person goes--it is kinda a "bummer"---it is hard to think that the members of the "rock and roll" generation are now people that are fading from the scene in ever increasing numbers--but then again--"time marches on" and as the poet said (Jim Morrsion), "No one gets out of here alive!"

RIP Ronnie James Dio!!

Lady_Passion
May 16, 2010, 8:55 PM
Ronnie James Dio was an excellent singer and musician. Saw him live in '84. Great show.

MarieDelta
May 16, 2010, 11:18 PM
RIP Ronnie James Dio.

TwylaTwobits
May 16, 2010, 11:21 PM
Yeah it is a bummer but everyone dies sometime.

Oh rdy already posted something too

http://main.bisexual.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9423

shame we can't combine threads lol

void()
May 16, 2010, 11:27 PM
ACK. "Hm, but OzzyGod still lives."

Not meaning to detract from Dio's passing, it is really sad. Just saying Ozzy keeps on going. He's what in his seventies or so? Just one of those things I find quirky, and makes me go hmmmmm.

Pasadenacpl2
May 17, 2010, 1:27 AM
Ozzy is the same age: 62.

RJD created the horns. If for no other reason than that, he'll be influential long after his passing.

Pasa

PrettyFlowingGown
May 17, 2010, 9:49 AM
ozzys 6 years younger than ronnie, ozzy was born in '48

12voltman59
May 17, 2010, 9:55 AM
It was something at first when Ozzie was gone from Black Sabbath and Ronnie James Dio came in---I was not prepared to like him--but after I listened to what he did--I kinda liked his stuff better--he brought a real edge to Sabbath's music.

It is something that Ozzie is still walking----he pretty much fried his brain with all the substances he consumed over the years! :bigrin:

What is really amazing is that Keith Richards from the Stones is still alive after all these years---how many poppy fields worth of heroin has that guy shot in his veins over the years???

Cherokee_Mountaincat
May 17, 2010, 1:31 PM
I'm sorry for their passings, but can you imagine the jam session in Heaven??? lol
RIP Loves. Let your music make the stars a little brighter.
Cat

csreef
May 17, 2010, 2:51 PM
Rainbow in the Dark, just thinking of that song takes me back to my teenage years...Sad loss, but his music lives on

Miehm
May 18, 2010, 12:34 AM
I actually caught Heaven and Hell at Nissan back 'bout two years ago, with Priest and Motorhead. And freaking Testament of all things...

Dio and Halford was no comparison, blew Priest off the stage.