PDA

View Full Version : Here's your chance

FalconAngel
May 16, 2010, 1:35 PM
I gave the Christians on this board a thread to look at that could have helped those that were uncomfortable in their churches to find churches that they may find that they like better and not one single one looked at it.

Too easy to judge a thread by it's title than to actually see what it is actually about, I guess.

Well here is your chance to revisit the issue and maybe find churches that are supportive of GLBT people.

http://main.bisexual.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9404

Read the thread before you judge what I am trying to say. Is that really too much to ask?

csrakate
May 16, 2010, 1:53 PM
You are wrong....people did look at it...39 views...It's just that no one chose to post on your thread....that's all.

FalconAngel
May 16, 2010, 2:23 PM
Yeah, I noticed that after I posted, but couldn't delete the new thread.

Usually, if people look at a thread, at least one person will say something, even if it is to say something hurtful. Particularly when it is something as important to so many as this.

TwylaTwobits
May 16, 2010, 3:00 PM
Perhaps no one chose to post because to them an openly non Christian offering churches that are LGBT friendly is about as sense making as a podiatrist performing neurovascular brain surgery.

I haven't seen anyone on this board asking for this information, so while your intent may have been good... it wasn't needed. Like offering to fill a cup of water already overflowing.

So at least you didn't get slammed, take heart in that.

FalconAngel
May 16, 2010, 7:14 PM
Perhaps no one chose to post because to them an openly non Christian offering churches that are LGBT friendly is about as sense making as a podiatrist performing neurovascular brain surgery.

Not quite a fair parallel, But I see what you are trying to say.

I haven't seen anyone on this board asking for this information, so while your intent may have been good... it wasn't needed. Like offering to fill a cup of water already overflowing.

Actually, there have been a couple of folks who had posted on that subject, in a couple of related threads this year, and mentioned that it was not "safe" or comfortable to be out where they worshiped. Some had no idea that there were GLBT-friendly churches.

It just seems wrong to worship with people that make you feel uncomfortable or that you need to guard yourself from where one practices their religion. Something oppressive about that, which is why I posted the links.

One should be comfortable and happy in the practice of their religion, not feel the need to keep oneself bottled up. A religion that does not make you feel safe and "at home" is not a religion that one should be practicing.

That is the whole reason that there are GLBT churches: To give members of the GLBT community that are drawn to that particular religion a place to worship in peace and without having to hide what they are.
After all, if the Christians are right, then their god knows what they are; and they should not be condemned by their own religion for being what they are.

So at least you didn't get slammed, take heart in that.

There is that. For a change.

TaylorMade
May 16, 2010, 7:25 PM
As I've said before... my own church has been good to me. That's my reason for my own lack of interest. Possibly that may be true of others.

*Taylor*

bisexualman
May 16, 2010, 8:06 PM
I don't go to 'church' though I was raised Episcopalian. They are a friendly bunch. So perhaps there are people like me who leave it up to those who do attend and believe to sort it out for themselves. I see nothing controversial about your posting; no reason to respond either way.
BTW- I do appreciate your postings and if I were in need of this information, I would definitely use it. I will keep it as a reference for other people I run across.

Lady_Passion
May 16, 2010, 8:14 PM
I attend the church of nature EVERY day. No shirt, no shoes, just service :.)

brutal_priestess
May 17, 2010, 7:47 AM
When you consider the fact that this forum might have more pagans/non-christians on this forum, maybe those interested might not have wanted to come forward in their identity.