PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos - arm-band?

RobUK
May 13, 2010, 7:11 AM
Hey

I've been thinking for a while about getting some-kind of arm-band tattoo. Basically, the thinking is that you should always try and draw attention to your best feature. I'm a wheelchair user, and whilst no matter how much weight I lose, I'll look a bit pudgy round my stomach (make even the fittest guy sit down and it's hardly flattering!), but I do have big arms.

I've been looking at celtic arm-bands, but all of them look like bad 90s clichés. I then looked at aztec arm-bands (which are becoming more popular atm), but they're too wide and cover most of the bicep.

So, does anyone have any advice? Am I worrying about nothing? After all, I'll have this tattoo the rest of my life (which should be 70+yrs), and if 60s and 70s fashion is anything to go by, it might be right up-to-date in 20/30yrs...

Rob
:cool:

TwylaTwobits
May 13, 2010, 7:52 AM
hmmm, there are a lot of great arm bands out there, but it will come down to personal style. I know the wrestler Bill Goldberg had a nice tribal that umm looked as hot as the rest of him :)

You need to find one that flows well around the muscles and even uses the muscles to create movement within. I'd recommend going to a tattoo artist and telling them what you would like and seeing what they can come up with. Shop around, you'll find someone that is able to perfectly capture what you want. Good luck.

Long Duck Dong
May 13, 2010, 8:45 AM
celtic arm bands should tell a story within the folds of their weaving....unfortunately many don't cos people get them cos they look nice and really have no idea how much a celtic design can actually say

the flow of the design can say a lot if its done right....it can tell of your loves, desires and life history.... and there are tattoo artists out there that can weave a tale into your armband that makes it personal and unique to you....

celtic tattoos (http://www.tribal-celtic-tattoo.com/celtic1.htm)
the lick will take you to a tattoo site with many different designs that could help you with inspiration

RobUK
May 13, 2010, 9:35 AM
celtic tattoos (http://www.tribal-celtic-tattoo.com/celtic1.htm)
the lick will take you to a tattoo site with many different designs that could help you with inspiration

Thanks for that link LDD! So much help - really!
:bounce:

rissababynta
May 13, 2010, 10:03 AM
Whatever you choose to do with your armband...try to personalize it in some way shape or form as much as possible. If you get a tattoo with a lot of meaning to you...chances are you will be happy to have it well into your 70's :P

12voltman59
May 13, 2010, 10:48 AM
Damn--love the Irish tatt art of Captain Brett----maybe I have to take a trip up that way and have him do some ink on me.

Being of Irish descent---a heritage of which I am most proud---I already have a Celctic Cross/knotwork tatt--it is not so big---but from Capt Brett--I'd be damn happy to get a big done--and to also have him do some Irish Knotwork arm bands--I don't care if some might think that sort of art is old hat now----that is what I am getting.

If you like that sort of art too--don't let anyone else stop you from getting some--I am sure not gonna let that stop me.

Thanks for posting up that link LDD. I bookmarked that site for sure!!!

biupstateny
May 13, 2010, 1:12 PM
I have a arm band that I drew and thought of my self , It's a trible band with feathers and in the band is my kids names.. the band goes all a way around my arm and tied on the back side of my arm . Not like some others you see where its just a 3/4 band. Make sure you think it long a threw because its going to be with you for a life time. I have 4 other tattoos but I keep with the same kind of theme. Also ask around who is a good tattoo artist in your area and talk to that person ( tattoo Shop ) , they can give you many diffrent options. It took me 6 months before I was sure thats what I wanted.

Note * you get one, good chance you will get another one..