PDA

View Full Version : Sexual fantasies and bi-sexuality

bikiniman
May 12, 2010, 1:37 AM
There are many threads on this site regarding sexual fantasies. My question is what is a sexual fantasy and what do they really mean.

One definition is " An imagined event or sequence of mental images, such as a daydream, usually fulfilling a wish or psychological need."

If we have a sexual fantasy about someone of the same sex (and assuming we are sexually aroused by that fantasy) are we in fact expressing subconsciously a degree of homosexuality/bisexuality?

Would you be prepared to act out your sexual fantasies if the opportunity arose or are some of your sexual fantasies about things you would never actually do?

NEPHX
May 12, 2010, 2:09 AM
You should read up on Kinsey (Kinsey Scale) and Klein (Klein Sexual Orientation Grid (KSOG)) see below. It will give you insight (not answers) to yourself and sexual orientation.

If we have a sexual fantasy about someone of the same sex (and assuming we are sexually aroused by that fantasy) are we in fact expressing subconsciously a degree of homosexuality/bisexuality?

Can be either, both, none & combinations ... and very, very often, changes over time. A person can fantasize about one sex and only have sex with another (could be fantasy about women while sex/relationship only with men and identify as bisexual or homosexual or heterosexual. There are at least 7 variables dealing with sexuality and 3 time periods without including any specific discussion of gender identity.

My question is what is a sexual fantasy and what do they really mean....

From KSOG (see below) "Sexual Fantasies: Whom are your sexual fantasies about? (They may occur during masturbation, daydreaming, as part of real life, or purely in your imagination.)"

"Anna Freud has written that the sex of one's masturbatory fantasies is the ultimate criterion in homo- or heterosexual preference - an astute, even wise, observation on the face of it. But there are individuals who are capable of fantasy involving both sexes, of acting upon and being acted upon by both sexes, all the way to masturbatory orgasm...."

"Fantasizing both sexes at the same time is not the only type of bisexual imagery. Sometimes the fantasies are only of women, other times men. Sexual fantasies is the third variable of sexual orientation. Over a period of time, changes occur, sometimes radically. Some people undergo a 3- 4-degree change during the course of their adult lives."

Dr. F. Klein, The Bisexual Option (2nd ed.), pp16-17

Anne Freud in this quote is daughter of Sigmund Freud, and famous in her own right with her own contributions to ego psychology and child psychoanalysis

Above, when Klein speaks of the "third variable" he is referring to the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid (KSOG) see The Bisexual Option p.19 or The American Institute Of Bisexuality web www.bisexual.org www.bisexual.org/kleingrid.html

[QUOTE=bikiniman;168201]
Would you be prepared to act out your sexual fantasies if the opportunity arose or are some of your sexual fantasies about things you would never actually do?

Would I be prepared, I personally would be and have been. I don't think I have any sexual fantasies that I would never actually do... I'm adventurous and I enabled myself after recovering from being born into a particular religion that frowns on sexuality in general (unless there are priests invovled :rolleyes:)

freezeplay
May 12, 2010, 9:52 AM
I think that if a person fantasizes alot about the same thing, I think that it means that person really wants to venture out and fulfill it. I myself have at least 4-5 fantasys. Given the opportunity, yes I would love to act upon every one of them.

FalconAngel
May 12, 2010, 12:17 PM
There are many threads on this site regarding sexual fantasies. My question is what is a sexual fantasy and what do they really mean.

One definition is " An imagined event or sequence of mental images, such as a daydream, usually fulfilling a wish or psychological need."

Those are interesting questions.

Considering that the vast majority of folks here are either BI, Bi-curious or Gay, then it might be that the expressing those desires through erotic and arousing fantasy could very well be an expression of homosexual leanings, which include bisexuality.

Whether one acts on those fantasies, either to enact them or to make a same sex encounter (not necessarily the fantasy) happen, entirely depends on the persons individual willingness to make either the act or fantasy happen. Of course the the fantasy could not happen if it is not a reasonable or possible scenario and requires a lot of role-play and preparation.

I can't speak for everyone here, but I have had some variations of my fantasies happen and it was pretty good. Like living all fantasies, they were not quite as good as the fantasy, but they were experiences that I would try again.

Now I would guess that there are some fantasies that people have that could never happen, either because it is a completely outrageous fantasy (Superhero rescue, erotic ufo abduction, Conan fantasy, etc.), or just one of those things that are extremely rare, to the point of being near impossible.

But there are always scenarios that one can make happen if they wanted to. There are also scenarios that are close, but serve as "living out" one's fantasies.

Is this about some temerity, on your part, about living out your own fantasies?

If so, then I say that, as long as they are realistic and no one gets harmed, then you should go for it.
Wallow in it and enjoy it, even if it isn't exactly like the fantasy. It should, in theory, be good enough to give you the taste of the fantasy that you are looking for.

bikiniman
May 14, 2010, 12:26 AM
Thanks for your comments.

In the past I had homo-sexual fantasies but identified as purely hetro sexual. I have through a process of deep self reflection during a difficult period in my life, recognised that my homo sexual fantasies are in fact more than that, and that they reflect underlying sexual desire. I now identify as bi-sexual.

Although I have no plans to act on these fantasies I am confident that if I did, whilst they may not live up to my fantasy, that I would enjoy the experience.

I wonder to the extent that other peoples sexual fantasies are in fact representative of their true underlying sexual orientation.